Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I assume they wouldn't have greenlit the show if they weren't confident in their ability to pull off her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Shows how little I know about the character I thought she just had the same power as Mr Fantastic and Plastic man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Carol did work with the Avengers for 5 years during the Endgame time jump so who knows how much she could had been on Earth. So she still could had been a Captain Marvel fan who takes the Marvel name.
    It could also be a more personal thing too. Maybe at some point while Carol's on earth she saves Kamala from a random mugging or car accident or something.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I assume they wouldn't have greenlit the show if they weren't confident in their ability to pull off her powers.
    I'm actually surprised she thinks this is a concern. If a show like Agents of SHIELD can make Ghost Rider look decent (not great, but decent) then a show with Ms. Marvel's presumed high budget shouldn't have a problem at all. Kamala's powers are a little wonky sure, but I can't imagine they're *that* tough to pull off.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Can't wait for this. Wonder if it will tie in to the bloody awful Inhumans show or if they'll reboot them or change her origin and make her an Eternal since that movie is coming soon or Mutant even!

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    Can't wait for this. Wonder if it will tie in to the bloody awful Inhumans show or if they'll reboot them or change her origin and make her an Eternal since that movie is coming soon or Mutant even!
    No way do they touch that Inhuman show. Agents of Shield has a plausible way of giving out Inhuman powers if they want to go in that direction. Inhumans are already part of MCU without that awful Inhuman show.

I heard that they are changing her origin for the MCU. She will not be an Inhuman. She will get her powers some other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I heard that they are changing her origin for the MCU. She will not be an Inhuman. She will get her powers some other way.
    Given the bad blood between Fiege and Ike, I sorta expect them to ignore the tv side of things.

It might be the cleanest solution, if Marvel doesn't want to delve into the Inhumans stuff, to just make Ms. Marvel a mutant. It changes very little about her or her story, and bringing in a few mutants through the films and shows before doing an X movie will make it feel less like the mutants just got dumped in our laps out of nowhere.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Is this coming out after the Dr Strange movie? I and others have theorized they'll use WandaVision and the Dr Strange movie as a way of introducing mutants into the MCU (reverse House of M). Maybe they'll have Ms Marvel be the first mutant to get a movie. I hate the idea in that it utterly undercuts the X-men but I'm not sure they really want to touch on the X-men for a number of years in order to create distance from the Fox movies.

The idea that they might change her origin from being Inhuman to something else, possibly to being a mutant, kind of worries and irks me.

People were all up in arms when the mutants were sidelined for Inhumans and doing the reverse should cause just as much of an outrage in my opinion. Yes, the mutants are a much more prominent and popular IP than the Inhumans ever were, but ignoring the Inhumans and pretending things didn't happen the way that they did just makes the prominence and all of the efforts to push the Inhumans IP even more pointless than a lot of people already consider it to have been.

If Disney wants to tackle the hurdle of introducing mutants into an established universe where there had been no previous mention of their existence then the MCU can handle introducing Inhumans. Whether that means addressing or ignoring the abc shows is yet to be seen, but I don't think Marvel should just outright change the origins of characters to that extent if it can be avoided. Changing her power origins from Terrigenisis to a mutation may seem like a small change on paper, but it undercuts the fact that Kamala was essentially the sole success of the Inhumans push and further limits the scope of the greater Marvel Universe by excluding an entire race of people with a very unique and interesting back story.

The events of Captain Marvel, the introduction of the Eternals and Ms. Marvel give Kevin Feige a real opportunity to reintroduce the Inhumans and an entirely different aspect to the MCU that I don't think they should eliminate simply by ignoring an entire races' existence.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 09-04-2019 at 02:56 AM.

I'm actually surprised she thinks this is a concern. If a show like Agents of SHIELD can make Ghost Rider look decent (not great, but decent) then a show with Ms. Marvel's presumed high budget shouldn't have a problem at all. Kamala's powers are a little wonky sure, but I can't imagine they're *that* tough to pull off.
    Didn't they say the Disney plus shows had big screen movie budgets? I'm sure they won't have to much trouble.

With Kamala origins, I think you can keep the source of it a mystery. In the comics, she doesn't realize she's inhuman on her own. She initially thinks she's a mutant and Wolverine has to tell her otherwise (i could be fudging up the details).

She should be bitten by a radioactive tension band.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Didn't they say the Disney plus shows had big screen movie budgets? I'm sure they won't have to much trouble.
    I think they said something like the shows will have "movie equivalent" sized budgets, or something like that. However it was worded, I took it to mean that these shows won't have literal movie-sized budgets (hundreds of millions) but will still have extremely large budgets for what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    The idea that they might change her origin from being Inhuman to something else, possibly to being a mutant, kind of worries and irks me.
    It's a bit of a weird situation with the Inhumans. The tv side of things has done a lot to establish them but the films have ignored all that completely, and since the MCU continuity starts with the films and everything else has to work around that, they could just ditch all the Inhuman stuff and start from scratch. And honestly, I wouldn't necessarily be against that. I suppose Agents of SHIELD did okay with a small colony (and I do enjoy Quake, no matter how Mary Sue-ish she can be. No regrets!), but the Inhumans show looked gods awful (I got through five minutes of the pilot and bailed out). I'd be fine with the MCU revamping all of that.

As for Kamala....I'm torn. I like the Inhumans as a small, isolated group of people, that whole "Game of Thrones meets the Universal Studios Monsters" kinda thing. I don't really care for the Inhumans as a worldwide phenomenon and think it removes a lot of what made them interesting and unique. But I love Kamala and don't want to see strange, unnecessary changes to her story either.

~ Black Panther.

Apparently Ironheart might be joining her and rumor is RdJ is singing on for more Tony Stark(I assume in a Jarvis type role)

Its not hard to make her an Inhuman guys. A creepy fog just rolls in, she gets cocooned, comes out with superpowers and the 'A plot' for the season is trying to figure out where the cloud came from