Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ms Marvel show on Disney Plus?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...r_breakingnews

She needed a movie. She could carry one and give marvel another female hero on the big screen. Shame.

I think Ms. Marvel works better as a series. Her adventures are fairly smaller scale and serialized, which I feel will benefit her (and her supporting cast) more then a movie would.

But she will probably appear in the movies since it will likely be set in the MCU.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think it’s inevitable she will have her own show but also be a Young Avengers member alongside Cassie. They also definitely need a Brie Larson cameo.

My biggest concern given this is Marvel Studios and not Marvel TV is that they will remove her Inhuman origins, and the likely effect of that effecting her comic incarnation. Kamala gives Marvel a real opportunity to have a solid second chance with the Inhumans and maybe even eventually do a proper Inhumans movie right this time.

Yea the Disney+ Shows are marvel studios. There are no hurdles to jump over. All the Disney+ character will appear on the big screen I'm willing to bet...

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea the Disney+ Shows are marvel studios. There are no hurdles to jump over. All the Disney+ character will appear on the big screen I'm willing to bet...
    They're part of Phase 4 so we might start to see the real crossover with Phase 5.

Mighty Member

Supposedly the panel confirmed the character WILL show up in films after debuting in her series.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Supposedly the panel confirmed the character WILL show up in films after debuting in her series.
    That's what I heard.

I'd rather have a show, honestly. There's a lot more time to develop and explore her character and relationships, and that's where she truly shines. I'm thrilled she'll be showing up in the movies, she totally should (are they building the foundation for a Young Avengers/Champions team? I think they are!). But if her "home" is the show, I think it'd be for the best.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Very pleased to see both this and Moon Knight, but I am becoming less excited by WandaVision.

But without a European option I don’t see how Disney hope to complete in the global streaming market.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-24-2019 at 02:26 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

I'm excited, curious and worried at the same time.

What a time to be alive!

Very confused on how this will work since Kamala's whole thing is being inspired to be a hero by Ms Marvel. Carol was never Ms Marvel in the MCU and to the public at large is utterly unknown as Captain Marvel.

Its like Miles becoming Spiderman without having ever heard of Peter Parker's Spiderman.

Seems to me it would have been better to introduce Kamala at some point in Captain Marvel 2 and set it up there.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Very confused on how this will work since Kamala's whole thing is being inspired to be a hero by Ms Marvel. Carol was never Ms Marvel in the MCU and to the public at large is utterly unknown as Captain Marvel.

Its like Miles becoming Spiderman without having ever heard of Peter Parker's Spiderman.

Seems to me it would have been better to introduce Kamala at some point in Captain Marvel 2 and set it up there.
    I dont think Carol's movies are gonna be set on earth. Looks like Spidey set up Sword and I'm guessing she helps Fury with that.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 09-08-2019 at 05:26 PM.

I figure the "Ms. Marvel" moniker would just come from Kamala trying to find a name for herself. There's probably a small scene where she runs through possible options like "cadet marvel" or "lieutenant marvel" or even "marvel girl" before deciding on Ms. Marvel.

Carol being spacebound is a bigger issue but still workable. She returns to earth after the snap so you could just give her a few earthbound missions offscreen to have Kamala reference.

Carol did work with the Avengers for 5 years during the Endgame time jump so who knows how much she could had been on Earth. So she still could had been a Captain Marvel fan who takes the Marvel name.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Good. Would like to see her in a movie (esp. given that Marvel lost Spider-Man and we could use someone who can be the non-jaded resident young rookie who's life isn't consumed by the costume).

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Guess we'll find out when the show hits. Hopefully, the cast and stories are solid if they need to overcome technical limitations.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)