Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Thing vs Colossus

Thing vs Colossus

They are sooo close together honestly. Thing probably has the better top end feats of pure physicality. However, Colossus has the whole danger room training thing going for him. He generally comes off as a bit more nimble and talented where Thing is more scrappy.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

You could flip a coin, sure.

Mmm, yeah. Too close to call.

Similar too, inasmuch as Hulk vs Thing = Juggernaut vs Colossus.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

[QUOTE=Cronus;4529544
    Juggernaut vs Colossus.[/QUOTE]

I remember an issue of Xmen. Wolverine and Colossus were at a bar. It happened right after Secret Wars. Forget the issue number. Juggernaut was at the bar and he got into a fight with Colossus. Jugs won that fight pretty easy if I remember right.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I remember an issue of Xmen. Wolverine and Colossus were at a bar. It happened right after Secret Wars. Forget the issue number. Juggernaut was at the bar and he got into a fight with Colossus. Jugs won that fight pretty easy if I remember right.
    That’s his point. Hulk always beats Thing comfortably, and Juggernaut treats Colossus the same way.

This just in: Thing has knocked the Immortal Hulk completely unconscious. Through the anime power up of love / fighting for his friends!

He did it in less than a minute.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    This just in: Thing has knocked the Immortal Hulk completely unconscious. Through the anime power up of love / fighting for his friends!

He did it in less than a minute.
    *sigh*

I mean... just....

*sigh*

... no.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    *sigh*

I mean... just....

*sigh*

... no.
    It was pretty cheesy. Fun to read, but cheesy.

To be fair, he legit seemed to dig deeper than ever before. His final punch that KO'd Hulk was thrown with such vigor that he literally destroyed his own arm. Like, all of his "stone" shattered and exploded off of it with only a fleshy paste remaining.

Up until that final hit, Hulk was thrashing the guy. Taking chunks out of his face with each strike. Thing's internal dialogue was "People are always asking who's stronger between us... let me tell ya... ITS THE HULK".

I still feel it comfortably falls into SMvFL, but it was nice to see the writers at least TRY to demonstrate "He's hitting Hulk REEEAAAALLY REALLY hard this time".
    - big_adventure

Amazing Member

I think the Thing can come out on top. I've seen him take tons and tons of damage and just keep coming. Don't get me wrong, I know Colossus can take a licking too, but nobody can do it quite like the Thing. I think that puts him over the edge. Uh, unless we've been talking about the Thing from John Carpenter...then, er...I think Colossus takes it, but I don't know if that Thing can infect him. Uh...on the other hand if it's Adam's Family Thing, I believe Colossus kicks the stuffing out of "him."

I have seen some people claim that Colossus is no match for The Thing unless Colossus is evenly matched with Juggernaut.
    Do with that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I seem to remember the same. Usually pretty cool fights.
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I have seen some people claim that Colossus is no match for The Thing unless Colossus is evenly matched with Juggernaut.
    Do with that what you will.
    I would say in what world is Colossus actually a match for Cain? Maybe in Deadpool 2? Not on Rumbles for sure.
    ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    I would say in what world is Colossus actually a match for Cain? Maybe in Deadpool 2? Not on Rumbles for sure.
    To be fair, he only managed a ten-count after giving Cain the equivalent of a live-wire enema.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    To be fair, he only managed a ten-count after giving Cain the equivalent of a live-wire enema.
    He actually broke Cain's finger. Like snapped at 90 degrees by grabbing and twisting it, so it's not like he was totally invulnerable to Colossus.
    - big_adventure