Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    They don’t play softball on Krakoa because that’s a lowly human pastime; I feel very sure that Doug also designed a game (probably super nerdy and overly complicated) and had that uploaded into everyone’s brain as well
    Quidditch!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

This mutant nation better have some kind of defense and offense against Sentinel attacks. I don't want another Genosha.

Well, the whole island is alive so I think it will have ways to defend itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    You want an appetizer of a great mutant nation story, take the time to read Ultimate X-Men by Brian Wood. Xorn even shows up and is a bad ass there too.
    It's was pretty great seeing what just those first 10 mutants were able to accomplish and build

Krakoa better be at least that creative when they finally show us everything they've built

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    It's was pretty great seeing what just those first 10 mutants were able to accomplish and build

Krakoa better be at least that creative when they finally show us everything they've built
    I think Krakoa will actually surpass that story in terms of creativity and ingenuity. It won't be easy, but Hickman is off to an amazing start.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Quidditch!
    Well if there is one sport more pointless and globally obscure than Baseball, that’s the one.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean the mansion was good for the time it was in but the X-Men have evolved beyond it especially in recent years that I feel like a Mutant Nation was always the most logical step the only thing holding it back was Marvel editorial being too steeped in nostalgia and old status quos.

Still I'm pretty sure we're going to see some form of the "School setting" on Krakoa tho we have those groups of young mutants Jean was herding in HoX#1.
    Yeah, I'm loving the mutant union and mutants finally having ONE place to call home.
    Krakoa is such an interesting and cool concept btw, the portals and everything.

An interesting thing about Krakoa is that unlike Utopia and Genosha it is not a dead end. In case of an attack that the mutants could not repel, they can evacuate their entire population through the portals and simply grow another Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    An interesting thing about Krakoa is that unlike Utopia and Genosha it is not a dead end. In case of an attack that the mutants could not repel, they can evacuate their entire population through the portals and simply grow another Krakoa.
    Not to mention there's still some narrative potential for the No Place areas of Krakoa. I'm imagining we'll get more usage of that down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    And not just on earth we already know of both mars and moon portals...and i think (guess work here) that there is one to a Shiar colony too.

In fact in the real world one way a little country can defend itself is with an alliance with a bigger more powerful one...
    I would love for Xavier to be like "we have opened trade deals and mutual defense agreements with the Shiar"
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Questions Hickman Needs To Answer

-What's the internet infrastructure like, since Comcast is worse than Sentinels
    -What rides are there at Magneto Land
    -Which one is the red-light district
    -Where does Tabby sleep, maybe she keeps Moira's sarcophagus warm
    -The election process or lack thereof
    -When will they set Krakoa on fire to make more burgers
    These are all burning questions, indeed. Although I'm sure Wolverine already knows where the red-light district is.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    They don’t play softball on Krakoa because that’s a lowly human pastime; I feel very sure that Doug also designed a game (probably super nerdy and overly complicated) and had that uploaded into everyone’s brain as well
    Huh.
    That's an interesting point. The uploading of info concept. And this whole Krakao is mutant exclusive -- in terms of gate access etc. I wonder if THAT is whats happening in those pod sequences from HoX #1.
    Maybe this whole cloning and/or brainwashing with Insidious Chuck in his Microwave hat and black uni some are speculating is just way off base? Maybe its like...a Krakoa bonding ritual/procedure?

oh geez here I go reeeeeeeeeaching for answers. Again. OMG Chill out Christopher. Just CHILL OUT and WAIT AND SEE. AAAAAAAHHHHH!
    LOL

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Questions Hickman Needs To Answer

-What's the internet infrastructure like, since Comcast is worse than Sentinels
    -What rides are there at Magneto Land
    -Which one is the red-light district
    -Where does Tabby sleep, maybe she keeps Moira's sarcophagus warm
    -The election process or lack thereof
    -When will they set Krakoa on fire to make more burgers
    Corsair and Vulcan hooked them up with Shi'Ar Net. They on that 550G stuff.
    ONly Mega Man rides
    Stacy X's room
    :V
    Marvel vs. Capcom 3 tourney
    "Cable was right!"

Amazing Member

I'm curious as to the meanings of the places labelled in the map. The Cradle? The Wild Hunt? Carousel? They seem so random! But I hope they all get featured in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I think Krakoa will actually surpass that story in terms of creativity and ingenuity. It won't be easy, but Hickman is off to an amazing start.
    I hope so, and you're right he's already established a lot of worldbuilding and infrastructure

But a lot of it seems to be coming from Krakoa itself. The Krakoa seeds, the Gateways, the Habitats, the drugs. It's all coming from the living island, and not something the mutants are building themselves.

The Ulitmate comics X-Men had to work together to make their Utopia a viable Nation. The U.S. government gave them a large parcel of desert and expected them to just die out.
    But the mutants worked together and combined their powers to change their circumstances and really thrive

Blackheath and Zero created the sentient seeds, an intelligent plant that could grow in even the most arid environment. They worked with Storm to improve their soil quality.

Magma raised the land to create mountains and valleys, giving them a more naturally defensible position. The raised elevation changed the air pressure enough that Storm was able to permanently alter the weather of the area.

Shola Inkose and Mach 2 created a mutant powered railgun that was able to launch a massive assault on New Tian from half a world away.