Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Spidey and his Amazing Friends Pre-School Cartoon coming to Disney Junior

A Spider-Man preschool series, "Spidey and his Amazing Friends," will air on Disney Junior in 2021.

The series, from Marvel Animation and Family Entertainment, will be Marvel’s first feature-length series on Disney Junior. It will follow Peter Parker and his friends Miles Morales, Gwen (Ghost-Spider), Hulk, Black Panther and Ms. Marvel, as they work together to defeat evil forces. It will be geared towards preschoolers and their families.

“Preschool kids already love Spidey, so they’ll be delighted to have Peter Parker thwipping across their screens in this new series” Cort Lane, the senior vice president of Marvel Animation & Family Entertainment, said. “Everyone at Marvel is thrilled to launch our first preschool series on Disney Junior, the gold standard platform for the audience. We believe parents and kids will be excited about these stories filled with themes of friendship, cooperation, solving problems and using your abilities to help others.”

Joe D’Ambrosia, senior VP of original programming and general manager of Disney Junior, added, “We’re thrilled to be working with Marvel on this new series showcasing the exciting adventures of Spidey and his friends as they model the importance of teamwork and helping others in their community. This is the perfect series to introduce preschoolers to the super hero powers of friendship and working together to help others in need.”

The series will be executive produced by Alan Fine, Joe Quesada, Dan Buckley, Cort Lane, and Eric Radomski, with Marsha Friffin attached as a co-executive producer. Supervising producer is Harrison Wilcox. Alfred Gimeno is as supervising animation producer, and Ashley Mendoza is story editor.

BANNED

Sigh...we won't be getting decent Spider-Man cartoons for at least a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Sigh...we won't be getting decent Spider-Man cartoons for at least a decade.
    The animation for this is probably going to look better then the actual Spider-Man cartoon .

Thumbs up

For joy another juvenile Spidey show, in this case very juvenile. And here I was hoping for a live-action offering in the vein of Arrow or Daredevil.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The animation for this is probably going to look better then the actual Spider-Man cartoon .
    Well, that's a given.

I have to wonder if it's impossible now for them to do something with Peter and not throw Miles and Gwen into it. I guess there's the MCU movies, but who knows what they'll do there at this point.

Poor Iceman and Firestar though...

I have to wonder if it's impossible now for them to do something with Peter and not throw Miles and Gwen into it. I guess there's the MCU movies, but who knows what they'll do there at this point.

I wonder the same thing. I fear we might never again get a Spidey show that features Spidey as a solo web-slinger. *sigh*

Extraordinary Member

To be fair, there was really no hope for them even without all the other stuff.

Amused at the semi-revival of the old name, and will just be perfectly content to let the kiddies enjoy this show and completely remember that I'm not the target audience and I shouldn't even be upset about this in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    To be fair, there was really no hope for them even without all the other stuff.
    I mean, the Fox Embargo should be gone by now, one would think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Amused at the semi-revival of the old name, and will just be perfectly content to let the kiddies enjoy this show and completely remember that I'm not the target audience and I shouldn't even be upset about this in the first place.
    It looks cute. And was probably the only major announcement at D23 for Marvel Animation .

BANNED

No Firestar and Iceman...way to deceive your audience here for the nostalgia bucks.

Currently the comics Marvel Action: Spider-man features a Peter, Miles, and Gwen all about the same age and a a superhero team. The Marvel Action lineup of issues are made for a 'younger readers' crowd however can be enjoyed by adults and personally the art looks great in those issues and the characters likable. When first reading about this I had hoped those comics and higher quality art style would be transferred over however reading furthermore that it's intent is for preschool and the design/art style I see I can tell this series isn't made for me and overall older crowds.

But that's fine. We can't have everything and if the show is enjoyable for preschoolers while possible teaching and just fun for preschoolers than it successfully fulfills its role. I recall Muppet Babies and other shows made for preschoolers in mind with fondness of the past and maybe this can be for the present preschool viewers. I do wish a preschool version AND also a different version for older crowds with complatied and more intense yet well written storylines with versions of these three (I love Gwen, Miles and Peter and seeing how Peter has had multiple series I'm more for Gwen and Miles to have their time for their own tv series moreso then Peter right now).

Are preschoolers going to care about Firestar and Iceman? As a general fan and knowledge of the past I hope they might show up but for preschoolers this is extremely likely their introduction in some form to a Peter, Miles, and Gwen outside of merchandise they might see in stores and thus I just care that preschoolers will enjoy and want to continue discovering others versions of these three and others when they get older. Miles and Gwen (superhero version) are part of a new generation that was made in this decade and preschoolers are a new generation that has just begun as well. This was made for them not us though for curiosity sake we might check in to see how they are being used and educating and entertaining preschoolers. Disney Junior shows have protagonists usually small and childlike so preschoolers can associate with the characters better so the art style will probably have all the characters look like kids in some way or 'chibi' like.

The new show would be helped by not looking so bland and cheap visually. Occasionally it animates well but mostly that's not the case. I was wondering when we'd see another CGI animated Spidey show and then here we go, I saw another still for this and it does look really nice. I'm sure it will be great for it's intended audience, but doesn't look like something any established fans are particularly looking for. Then again, I'd be happy to be surprised and see there's some genuine love and stuff to please parents, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    No Firestar and Iceman...way to deceive your audience here for the nostalgia bucks.
    It's a show for preschoolers, dude. People who remember the old show are 100% not the target audience.

I thought they'd bring back the old cartoon show that way too mature to be for pre-schoolers, but I watched it then anyway.

Will this be the first of two cartoons for next decade, or will we see a third?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage