Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    Well he's the only character who actually matters in this franchise...
    And yet they did a whole movie focused on how that's not the case.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Eh, do people still get worked up over how bad Spiderman cartoons have been. I gave up getting worked up years ago and just take comfort that there is always Spiderverse to watch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    And that still used about 5 different versions of him.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    It's more complicated than that, even in the context of the movie, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Eh, do people still get worked up over how bad Spiderman cartoons have been. I gave up getting worked up years ago and just take comfort that there is always Spiderverse to watch.
    Sony always delivering where Marvel won't .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, the 90's show and Spec were kids cartoons but they could get pretty serious.
    This may be sacrilege to some, but while I did enjoy the '90s cartoon, I really don't see why some put it on this giant pedestal. A lot of the dialogue was pretty cringe worthy and overly dramatic and a lot of the civilian designs looked like they were pulled out of a Sears catalog from 1982 (which isn't a good thing, imho). I mean, sure it followed certain comic storylines very closely, but I'll be honest, I've never really understood that kind of devotion since I could just read the actual comics for that.

As far as solo Spider-Man cartoons, personally, I've always preferred the '60s Spider-Man one and Spectacular, myself. The '60s one was just so hokey and stylish how could someone not love it (I mean, Ralph Bakshi was one of the animators behind it, after all) and I actually found Spectacular to be everything I wanted out of the '90s toon.

And if I haven't offended everyone enough, I surprisingly enjoyed the last Spidey cartoon with him at Horizon High a lot. I was surprised, too, tbh.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Is a trailer released or a release date announced for this show?

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    a lot of the civilian designs looked like they were pulled out of a Sears catalog from 1982 (which isn't a good thing, imho).
    I don't agree with you on disliking that aspect.

As far as solo Spider-Man cartoons, personally, I've always preferred the '60s Spider-Man one and Spectacular, myself. The '60s one was just so hokey and stylish how could someone not love it (I mean, Ralph Bakshi was one of the animators behind it, after all) and I actually found Spectacular to be everything I wanted out of the '90s toon.

And if I haven't offended everyone enough, I surprisingly enjoyed the last Spidey cartoon with him at Horizon High a lot. I was surprised, too, tbh.
    I love season 1 of the 67 cartoon, but not fond of what Ralph Bakshi did.

The 2017 cartoon has some nice ideas, but it was one of the most frustrating shows to watch licensing the character.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I love season 1 of the 67 cartoon, but not fond of what Ralph Bakshi did.
    IDK, man that origin episode he did as the first one second season is still one of my favorite Spider-Man things ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    The 2017 cartoon has some nice ideas, but it was one of the most frustrating shows to watch licensing the character.
    What do you mean, exactly? Not trying to be argumentative, just unclear about what you mean.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Full intro sequence for the show.

Looks like we're getting a female Doc Ock here.
    This may be sacrilege to some, but while I did enjoy the '90s cartoon, I really don't see why some put it on this giant pedestal. A lot of the dialogue was pretty cringe worthy and overly dramatic and a lot of the civilian designs looked like they were pulled out of a Sears catalog from 1982 (which isn't a good thing, imho). I mean, sure it followed certain comic storylines very closely, but I'll be honest, I've never really understood that kind of devotion since I could just read the actual comics for that.
    I guess I'm kind of biased because it was my first experience with Spider-Man as a kid and with Superhero cartoons in general and it just really stood out to me the kind of approach to storytelling, characters, and story arcs. It was kind of rough and a product of its time in some respects but it's portrayal of the characters still stays with me to this day.
    I feel like that show had a lot of potential that it wasn't quite able to live up to for various reasons.

Spectacular Member

Full intro sequence for the show.

Looks like we're getting a female Doc Ock here.
    While this show always felt like it was made in response to the Into the Spider-Verse, the female Doc Ock makes me feel that the show will be taking more from the movie than I initially thought. The only reason why I bring this up, and why I think this is interesting, is because this show is made by Disney and not Sony. It's kind of funny that Sony is ultimately helping Marvel/Disney in coming up with new products and ideas that end up being adopted by the mainstream.

Since Marvel loves synergy, I'm actually hoping the female Doc Ock in this show is used as a future course correction in the comics. I think turning Otto back into his Doctor Octopus body/identity was a mistake, and I think he should have stayed as the Superior Spider-Man in the comics. I know others think differently, but I think it made no sense to regress Otto's character development and completely erase his memories of his time as Spider-Man. With a female Doc Ock in this show and in the animated movie, this allows mainstream audiences to get used to the idea of a female version of Doctor Octopus, which gives comic writers more leeway to make him stay as Spider-Man (or a Spider-Person). Then just have Carolyn Trainer be Doctor Octopus, rather than just Lady Octopus.

Will it happen? Probably not, especially since Alfred Molina returning to the role with the upcoming Spider-Man movie. Not only that, classic Otto is just too important for writers to just throw away completely. I'm just suggesting personally that is what I think Marvel should do, and things like this upcoming TV show is what makes it more feasible in the long run.

Happy Hulk? I love Superhero Squad show, but this might be even less basic Hulk like than even that show was.
    What do you mean, exactly? Not trying to be argumentative, just unclear about what you mean.
    The origin started with an annoying Peter who interrupts to talk too much, lots of slow motion, "science is the new currency" line sounds bad (I get what they aimed for, but it sounds cringe inducing), pigeon attack makes Spider-Man clumsy, other spider characters are dull and uninteresting, cringey robot dance, Spider-Man can be obnoxious, he actively left the Lizard to walk out the lab while standing to stare at Norman, evil Curt Connors, plot ideas that are dropped so soon and then are replaced with other plot seeds that came out of nowhere, Sandman just being ignored after one episode and his daughter turning from angry and emo to evil mastermind......

But I liked that they wanted to focus more on Peter's life, a school for geniuses, Peter working to afford staying a student, exhausted Peter talking to a villain on ways to improve their tech while fighting them and questioning why he does that....

The frustration outweighs what interests and makes it often seem obsolete.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    While this show always felt like it was made in response to the Into the Spider-Verse, the female Doc Ock makes me feel that the show will be taking more from the movie than I initially thought. The only reason why I bring this up, and why I think this is interesting, is because this show is made by Disney and not Sony. It's kind of funny that Sony is ultimately helping Marvel/Disney in coming up with new products and ideas that end up being adopted by the mainstream.

Since Marvel loves synergy, I'm actually hoping the female Doc Ock in this show is used as a future course correction in the comics. I think turning Otto back into his Doctor Octopus body/identity was a mistake, and I think he should have stayed as the Superior Spider-Man in the comics. I know others think differently, but I think it made no sense to regress Otto's character development and completely erase his memories of his time as Spider-Man. With a female Doc Ock in this show and in the animated movie, this allows mainstream audiences to get used to the idea of a female version of Doctor Octopus, which gives comic writers more leeway to make him stay as Spider-Man (or a Spider-Person). Then just have Carolyn Trainer be Doctor Octopus, rather than just Lady Octopus.

Will it happen? Probably not, especially since Alfred Molina returning to the role with the upcoming Spider-Man movie. Not only that, classic Otto is just too important for writers to just throw away completely. I'm just suggesting personally that is what I think Marvel should do, and things like this upcoming TV show is what makes it more feasible in the long run.
    Female Ock feels more like a Miles thing. I think Peter should just have normal Otto.

Spectacular Member

Female Ock feels more like a Miles thing. I think Peter should just have normal Otto.
    Fair enough.

this show shouldn't be that controversial I hope intro decent enough. Kids will watch it Im pretty sure
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

It looks fun, I woulda enjoyed having it out there if I was that age. Remember all the Spider-Man and Friends toys? I remember wondering why they never tried making a cartoon of that... come to think of it probably because Sony owned the rights completely at that time.

It does kind of amaze me that a Disney JR. CGI cartoon looks better animated and more colorful than the actual last Spider-Man cartoon.