Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Marvel Animation is directly under the purview of Stephen Wacker and Joe Quesada. Quesada even makes cameo appearances in the Marvel Spider-Man cartoon. The first time any EIC other than Lee got to do that. Which I thought was supremely presumptuous in and of itself. And any way these two have proven they can't make good cartoons.
    Ah, that explains it, the One More Day crew. In that case I wouldn’t be surprised if the next iteration features Lil Spidey The Infant Baby.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Ah, that explains it, the One More Day crew. In that case I wouldn’t be surprised if the next iteration features Lil Spidey The Infant Baby.
    Or Spider-Fetus...

Or Spider-Fetus...
    They may save that for the iteration after Spider-Baby. They have to find some way to keep outdoing themselves.

Marvel's Animation is still done by Marvel Entertainment, aka the people who handle television like the Netflix stuff, Inhumans. It's not officially under Disney. It's a vertical that Disney is entrusting that Marvel can handle on its own for the time being.

Something like What If, which has much higher values and is directly under Feige is a good example of what a project looks like outside of Marvel Entertainment's hands. I mean take a look at Peggy Carter as Captain Britain.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ECsOGfGU...g&name=900x900

Marvel Animation is directly under the purview of Stephen Wacker and Joe Quesada. Quesada even makes cameo appearances in the Marvel Spider-Man cartoon. The first time any EIC other than Lee got to do that. Which I thought was supremely presumptuous in and of itself. And any way these two have proven they can't make good cartoons.
    I think the problem is they're still under Jeph Loeb's purview. He was a big reason the quality of the cartoons started regressing as much as they did.

I'm not sure if Wacker is directly involved with the cartoons anymore. He used to have Loeb's job but now Cort Lane is (supposedly) running things.

I've seen that there are some more Disney Animation people are involved with this show, which tells me more care and effort will be put into it compared to the normal Marvel cartoons.

very good, I hope that the show lasts several season.
    The producers should collaborate with child psychologists and educators. The stories need to be age appropriate and have narratives that stress cooperation and positive social outlooks.

No, I am not the audience for this show. But as long as they do not involve characters that I consider toxic for younger kids (please, no "kiddie" version of Venom or Carnage: and yes, I'm aware there's already the Lego cartoon version), then fine. Just make it high quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    No, I am not the audience for this show. But as long as they do not involve characters that I consider toxic for younger kids (please, no "kiddie" version of Venom or Carnage: and yes, I'm aware there's already the Lego cartoon version), then fine. Just make it high quality.
    Venom popped up in Marvel Super Hero Adventures. I think he's fair game for this.

Astonishing Member

Good lord, you guys. This show isn't taking the place of a "proper" Spider-Man cartoon. It's aimed at a completely different demographic with a different set of accompanying merchandise. Disney aren't going to suddenly stop making Spider-Man products aimed at the older kid audience. This is the same thing as Marvel Super Hero Squad and Marvel Super Hero Adventures.

Whining that a show made for pre-schoolers doesn't suit your personal entertainment tastes is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Good lord, you guys. This show isn't taking the place of a "proper" Spider-Man cartoon. It's aimed at a completely different demographic with a different set of accompanying merchandise. Disney aren't going to suddenly stop making Spider-Man products aimed at the older kid audience. This is the same thing as Marvel Super Hero Squad and Marvel Super Hero Adventures.

Whining that a show made for pre-schoolers doesn't suit your personal entertainment tastes is ridiculous.
    I was never saying this was taking the place of a "proper" Spider-Man cartoon. Just that the quality will probably be better then whatever "proper" Spider-Man cartoon Marvel Animation delivers.

Although we don't know what they're going to do once Marvel's Spider-Man ends. If they'll do anything at all. Doesn't seem like Marvel Animation has much going on at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post

Yeah, wasn't Squad on at the same time as Avengers EMH? Just because we have SAHAF, it doesn't mean we won't also get another cartoon announced next year. SAHAF is for Disney Junior... there's still a gap in Disney XD's schedule to be filled.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, wasn't Squad on at the same time as Avengers EMH? Just because we have SAHAF, it doesn't mean we won't also get another cartoon announced next year. SAHAF is for Disney Junior... there's still a gap in Disney XD's schedule to be filled.
    We're a long ways away from the EMH era.

Disney XD is kind of running out of Marvel cartoons. Marvel's Spider-Man doesn't have much left in it.

Very disappointed. The modern Amazing Friends should be the Punisher and Bullseye.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Or Spider-Fetus...
    Don't give them any ideas.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Dammit! This thread made me chuckle.

Sounds good, glad to see something get made for the little tykes. I get the frustration about there not being a really good Spidey cartoon since Spectacular ended way too long ago, but I don't think a thread for a good pre-k cartoon is the best place to complain about bad/no older-demographic-aged cartoons.

And if the pre-k cartoon is really good, maybe it'll shame some people into putting effort into more fan focused animation.

Astonishing Member

Did I ever mention how much I hate “In Name Only” adaptations?

What was really stopping them from calling the team “Web Warriors” or something?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    very good, I hope that the show lasts several season.
    The producers should collaborate with child psychologists and educators. The stories need to be age appropriate and have narratives that stress cooperation and positive social outlooks.

I remember well the now-long-old toy line "Spider-Man & Friends" with over friendly versions of Spider-Man, Spider-Girl, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Thing, Wolverine, Cyclops, Beast, Doctor Octopus, Rhino, and Lizard.
    Last edited by ngroove; 08-25-2019 at 03:43 AM.