Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We're a long ways away from the EMH era.

Disney XD is kind of running out of Marvel cartoons. Marvel's Spider-Man doesn't have much left in it.
    My point was that there was a preschool Avengers series (it wasn't called that of course, but that's basically what Super Hero Squad is) and one aimed at older kids on at the same time. If they did it then, why not now?

And yeah, XD are running out of Marvel cartoons. Avengers Assemble already finished and Spider-Man will end soon (Maximum Venom is just six specials, not a full 26 episode series). I think the GOTG cartoon is ending as well. Moon Girl will be on Disney Channel instead, meaning we don't yet have any replacements for the Disney XD Marvel cartoons. There was art that used X-Men's name along with the other three but nothing's been announced. The Future Avengers anime team are getting a comic story as backups in the Future Fight Firsts one-shots (which really should be called Agents of Atlas Origins, as White Fox didn't debut in Future Fight) yet the anime hasn't actually been released in the US, so I'm surprised we haven't heard news about that this weekend (at D23) too - it'd be a ready made replacement for Assemble. As things stand, all XD have left long term is Marvel Rising, and that's just specials, not a proper series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    My point was that there was a preschool Avengers series (it wasn't called that of course, but that's basically what Super Hero Squad is) and one aimed at older kids on at the same time. If they did it then, why not now?
    Super Hero Squad was aimed for children; but not even that was pre-school aged children.

I'd say somewhere between "PJ Masks" and "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes".

But really, when one says a crime-fighting "Pre-School" show - most likely, think "PJ Masks" and "Paw Patrol".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Did I ever mention how much I hate “In Name Only” adaptations?

What was really stopping them from calling the team “Web Warriors” or something?
    It’s aimed at 3 year olds. It’s going to teach the values of friendship, not the virtues of being a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    It’s aimed at 3 year olds. It’s going to teach the values of friendship, not the virtues of being a warrior.
    And it's not a team show, just a team-up show.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Good point. I'd also imagine with Lord & Miller having new projects, there's promising animated material coming our way.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Good point. I'd also imagine with Lord & Miller having new projects, there's promising animated material coming our way.
    I'm not sure how the animated rights are with Sony. I think the only way Sony can do animated Spidey content is that it goes above an hour.

I'm not sure how the animated rights are with Sony. I think the only way Sony can do animated Spidey content is that it goes above an hour.
    Technically just an hour I think, including time for commercials. I think officially it's 44 minutes and over. So give or take about as long as every live action superhero show on television. I personally would love an animated Spider-Man show with that run-time, don't know why they aren't attempting it already. I'd have approved that series as a continuation of Spectacular the moment half an hour animated rights went to Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Technically just an hour I think, including time for commercials. I think officially it's 44 minutes and over. So give or take about as long as every live action superhero show on television. I personally would love an animated Spider-Man show with that run-time, don't know why they aren't attempting it already. I'd have approved that series as a continuation of Spectacular the moment half an hour animated rights went to Disney.
    Marvel's Spider-Man's third season is going to be six 1-hour specials, but I think part of the impetus for doing that is to condense the season down.

Yeah, that's 12 half hours instead of 26. And I think they'll be aired as two-parters in foreign markets.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Marvel's Spider-Man's third season is going to be six 1-hour specials, but I think part of the impetus for doing that is to condense the season down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, that's 12 half hours instead of 26. And I think they'll be aired as two-parters in foreign markets.
    So basically a round about way of doing hour long specials on Disney without technically breaking the rights arrangement - make an hour long special, split it into two separate parts.

Well...Rhino's not a mutant Rhino this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Well...Rhino's not a mutant Rhino this time.
    And classic Green Goblin. Why do they save the classic versions of these villains for the pre-school show lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    And classic Green Goblin. Why do they save the classic versions of these villains for the pre-school show lol?
    For recognizability for the kids.

So they changed their mind about Miles having a new codename? Didn't a solicit for these books previously refer to him as Spin? But that preview says his codename is Miles, essentially meaning he isn't bothering with a codename.