Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

It's not like it's the first time spidey was in a preschool show. Let's not forget electric company spidey and spideys super stories. I'm fine with a preschool spidey show to go along with a real one. Kind of feels like dc comics preschool superfriends reboot and tiny titans.

If they are going to do teams ups how about a real Spider-Man team up show based on the classic comic? It would be a great way to bring in lesser know heroes as a animation try out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It's not like it's the first time spidey was in a preschool show. Let's not forget electric company spidey and spideys super stories. I'm fine with a preschool spidey show to go along with a real one. Kind of feels like dc comics preschool superfriends reboot and tiny titans.

If they are going to do teams ups how about a real Spider-Man team up show based on the classic comic? It would be a great way to bring in lesser know heroes as a animation try out.
    DC/WB tend to allow multiple versions of their characters at the same time, but Marvel Animation is reluctant to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I have to wonder if it's impossible now for them to do something with Peter and not throw Miles and Gwen into it. I guess there's the MCU movies, but who knows what they'll do there at this point.
    More characters = More toys to sell.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Sigh...we won't be getting decent Spider-Man cartoons for at least a decade.
    Look, teens and adults aren't the only audience for this stuff. I have some younger relatives who would've loved this had it come out several years ago. It's not for me, certainly, but I'm glad to see Spidey being expanded into other demographics then the main one. Hope the show does well as a young kids cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Amused at the semi-revival of the old name, and will just be perfectly content to let the kiddies enjoy this show and completely remember that I'm not the target audience and I shouldn't even be upset about this in the first place.
    Exactly.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

How is a pre k show causing this much controversy here?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Marvel Animation won't put out cartoons for Spider-Man for different age groups the way DC/WB do. A pre-school Spider-Man means less chance of seeing a proper adaptation of Spider-Man.

More than that it's just another attempt to ensure teenage Spider-Man is the only one. Which is obvious when you consider who's behind Marvel Animation and the pretty bad USM and MSM cartoons -- Quesada and Stephen Wacker. They haven't produced one decent cartoon yet, and yet they are given latitude to continue infecting their terrible ideas about Spider-Man to kids.

Dc/WB in terms of animation do the movies which is pretty much the only adult level thing they do. Marvel don't do animation movies anymore to my knowledge like dc does. Don't they have a cartoon right now on Disney xd which is targeted for pre teens. Also the comics have adult spiderman since forever I guess tv just want young spiderman forever too
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fan entitlement.

This is no surprise to me. It's Disney and they want to sell toys so they are going to focus on that demographic. Why would they waste their time on cartoons for teens or older who are less likey to buy action figures?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Fan entitlement.
    Since 2009, every animation under Disney has been 1) Bad, 2) unfaithful to the comics, 3) Targeting a progressively younger crowd.

It's fan entitlement when your version of things is the constant and you are against any diversion. It's less so, when your version is the rare object and you see bad trends heedlessly continuing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    This is no surprise to me. It's Disney and they want to sell toys so they are going to focus on that demographic. Why would they waste their time on cartoons for teens or older who are less likey to buy action figures?
    I think this is Marvel Animation more than Disney. Disney on their own fund and develop a lot of pretty good cartoons for all-ages, stuff that kids and grown-ups like -- stuff like Gravity Falls, or the 2017 Ducktales show.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I think this is Marvel Animation more than Disney. Disney on their own fund and develop a lot of pretty good cartoons for all-ages, stuff that kids and grown-ups like -- stuff like Gravity Falls, or the 2017 Ducktales show.
    Marvel Animation is a subsidiary of Disney. They are going to focus on producing shows that will sell toys and merchandise for Disney. No doubt they will be all ages stuff... but I wouldn't expect another 90s animated series or Spectacular Spider-man from Marvel Animation.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    For joy another juvenile Spidey show, in this case very juvenile. And here I was hoping for a live-action offering in the vein of Arrow or Daredevil.
    If it were like in the lighthearted tone of Batman: The Brave and the Bold, perhaps there were be more interest, but yeah, I can see why a pre-school show might not even get to that level.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

I think Marvel's Spider-Man will probably be long over by the time this show comes out. It only has, like, half a season left and then six specials for it's third season.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Look, teens and adults aren't the only audience for this stuff. I have some younger relatives who would've loved this had it come out several years ago. It's not for me, certainly, but I'm glad to see Spidey being expanded into other demographics then the main one. Hope the show does well as a young kids cartoon.
    I'm fine with this show as is, I have nothing against a Marvel cartoon aimed at preschoolers, but part of what frustrates me is that this show might have more of an effort put into it then they gave the actual "main" Spider-Man cartoon, and that this was the only thing they really had to announce at such a bare-bones Marvel Animation panel.

Dc/WB in terms of animation do the movies which is pretty much the only adult level thing they do. Marvel don't do animation movies anymore to my knowledge like dc does. Don't they have a cartoon right now on Disney xd which is targeted for pre teens. Also the comics have adult spiderman since forever I guess tv just want young spiderman forever too
    There's also the DC Universe cartoons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Marvel Animation is a subsidiary of Disney. They are going to focus on producing shows that will sell toys and merchandise for Disney. No doubt they will be all ages stuff... but I wouldn't expect another 90s animated series or Spectacular Spider-man from Marvel Animation.
    I mean, almost every Superhero cartoon is designed to sell toys but that shouldn't curtail the level of effort put into the show. Spectacular and the 90's show had a toyline after all.

But I don't think Disney really puts much value in Marvel from an animation standpoint.

I mean, almost every Superhero cartoon is designed to sell toys but that shouldn't curtail the level of effort put into the show. Spectacular and the 90's show had a toyline after all.

But I don't think Disney really puts much value in Marvel from an animation standpoint.
    I just think it’s more the Disney philosophy on cartoons. They are very much for children and stuff with adult themes/romance and stuff isn’t going to be a focus. I do hope I’m proven wrong one day but I don’t see a good track record under their umbrella.

BANNED

Marvel's Animation is still done by Marvel Entertainment, aka the people who handle television like the Netflix stuff, Inhumans. It's not officially under Disney. It's a vertical that Disney is entrusting that Marvel can handle on its own for the time being.

Something like What If, which has much higher values and is directly under Feige is a good example of what a project looks like outside of Marvel Entertainment's hands. I mean take a look at Peggy Carter as Captain Britain.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ECsOGfGU...g&name=900x900

Marvel Animation is directly under the purview of Stephen Wacker and Joe Quesada. Quesada even makes cameo appearances in the Marvel Spider-Man cartoon. The first time any EIC other than Lee got to do that. Which I thought was supremely presumptuous in and of itself. And any way these two have proven they can't make good cartoons.