Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So they changed their mind about Miles having a new codename? Didn't a solicit for these books previously refer to him as Spin? But that preview says his codename is Miles, essentially meaning he isn't bothering with a codename.
    If anything they're just defaulting to how they usually handle it where Peter is Spidey, Gwen is Ghost Spider, and Miles is...just Miles.

Mighty Member

I think Spin is one of the better alternatives, at least. I still wish Marvel would let Miles be Spider-Man in a world without Peter more often.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I think Spin is one of the better alternatives, at least. I still wish Marvel would let Miles be Spider-Man in a world without Peter more often.
    But that would deprive us of Miles in a world where Peter exists.

I admit I'm kind of morbidly curious how long a Miles cartoon could go from adapting Bendis and Ahmed before they started lifting major stuff from Peter's stories...although I guess Ahmed's just doing his own Clone Saga, so...

Amazingly enough, this show is getting a theme song from the vocalist of Fall Out Boy:

Extraordinary Member

We are never getting serious, grown up Pete are we??

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Is current Pete serious?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

The franchise does both.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Is current Pete serious?
    Current 616 Pete is beat down loser who can never get ahead.

BANNED

Current 616 Pete is beat down loser who can never get ahead.
    I'd like to know what it does that have to do with this?
    It's a Disney Junior show, you're complaining in the wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Amazingly enough, this show is getting a theme song from the vocalist of Fall Out Boy:

That sounds far better than it had many right to be.
    I have baby cousin who watches a lot Disney Junior maybe if I get her started on this I can have another Spider-Man fan in the house
    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    But that would deprive us of Miles in a world where Peter exists.
    So we'd be losing nothing of value then
    Last edited by Metro; 06-06-2021 at 05:18 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    I'd like to know what it does that have to do with this?
    It's a Disney Junior show, you're complaining in the wrong thread
    My point is all this new stuff seems to be child oriented...I would love to see an animated series that treats Peter in a serious way. I have no problem with it starting in high school but treat it like each year of the series is a year in his life. So maybe starts as high school junior so after 2 years he graduates and goes to college. 4 more years he graduates college. and so on.

BANNED

My point is all this new stuff seems to be child oriented...I would love to see an animated series that treats Peter in a serious way. I have no problem with it starting in high school but treat it like each year of the series is a year in his life. So maybe starts as high school junior so after 2 years he graduates and goes to college. 4 more years he graduates college. and so on.
    I'm having a hard time remembering any animated Spider-Man project that wasn't child oriented.
    This is nothing new, and to be quite frank, it's a Disney Junior show, it's not like any sort of pitch for a more serious Spider-Man show was knocked for this.
    AMD honestly I don't see why everything needs to be serious, if I had it my way the next Spider-Man cartoon would be based on the Marvel Adventures comics

Astonishing Member

So we'd be losing nothing of value then
    You're right. We don't really need Peter anymore.

I don't think Marvel has much investment in serious animation for their major Superhero IP's. Well, that aren't at least connected to the MCU. Just look how they treated their last few cartoons.

I do wonder if we'll ever get an adult Peter cartoon, but they seem to be fine just making him and Miles the same ages and trying to push a Spider-Team dynamic. But I feel like that'll be less of an issue here.
    I'm having a hard time remembering any animated Spider-Man project that wasn't child oriented.
    This is nothing new, and to be quite frank, it's a Disney Junior show, it's not like any sort of pitch for a more serious Spider-Man show was knocked for this.
    AMD honestly I don't see why everything needs to be serious, if I had it my way the next Spider-Man cartoon would be based on the Marvel Adventures comics
    I mean, the 90's show and Spec were kids cartoons but they could get pretty serious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    You're right. We don't really need Peter anymore.
    Well he's the only character who actually matters in this franchise so I find that to be untrue.