Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Does it help that my personal taste comes from Marvel's source material? It's an issue for Disney because they are the people buying these IPs and rebranding them in a way that is not good for the IP or necessary.
    There is nothing about the Xmen that cant be done in PG13. Punisher was a hard R and Dinsey released it through Netflix. This is a issue for you most people will be happy as long as the MCU keep making quality movies.

Does it help that my personal taste comes from Marvel's source material? It's an issue for Disney because they are the people buying these IPs and rebranding them in a way that is not good for the IP or necessary.
    True. Look at the disaster that they created with Star Wars right now. They're already started putting the screws to the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    There is nothing about the Xmen that cant be done in PG13. .
    Would this be your stance if Disney did not own marvel? do you feel this way only because disney can never cross R? X-Men deserves R as much as PG based on the story.
    Punisher was a hard R and Dinsey released it through Netflix.
    Joker is getting a movie. Logan and deadpool got R rated movies. Disney has no excuse anymore to still be one streak.
    This is a issue for you most people will be happy as long as the MCU keep making quality movies
    Their qualities movies don't measure up to the past IPs movies they didn't use to own, many people can even notice Iron Man 1 looks different from the current MCU movies . Part of the quality decline is how indifferently manufactured MCU are and how they are not pushing their limits with the stories marvel is capable off from their source material. Before people bring it up again, RT and box office does not proof anything as Disney has already mastermind that narrative to create the illusion their movies as the best of what marvel can be, it's too superficial to be part of a discussion anymore.

The only chance MCU has to prove they deserve the X-Men IP is to keep making r rated movies if the director thinks its necessary and this is beyond Deadpool movies. Also keep the grounded brasher realistic filmmaking approach of the best xmen movies that was different from the MCU movies that all look alike.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-30-2019 at 01:58 PM.

BANNED

The idea that pushing the envelope means certain visual effects (blood and intestines), language (f-word) and sex (boobs and genitals) is perhaps the most juvenile argument that exists.

Astonishing Member

So why do you like the Fox X-Men when they butchered the source material? That seems very hypocritical of you.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    While it's doing fine as an R rated movie, POTENTIALLY a PG 13 movie will do better. Obviously the movie itself can have a wider audience. But beyond that, marketing to younger people opens up toys and merchandise. At least from a business standpoint, there's reason to consider making it PG 13.
    From a business standpoint, there's also a point to be made about not tinkering with success. There's a reason I mentioned the Expendables in there...

Incredible Member

oddly enough, I think they were having the right idea when they did a parody of princess bride for deadpool, they just didn't go far enough.

Still, he should be the rating of the movie for his cameos (because its either him or ben grimm whom needs to step up for the place as cameo artist), but give him dark movies that can be essentially deadpool blocked for maximum hillarity.

Objectively speaking, I don't think you can argue what marvel is doing isn't good for the IP's. They're making billion dollar blockbuster movies out of several IP's which weren't necessarily huge sucesses in print. I think you're equating what's good for the IP to personal taste, because I don't think you can objectively deny that many of these franchises aren't growing considerably since the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    From a business standpoint, there's also a point to be made about not tinkering with success. There's a reason I mentioned the Expendables in there...
    Course, you can also apply that same arguement to the MCU making PG 13 movies. If their current formula isn't broken (last 5 out of 6 movies made over a billion dollars), you're going to think long and hard about changing it. Because it's working pretty well thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    So why do you like the Fox X-Men when they butchered the source material? That seems very hypocritical of you.
    Fox had their share for butchering, but disney turning xmen source material to frankly disney movies would be the worst butchering of all. Disney has already butchered Spiderman, Ragnarok, Iron Man and GOTG source material, It would be hypocritical if you don't mention that as I am mentioning right now how fox butchered the AOA and dark Phoenix story or Cyclops or even bad timeline that make no sense.

Fox and Disney had their faults but Fox problems were always less worse because fox, you were dealing with one person who had a grip on the franchise, with disney, your dealing with an entire massive corporation that does not understand comics beyond the mind of a 9 year old.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-31-2019 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The idea that pushing the envelope means certain visual effects (blood and intestines), language (f-word) and sex (boobs and genitals) is perhaps the most juvenile argument that exists.
    Its a nice try if only I said this. These things you mentioned are perks for adult content. I care more about the major story content of the film. Pushing the envelope would have been rewriting Thor's entire story in Endgame, not making the character go far off the comedy rails after Ragnarok. Pushing the envelope would mean not another big massive battle in the end of the Endgame because this is what we have come to expect for Avengers films. Pushing the Envelope does not mean choosing the most obvious time travel trope in fiction. MCU does not push the envelope because they always go for the easiest options.This is how Disney makes all their movies.

Why is Spiderman still in high school again in FFH. Do I need him to swear or see him have sex? no. But I would like to see him grow up instead of the disney kid friendly Ironboy narrative. These are the 2019 disney comic movies alone. This is not a studio that would ever be good with Deadpool. They would change him to the point of unrecognizable.

Finally do I need to see blood when Spiderman fights? Yes. because Spiderman has super powers that causes such effect in battle, removing it, is dumbing him down. This is not called the best Spiderman for any reason. it earned it.

Spiderman is still not as violent as deadpool but Raimi pushed the envelope with Spiderman more than disney has ever done. Disney has no good defense to keep treating marvel as they do now they have xmen and deadpool. Once disney announces deadpool is pg 13, it would start a fire backlash that Disney would not be able to extinguish right until the release of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Deadpool 1 was R and made 700m and this was an after thought move. Fox thought X-men apocalypse would be their big movie in 2016 not Deadpool. With Disney now behind him, An R rated Deadpool movie can gross a billion dollars. it can make more than CAPTAIN MARVEL. Disney has the resources to make the money, they just don't just have the creative thinking.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-31-2019 at 03:45 AM.

Fox had their share for butchering, but disney turning xmen source material to frankly disney movies would be the worst butchering of all. Disney has already butchered Spiderman, Ragnarok, Iron Man and GOTG source material, It would be hypocritical if you don't mentioned that as I am mentioning right now how fox butchered the AOA and dark Phoenix story or Cyclops or even bad timeline that make no sense.

Fox and Disney had their faults but Fox problems were always less worse because fox, you were dealing with one person who had a grip on the franchise, with disney, your dealing with an entire massive corporation that does not understand comics beyond the mind of a 9 year old.
    Except one the reasons the MCU is the biggest thing to ever happen to Marvel comics is because it's mostly beein overseen by one person(Kevin Feige). You don't like the MCU that's fine man, you arent alone. But saying things like they dont understand comics beyond the mind of a 9year old. What about all of the fans who love these movies, they have the comprehension of a 9 year old? I mean MARVEL studios put together a interconnected universe of movies, sounds like they understand comics better then most.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Except one the reasons the MCU is the biggest thing to ever happen to Marvel comics is because it's mostly beein overseen by one person(Kevin Feige).
    MCU can butcher as many source materials as Sony, Fox and WB but not face the same consequences as the others. somebody said in the spiderman forum, perhaps the reason why is because the modern comic book standard is poor to that of the past and I agree.

Marvel should not have been successful butchering spiderman, Ragnarok, iron man and gotg. it does raise a lot of questions, but we have some kind of answer now and we see this with how no one take ''reviews'' seriously anymore, not just for MCU.

You don't like the MCU that's fine man, you arent alone. But saying things like they dont understand comics beyond the mind of a 9year old.
    I think it is disrespectful to many people like me who have read comic movies for decades and are tired of how disney is watering marvel down in films to keep up stereotypical narrative that comic movies are for kids. We want that narrative to stop now they have X-Men that has proven both with pg 13 and R rated movies that comic movies are not just a fun disney movie thing.

I mean MARVEL studios put together a interconnected universe of movies,
    An interconnected universe that seem to hold little meaning for Marvel IPs like Spiderman and X-Men since their stories are not dependent on interconnected universes.
    sounds like they understand comics better then most.
    Deadpool should not be pg 13 if they understood the character. If DC made a Deathstroke film, high chances it would be R.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-31-2019 at 03:48 AM.

MCU can butcher as many source materials as Sony, Fox and WB but not face the same consequences as the others. somebody said in the spiderman forum, perhaps the reason why is because the modern comic book standard is poor to that of the past and I agree.

Marvel should not have been successful butchering spiderman, Ragnarok, iron man and gotg. it does raise a lot of questions, but we have some kind of answer now and we see this with how no one take ''reviews'' seriously anymore, not just for MCU.

I think it is disrespectful to many people like me who have read comic movies for decades and are tired of how disney is watering marvel down in films to keep up stereotypical narrative that comic movies are for kids. We want that narrative to stop now they have X-Men that has proven both with pg 13 and R rated movies that comic movies are not just a fun disney movie thing.

An interconnected universe that seem to hold little meaning for Marvel IPs like Spiderman and X-Men since their stories are not dependent on interconnected universes.

Deadpool should not be pg 13 if they understood the character. If DC made a Deathstroke film, high chances it would be R.
    Lol it only raises question cause you didn't personaly like them but if your getting your answers good for you man. Have fun, I'm out

Fox had their share for butchering, but disney turning xmen source material to frankly disney movies would be the worst butchering of all. Disney has already butchered Spiderman, Ragnarok, Iron Man and GOTG source material, It would be hypocritical if you don't mention that as I am mentioning right now how fox butchered the AOA and dark Phoenix story or Cyclops or even bad timeline that make no sense.

The difference is Fox's butchering was hurting the franchise. Whatever can be labeled butchering on the MCU really hasn't.