Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol good to know you speak for Ryan Reynolds
    If you haven't noticed, he has made it a point to speak for anyone foolish enough to engage with him. And despite this kind of trolling, goes on unimpeded.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol good to know you speak for Ryan Reynolds
    I did not speak for him. that was what he and tim miller wanted. Here is the proof.they wanted something that wasvery unlike mcu movies.
    https://www.inverse.com/article/1099...i-marvel-movie

“Comic books are sort of the perfect medium for epic storytelling,” said Miller “And IMAX is all about epic film presentation. So, you bring those two things together and you’ve got epic squared. It’s a great way to see them come to life…I couldn’t be more proud of the work that everybody put into it. It’s a great honor to do a movie and to have millions of people around the world see it. But to see it in IMAX, which is this premiere format, it just doesn’t get any better than that.”

Ryan also was not a fan of the disney deal but is open to any chance they can squeeze deadpool in

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ox-deadpool-2/

This was the photo ryan posted after the deal closed.

Deadpool-R-Rated-Disney-Fox-Merger-Marvel-Movies.jpg

This is a joke spin but we know what it meant. deapdool getting dragged out of disney land in chains. So no I did not speak for ryan, I just did my research and knew how him, tim miller and Rob Liefeld truly felt about disney owning xmen
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-13-2019 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    If you haven't noticed, he has made it a point to speak for anyone foolish enough to engage with him. And despite this kind of trolling, goes on unimpeded.
    This just gets more interesting and bad for any disney pg 13 movie , if some are now calling people fools.
    and I am still a troll even when I listed all r rated successful films from the 80s to show disney has no excuse to dumb deadpool down to pg 13. what is with all the name calling here, why can't some people stay on message instead of calling the messengers names that is just slander.

trolls
    fools
    sexists
    racists
    delusional

All this thrown out people who talk about the down side of the MCU. where has the substance gone? sad. I hope the mods sees this and does something. people should not be slandered with names like trolls, fools, sexist or racists just because they speak of the down side of the mcu. I have been called all this a lot. Hope the mods takes action soon of people insulting others by offensive name calling.

Meanwhile Disney has a lot to live of too, holding the mantle of creativity as the supposed best in the business and that starts by not changing a dime about everything that made deadpool good and that includes the R rating.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-13-2019 at 09:23 PM.

BANNED

I really don't mind that people have different tastes in movies than I do. In fact, I applaud it.

I mind when others mind that my tastes are different from theirs, and go to ridiculous lengths to try to justify their disdain for my preferences and simply. Won't. Let. It. Go.

Almost every interesting thread in this forum has been made to feel unwelcoming and vitriolic, and mostly because mods let one person keep coming back to the boards under a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I really don't mind that people have different tastes in movies than I do. In fact, I applaud it.

I mind when others mind that my tastes are different from theirs, and go to ridiculous lengths to try to justify their disdain for my preferences and simply. Won't. Let. It. Go.

Almost every interesting thread in this forum has been made to feel unwelcoming and vitriolic, and mostly because mods let one person keep coming back to the boards under a different name.
    Maybe when that happens, it's best to not engage with the person who won't let it go? Can't have a conversation of one, after all.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Maybe when that happens, it's best to not engage with the person who won't let it go? Can't have a conversation of one, after all.
    I disengaged long ago, but few others appear to have. So the unthinking atmosphere grows, leaving the forums themselves a place of little hope, and an unlikely place to start a real conversation.

Some people here don't want real conversations, that was why they started with calling people fools and trolls. (roll eyes). Real conversations about the art is longer here because Disney MCU has none and a PG 13 deadpool is just a symptom of that. Here is how art is done

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/jo...sh-1202169517/
    ‘Joker’ Director Spent One Year Convincing Warner Bros. to Say Yes to R-Rated Vision

I said it countless times and I am glad, The Joker movie confirms it too, It is up to the director to decide what movies gets the R rating based on his vision. Toad Philips said it was him who had to convince WB to make Joker R which totally debunks the disney narrative of why and how Deadpool can just be pg 13. that is manufacturing. that is not creative freedom because it has to be down to the director and writers to decide. the studio has no right to make the decisions by default. Joker confirms my stance.

That is a real conversation worth having about how comic films can be still be made beyond a formula. Bring it on.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-14-2019 at 04:39 AM.

I disengaged long ago, but few others appear to have. So the unthinking atmosphere grows, leaving the forums themselves a place of little hope, and an unlikely place to start a real conversation.
    Speaking as someone who can get drawn into these things, it can be awful hard not to respond when the person in question is making egregious claims r.e. something you have strong opinions on.

Guess you could try starting your own threads where you can at least have a chance of directing the conversation into more productive channels?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Speaking as someone who can get drawn into these things, it can be awful hard not to respond when the person in question is making egregious claims r.e. something you have strong opinions on.
    I've found it's easier when you realize you're not going to change some people's minds or make them understand they are incorrect, and they are not convincing anyone else either.

Or as my dad used to tell me, "No one ever looked smart arguing with a stupid person."

Took me way too many years to appreciate what he meant.

I've found it's easier when you realize you're not going to change some people's minds or make them understand they are incorrect, and they are not convincing anyone else either.

Or as my dad used to tell me, "No one ever looked smart arguing with a stupid person."

Took me way too many years to appreciate what he meant.
    Smart guy. I've fallen into that trap often on.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)