Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Attachment 86695
    You don't know a thing about me.

Never said I knew you, but I do know you didn't know X2 was originally R and X2 was based of god loves, man kills.

Per say.
    Since Disney can't do a full on dystopian drama driven movie that was just dying to break out of pg 13.
    Whatever, dude. This "MCU fan" likes it an awful lot, better then some MCU movies, not as well as certain ones, but what the heck? I like the variety.
    That is why they are called fans not objective film academics.

Thanks for confirming my initial point.
    So point me a nude scene in the MCU? This to disney is strictly for the adult market only. Fox can factually dance around it with a pg 13 film that kids are still allowed to watch.

Really? Last I checked, I was the only one trying to provide specific examples and explanations. .
    This was about Holland's spiderman fighting style? what was the good reason for disney watering down the fighting style of a character that is 20x stronger than the average man with enhanced reflexes when his comics and other movies saw no reasons to water it down?

Heck, I've gone into more detail to explain why I think the Guardians movies are good then you've in why you think they're bad, as a specific example
    This is the mcu explanation that does not seem to hold up to the standard other comic movies including deadpool are subjected too.
    As a Dwarf once said, they have the only right. (Besides, as stated time and again, they haven't actually made any yet, so it's pointless to argue that they can't do it when it's impossible to prove the claim.)
    I agree that it is now pointless to argue. we already have the proof from comics, cartoons, movies and tv shows that disney should not be allowed to get away with dumbing down another franchise especially one of X-Men's caliber.

I think that's enough coffee for you today.
    This has no relations to what I said about Batman and Thor but remember Deadpool and GOTG 2 also have the same reviews on RT, GOTG is kind of irrelevant here, ironic since that is also a comedy.it's just more proof disney doing pg 13 deadpool is going to be more bad than good as we already know the type of pg 13 comedy disney does.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-07-2019 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Deadpool bashes comicbook movie in general but it goes after the DC and fox movies way more then the mcu. So not sure where your pulling that from
    Yeah, even Deadpool seems to realize that Marvel Studios has got a better handle on the super hero genre than WB or Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    See I don't see it this way. I think the concept is just bad, it's like a person who breaks in to steal and gets caught and another that doesnt. both the successful thief and failed thief committed a crime. Batman and Thor used a very wrong concept.

Except I didn't think ragnarok was a good movie not by marvel comic stories. everything about it was poorly executed, really dumbed down to what I know could have been.

Isn't it quite ironic deadpool is also a comedy but does not get bashed for the humor like MCU does. why do you think this is the case? deadpool is a comedy but at the same time it was a movie made to kick back against the mcu movies that also relies on comedy?
    The concept isn't wrong if the concept actually worked. Which is the point. The movie set out to make money and entertain viewers, and it suceeded. You of course can't make everyone happy... but it more than got the job done. Which can't be said for Batman and Robin. Using the thief analogy there's a reason one thief suceeded while the other failed... the one that failed sucked. The one who suceeded actually knew what he was doing.

As far as Deadpool not getting bashed for his humor... that's like bashing Punisher for being violent. It's sort of the point. But I'm sure there are some who are critical of it, just as I'm sure there are some critical of the humor in Thor Ragnorok. But considering both movies are very very well received, I'd argue it's fairly negligable.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Deadpool bashes comicbook movie in general but it goes after the DC and fox movies way more then the mcu. So not sure where your pulling that from
    I was thinking its more about the style of jokes. Deadpool is more late night stand up comedy, legends like Eddie Murphy, Jerry Seinfield and Chris Rock would like and write. MCU is more silly chessy overdone humor that makes people cringe as it is obvious the humor in the mcu is used for dumbing down the movies. deadoool's humor is usually used for black acts comedy even satire, reasons he mocks other comic movies.

but it goes after the DC and fox movies way more then the mcu. So not sure where your pulling that from
    Nah, I just see it more as MCU getting protected as usual even from deadpool.

I was thinking its more about the style of jokes. Deadpool is more late night stand up comedy, legends like Eddie Murphy, Jerry Seinfield and Chris Rock would like and write. MCU is more silly chessy overdone humor that makes people cringe as it is obvious the humor in the mcu is used for dumbing down the movies. deadoool's humor is usually used for black acts comedy even satire, reasons he mocks other comic movies.

Nah, I just see it more as MCU getting protected as usual even from deadpool.
    Huh?!?!?! you think Deadpools Dick Jokes and saying things like "Fu** Nugget" are more Ediie Murphy and Seinfeld type jokes? Ugh why do I keep doing this to myself... I'm out

Never said I knew you, but I do know you didn't know X2 was originally R and X2 was based of god loves, man kills.
    So I didn't know an obscure fact about a movie that wasn't on the BluRay. What's that prove?

(FIY, I did know that X2 was based on "God Loves, Man Kills." I've said that from day one. What I (mistakenly) thought was that there was a second comic also used in the adaptation. Let's keep our facts straight here.

Since Disney can't do a full on dystopian drama driven movie that was just dying to break out of pg 13.
    Translation: "it was bad because I wanted it to be R."

That is why they called fans not objective film academics.
    So, if we're just fans, what do you have that I should take you seriously as "objective?" I can at least claim some writing background and a handle on how story structure and the like works. All you've shown is that you think funny movies aren't good, as indicated above.

So point me a nude scene in the MCU? This to disney is strictly for the adult market only. Fox can factually dance around it with a pg 13 film that kids are still allowed to watch.
    You really don't understand mature storytelling. Nudity in and of itself is nothing; it's how it's framed. Heck, the nudity in the X-Men movies overall is actually kinda immature, all things considered (mostly used for cheap jokes). Here's a hint; examine Logan's use of r-rated violence. The maturity is not that we see blood or gore, but the point that's being made with it all. Same thing with nudity in its own context.

(Besides, not all of us want nudity in our movies, anyways. Why fixate on that point?)

This was about Holland's spiderman fighting style? what was the good reason for disney watering down the fighting style of a character that is 20x stronger than the average man with enhances reflexes when his comics and other movies saw no reasons to water it down?
    Seriously? Watch Far From Home again and get back to me.

This is the mcu explanation that does not seem to hold up to the standard other comic movies including deadpool are subjected too.
    I agree that it is now pointless to argue. we already have the proof from comics, cartoons, movies and tv shows that disney should not be allowed to get away with dumbing down another francnise especially one of X-Men's caliber.
    Facts, please. I don't deal in tinfoil hats, Kool-Aid, or conspiracy theories.

This has no relations to what I said about Batman and Thor but remember Deadpool and GOTG 2 also have the same reviews on RT, GOTG is kind of irrelevant here, ironic since that is also a comedy.it's just more proof disney doing pg 13 deadpool is going to be more bad than good as we already know the type of pg 13 comedy disney does.
    So, you're mad that a movie you didn't like was judged to be of a similar quality that you did like? C'mon, get real.

For all your suggesting that MCU fans are blind followers of their brand, the only person I'm seeing here who fits that bill is you. I know the kind of movies Marvel Studios do and frankly, I think they've got a better handle on how to do stuff then their rivals. Disagree if you will, but provide something more then just "it's bad because I don't like X about it."
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

So I didn't know an obscure fact about a movie that wasn't on the BluRay. What's that prove?

(FIY, I did know that X2 was based on "God Loves, Man Kills." I've said that from day one. What I (mistakenly) thought was that there was a second comic also used in the adaptation. Let's keep our facts straight here.
    Okay?

Translation: "it was bad because I wanted it to be R."
    Not my translation. DOFP was not R, Minority Report was not R, Flashpoint was not R. The Funimation dragon ball z English dub was not R. I still liked all of them more than endgame.

So, if we're just fans, what do you have that I should take you seriously as "objective?" .
    I am a fan but I see that more as secondary, reason I don't take part in studio loyalty. I would be the first to admit all comic movie franchises are a mixed bag including deadpool/x-men. I am more objective, this is the reason I don't like the disney sterilized formula and for better or worse I go by a director's work. You see how much resentment I have for Kinberg, I don't feel that way about Singer, Raimi, Nolan, Miller, Ratner or Mangold. Notice that on this deadpool thread we are talking more about disney? not the director or the cast?

I can at least claim some writing background and a handle on how story structure and the like works. All you've shown is that you think funny movies aren't good, as indicated above
    So do I. Why do you think I begged that you read the screenplay of black panther and X2 and highlight where the politics and themes are. why do you think i told you to look at the cinematography of X2 and infinity war and honestly decide which movies looks more like an advertisement for Toy R us. why do you think I compared how nightcralwer to thanos. I did all these things because I wanted you to look at the films objectively not from a fan point, It is my objective academics background on film that makes me likes MCU less. I mean disney heavily influences the writing of MCU movies to make it fit their own model, that is wrong to me as writer who thinks the actual writers should have more freedom.

You really don't understand mature storytelling. Nudity in and of itself is nothing; it's how it's framed.
    I understand it will be immature to make deadpool pg 13 for shallow reasons.
    Heck, the nudity in the X-Men movies overall is actually kinda immature, all things considered (mostly used for cheap jokes). Here's a hint; examine Logan's use of r-rated violence. The maturity is not that we see blood or gore, but the point that's being made with it all. Same thing with nudity in its own context.

(Besides, not all of us want nudity in our movies, anyways. Why fixate on that point?)
    Logan was well earned R. Mangold said he wanted to make a mature movie.

If memory tells the nudity from DOFP was not for cheap jokes. Wolverine just woke up from having sex with a woman, he was confronted by the lady's boss and he slashed or even killed all of them and walks away. no joke. in fact , that was to show how high the stakes were for wolverine to just kill people like that just to find young xavier ASAP.

the second slight nudity of X2 was wolverine breaking out from Dr Frankenstein's lab in pain , horrified by what has become of him from the weapon x project. I dont see cheap jokes. in fact it was a hard scene to watch with all the screaming and blood. right now you are just saying things that are not true about the xmen films and it is hurting MCU and Disney to me because it is making them look more incompetent.

Seriously? Watch Far From Home again and get back to me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks but I will stick to PS4 Spiderman. I saw the clips, read everything on the spiderman forum about the film. there is still too much disney in it.
    Facts, please. I don't deal in tinfoil hats, Kool-Aid, or conspiracy theories.
    I expected this narrative and I think it will only grow. Disney would drive the xmen kid friendy comedy angle and deadpool pg 13. but please remember, Legion, dofp, logan , xmen tas , deadpool r factually happened and are not conspiracy theories.
    So, you're mad that a movie you didn't like was judged to be of a similar quality that you did like? C'mon, get real
    I am not mad, I am just almost sad for deadpool's behalf if I actually took RT as a real thing, although its good the evidence of bias to mcu grows everyday. deadpool by mcu rt rating system gets a 95% anyway.

frankly, I think they've got a better handle on how to do stuff then their rivals. ."
    So let them keep deadpool R. if they can handle things better
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-07-2019 at 08:15 AM.

3a3r8w.jpg
    10char
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

3a3r8w.jpg
    10char
    Hold to it man. You speak much sense, but it's for nothing and we have to stop feeding.

Congrats X-men and deadpool fans that dont want deadpool's ratings changed. we made our points clear that deadpool should stay R.

Some MCU fans are calling us trolls and us being weird, so strange after 3 successful r movies even in the mcu era , they can't take on our message we base on the comics and film making of past movies. Disney, I hope you listen. We don't want xmen dumbed down to pg 13 deadpool and we will stand by that to the end.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-09-2019 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Hold to it man. You speak much sense, but it's for nothing and we have to stop feeding.
    Yeah, dinner time's over. (Need to remember to do this on other threads that that personage got me roped into arguing his ideas.)
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Amazing Member

Congrats X-men and deadpool fans that dont want deadpool's ratings changed. we made our points clear that deadpool should stay R.

Some MCU fans are calling us trolls and us being weird, so strange after 3 successful r movies even in the mcu era , they can't take on our message we base on the comics and film making of past movies. Disney, I hope you listen. We don't want xmen dumbed down to pg 13 deadpool and we will stand by that to the end.
    To truly stand by that means not buying a ticket to the inevitable MCU pg-13 Deadpool/x-men movies. Just Saying. And also, I would just like to add, Once Upon a Deadpool was fantastic. Sometimes I wonder why this is even such a big deal to everyone. OUD proved to me that pg-13 deadpool could be almost as good as R-rated deadpool.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseBeFeige View Post
    To truly stand by that means not buying a ticket to the inevitable MCU pg-13 Deadpool/x-men movies. Just Saying. And also, I would just like to add, Once Upon a Deadpool was fantastic. Sometimes I wonder why this is even such a big deal to everyone. OUD proved to me that pg-13 deadpool could be almost as good as R-rated deadpool.
    The OUD cut is actually my favorite of the two, I think it worked much better as a film.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The OUD cut is actually my favorite of the two, I think it worked much better as a film.
    Never saw either. How did it work better in your estimate?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseBeFeige View Post
    You would not want any xmen movie (team or solo film) where people will appreciate watching the cartoons more because the new movies are beyond childish and watered down to be real.