Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Deadpool Going PG-13

Hey so I've been wondering for a while if anyone else thinks that now that Deadpool is under Disney if it will remain rated r? I don't. Imo the whole release of once upon a deadpool was a market test to see how accepted a pg-13 version would be and how many pre teens and teenagers would flock to see it. I know there are articles saying that Disney and Marvel have stated that they won't change Deadpool but does anyone really believe that and also when they discuss it, they talk in a way that leaves it open to them to do it in the future and makes it sounds like they are staying in the "maybe" zone. I also think they want Deadpool in the MCU which is implied that future films would have to be at most pg-13 in order for that to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Hey so I've been wondering for a while if anyone else thinks that now that Deadpool is under Disney if it will remain rated r? I don't. Imo the whole release of once upon a deadpool was a market test to see how accepted a pg-13 version would be and how many pre teens and teenagers would flock to see it. I know there are articles saying that Disney and Marvel have stated that they won't change Deadpool but does anyone really believe that and also when they discuss it, they talk in a way that leaves it open to them to do it in the future and makes it sounds like they are staying in the "maybe" zone. I also think they want Deadpool in the MCU which is implied that future films would have to be at most pg-13 in order for that to occur.
    Originally they said Deadpool would stay at fox and be R rated. But alot of rumors of late are they wanna bring him into the MCU. I'd rather him stay R and be outside the MCU. But I think it could work. You just got to be more creative. But alot of the funniest stuff from his movies can be done inside the MCU. Just no more sayings like "Fu** Nugget" and excessive gore. But really alot of Wade's Humor is his bizarre and out of left field thought process. I find him funny the same way I do Comedian Theo Vonn. Like they both say **** only they would say. But yea it can be done but I think they should let Reynolds finish his trilogy first and bring DP over later.

I don't think an R rating is at all essential for Deadpool. The vast majority of Deadpool comics are more PG13 than R after all.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I don't think an R rating is at all essential for Deadpool. The vast majority of Deadpool comics are more PG13 than R after all.
    Yeah, if they made Deadpool movies PG-13 from this point on we'd barely be able to tell the difference honestly.

It would be sad if Marvel made him go pg 13.I think some of you don't understand what Deadpool's R rating represented beyond the blood, sex, gore, swearing and violence. It was about taking risks, trusting in one actor's vision after an already failed attempt at the character, stepping away from the expected comic movie tropes, not getting defined with crossover movies, making creativity more limitless and accessible to writers and directors who have different interpretations of what a superhero film is.

Marvel taking all that away defeats the whole point of what I mentioned and it proves further that all what marvel is a sterilized manufactured structured formula processed factory studio, who deserves the X-Men brand less than Fox.

Also should DC succeed with Joker that is R, DC will be far more versatile than MCU can ever dream off or ever catch up too as DC is already beating marvel in video games and animation and an already well established tv universe while all what marvel would have left is their MCU related project, which is becoming more juvenile with every movie.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-25-2019 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    It would be sad if Marvel made him go pg 13.I think some of you don't understand what Deadpool's R rating represented beyond the blood, sex, gore, swearing and violence. It was about taking risks, trusting in one actor's vision after an already failed attempt at the character, stepping away from the expected comic movie tropes, not getting defined with crossover movies, making creativity more limitless and accessible to writers and directors who have different interpretations of what a superhero film is.

Marvel taking all that away defeats the whole point of what I mentioned and it proves further that all what marvel is a sterilized manufactured structured formula processed factory studio, who deserves the X-Men brand less than Fox.

Also should DC succeed with Joker that is R, DC will be far more versatile than MCU can ever dream him off or ever catch up too as DC is already beating marvel in video games and animation and an already well established tv universe while all what marvel would have left is their MCU related project, which is becoming more juvenile with every movie.
    I'd have an easier time buying the notion of DC's versatility in movies if they weren't essentially copying marvel at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'd have an easier time buying the notion of DC's versatility in movies if they weren't essentially copying marvel at this point.
    How long are they going to copy marvel? Doesn't look for long with everything I have seen about Joker and everything I am hearing about Robert Patinson's Batman reboot. Also DC is already more versatile because they don't try to connect everything. Marvel doesn't have anything again that is off importance outside of the MCU.

Marvel lost it around 2014 when they started to make their comics fit the movies and they have never gotten their mojo back. I heard even the GOTG, Black Panther and Spiderman cartoons made by Disney XD felt like a continuation of the movies or were strongly based off the movies. its sad if you ask me.

Mighty Member

Also should DC succeed with Joker that is R, DC will be far more versatile than MCU can ever dream him off or ever catch up too as DC is already beating marvel in video games and animation and an already well established tv universe while all what marvel would have left is their MCU related project, which is becoming more juvenile with every movie.
    Depending on how it's done I wonder if it will even feel like a Joker movie? I only saw the trailer once so maybe I don't remember but is there anything that makes this movie feel like a Joker movie as opposed to a movie about a man going insane that happens to be dressed as a clown? It's one thing to take risks and be different although Deadpool aside I am not sure any nonMCU marvel movie ever did that. But at some point if you go too far off the path it won't even be the characters anymore. Just the kind of story told elsewhere but with lipservice to a comic character. From what I've seen, if this movie wasn't called Joker I don't think it would have lost anything except revenue money from lack of interest. I think it'd be a pretty sad state of affairs if companies just starting taking indie scrips and replacing the names with comic characters to get seats and have people celebrate that as "different" and "imaginative" when it would be anything but. Not saying that's the case here but it's is a concern I have going forward.
    Last edited by Farealmer; 08-24-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Mighty Member

How long are they going to copy marvel? Doesn't look for long with everything I have seen about Joker and everything I am hearing about Robert Patinson's Batman reboot. Also DC is already more versatile because they don't try to connect everything. Marvel doesn't have anything again that is off importance outside of the MCU.

Marvel lost it around 2014 when they started to make their comics fit the movies and they have never gotten their mojo back. I heard even the GOTG, Black Panther and Spiderman cartoons made by Disney XD felt like a continuation of the movies or were strongly based off the movies. its sad if you ask me.
    Do the netflix shows, Runaways, or Cloak and Dagger not count?

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Do the netflix shows, Runaways, or Cloak and Dagger not count?
    They are all loosely part of the MCU too. I would give you an example. DC has 2 supermans. the one on tv and the one in the movies. no character in runaways can ever show up in the mcu movies or ever get played by a different actor.

It really got very irritating when MCU killed off the quicksilver in age of ultron because fox had used him the year before. while the fox quicksilver had an excellent visual scene and was played by a better actor, mcu quicksilver had the better background for the character but disney is so obsessed with their MCU they can't even accept you can have 2 variation of a character in different movies or existing in tv and movies at the same time. Everything is about the MCU.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-25-2019 at 02:26 PM.

How long as they going to copy marvel? Probably for as long as those are the only ones which seem to be working out for them by whatever standard WB is using. They're going with what works... which as of now seems to be copying marvel. I guess realizing what you are doing is not working and having the ability to simply copy someone else can qualify as versatility.

BANNED

A Deadpool PG 13 would be terrible. I think this is setting up a battle between Reynolds and Feige. This is going to suck

BANNED

This whole thread sounds a lot like the arguments that Black Panther and Captain Marvel were being sidelined because they weren't announced at Comic-con. Rational people pointed out that Disney's expo was likely another opportunity to roll out Panther, Ant Man, etc. but the people who want a hill so badly to die on will invent things, whole cloth, to fit their agenda.

I expect, in the near future, when there is an R rated Deadpool that the same people stumping in this thread will have invented a new complaint and will pretend all of the dozens of made-up, nonsensical accusations they spouted for weeks never happened. Ditto this thread.

It's ok. You don't like the MCU. You're worried about how the X-men will be treated. Ok. But save the invented melodrama please, there is absolutely nothing of substance behind this worry. None.

Mighty Member

Everything is about the MCU.
    Why is that a problem? In the comics these characters have crossed over and been part of each others stories for decades. Why can't the films reflect that?
    Last edited by Farealmer; 08-24-2019 at 03:40 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Why is that a problem? In the comics these characters have crossed over and been part of each others stories for decades. Why can't the films reflect that?
    The problem is not the crossover, the problem is the MCU formula