Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

PG-13 can only help at this point. I'd like to see a Colossus/Juggo fight without somebody getting r@ped with an electrical cable at the end. 100 less dick jokes would help too. Talk about overdone comedy...yeesh.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 09-11-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Never saw either. How did it work better in your estimate?
    100% less needless pegging jokes to start with and the framing sequence with Fred Savage was absolutely hilarious and really brought out the breaking the forth wall moments that I enjoy about Deadpool comics better than any other attempt in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    100% less needless pegging jokes to start with and the framing sequence with Fred Savage was absolutely hilarious and really brought out the breaking the forth wall moments that I enjoy about Deadpool comics better than any other attempt in the film.
    Okay. Not a fan of fourth-wall humor, but makes sense.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Okay. Not a fan of fourth-wall humor, but makes sense.
    It's not your usual fourth wall kind of humor, it's cribbing from the framing narrative of the Princess Bride, hence why Fred Savage is there. Deadpool has captured Fred Savage and is holding him captive in a recreation of the bedroom set from Princess Bride and reading him the story of Deadpool 2 and at various points Fred Savage breaks in to stop the movie with a critique or question just like he did as the kid in Princess Bride, only nerdier.

I am picking up some recent agendas now. There is this fake backlash at r rated films all of a sudden. I read many MCU fans post here calling of pg 13 deadpool not because of the source material but because Marvel studio can't do it.

Its ironic as Toad Phillips just said the exact same thing about Joker. in his words. ''Let's make a movie Marvel can't do''. his words alone is now the reason people are out to get his movie. I turn over to DC and I see the media trying to do this fake backlash that Joker's R is too strong. This are the same people who just praised fat thor that was too light to point of goofy. Its ironic isn't it. Marvel can make r rated films so ''everyone'' now all of a sudden claim they are horrible and unnecessary. Why wasn't this the case with this films. some from the 80 and 90s.

Blade
    Blade 2
    Logan
    Batman: The Killing Joke
    Watchman
    Kick Ass
    Deadpool 2
    Sin City
    The Crow
    Joker
    Akira
    Batman Goham by Gaslight

All this movies now represent what is wrong in society apparently and the less of them the better, all because marvel can't do it?
    The movies had good use to use R. Deadpool 3 in particular that would have been a loose prelude to X-force justifies R more , especially with X-force.

My advice for Ryan Renyolds is to walk away or Disney should cancel the deadpool franchise. it is beyond clear what is going on now especially with the Joker. it only makes me wish more Ryan does walk way if Deadpool does not stay R and Joker gets that best picture nomination after deadpool's Golden Globe nomination. There is a storm building outthere, to push and force one monopoly style of comic book film making that seems to truly happily benefit one studio only.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-12-2019 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I read many MCU fans post here calling of pg 13 deadpool not because of the source material but because Marvel studio can't do it.
    Blatant falsehood. Nobody has said this in this topic except for you.

Joe Kelly Deadpool is still infinitely more funny to me than the hyper violent recent one.

BTW: Reynolds, Rhett, and Miller have apparently pitched a Deadpool 3 that involved Wade stealing a bottle labeled "the Marvel formula" from Fiege's desk.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-12-2019 at 09:58 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Joe Kelly Deadpool is still infinitely more funny to me than the hyper violent recent one.

BTW: Reynolds, Rhett, and Miller have apparently pitched a Deadpool 3 that involved Wade stealing a bottle labeled "the Marvel formula" from Fiege's desk.
    Lol go Xtra Xtra Meta... I love it

Saw a meme on facebook the other day that would be awesome for the next Deadpool movie once he's in the MCU.

Nick Fury walks into Deadpools apartment and sees Tom Holland on the couch. He yells "Parker what are you doing here!"

Deadpool replies "You can't call him that. He's in the Sony Witness Protection Program."

After that you see Tobey McGuire walk by eating cereal and Andrew Garfield in the kitchen making something.

I think there are far more clever things they could do with PG-13.

I love that Spider-Man nod ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's not your usual fourth wall kind of humor, it's cribbing from the framing narrative of the Princess Bride, hence why Fred Savage is there. Deadpool has captured Fred Savage and is holding him captive in a recreation of the bedroom set from Princess Bride and reading him the story of Deadpool 2 and at various points Fred Savage breaks in to stop the movie with a critique or question just like he did as the kid in Princess Bride, only nerdier.
    Okay, but I was thinking about the bit in the trailer where he and Deadpool debate if he's really a Marvel character or not (riffing off the ILR reputation of the MCU being the best in the business and all that). That stuff isn't my cup of tea in general and really doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the X-Men movies. (Heck, I'm honestly not even sure the Deadpool movies are in continuity with the other movies -- although, as we've seen, the Fox X-Men movies' continuity is generally optional and got worse and worse at the end of it.)

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Blatant falsehood. Nobody has said this in this topic except for you.
    I'd save it; he's not interested in a discussion or understanding the topic; just a troll who wants to be be validated on his own biases and preferences irregardless of what's actually true. Take it from me; I was arguing with him on a lot of crap earlier in this thread and on other ones and feeding him just makes him buckle down harder on his claims (and even got a thread shut down because of how out of control things got). It's not worth it -- and I'm someone who doesn't mind a little rhubarb like this from time to time.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Okay, but I was thinking about the bit in the trailer where he and Deadpool debate if he's really a Marvel character or not (riffing off the ILR reputation of the MCU being the best in the business and all that). That stuff isn't my cup of tea in general and really doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the X-Men movies. (Heck, I'm honestly not even sure the Deadpool movies are in continuity with the other movies -- although, as we've seen, the Fox X-Men movies' continuity is generally optional and got worse and worse at the end of it.)

I'd save it; he's not interested in a discussion or understanding the topic; just a troll who wants to be be validated on his own biases and preferences irregardless of what's actually true. Take it from me; I was arguing with him on a lot of crap earlier in this thread and on other ones and feeding him just makes him buckle down harder on his claims (and even got a thread shut down because of how out of control things got). It's not worth it -- and I'm someone who doesn't mind a little rhubarb like this from time to time.
    When some people realize they are debating another person who is well informed, even seems to know the marvel disney model more than their fans. they are called trolls. its amazing the troll term is thrown a lot. I wonder if the director of the Joker is a Troll too for saying the exact same thing I said . There is just no substance now in any pro MCU viewpoint. We are either trolls and racist with no substance to back of the cliam.

When disney bought xmen, they did say deadpool will stay R, now they might go back on that. That should be concerning. that is what we are calling disney out for. if their fans best defense is trolling, xmen in the mcu is even a bigger joke than I think it is.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-12-2019 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Deadpool use of violence can be funny, that is part of the point of the character.

I really doubt it, Deadpool was created to be a breathe of fresh air to the MCU formula. Left to Ryan Renyolds, he would never have wanted the character to be in this situation of Disney calling the shots.Ask yourself how many people in the comic book business have talked about how there is not much you can do with MCU becaue MCU is limited as a franchise. From James Mangold to Toad Phillips to Ryan himself?

Time travel back in 2014 and imagine if disney bought fox then. there won't have been a deadpool film for 2016, worse Logan would never have been made. I am not even sure DOFP would have gotten a release. Feige is more likely to pitch the idea than Ryan which goes against ryan creative input.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-12-2019 at 08:50 PM.

Deadpool use of violence can be funny, that is part of the point of the character.

I really doubt it, Deadpool was created to be a breathe of fresh air to the MCU formula. Left to Ryan Renyolds, he would never have wanted the character to be in this situation.
    Lol good to know you speak for Ryan Reynolds

When some people realize they are debating another person who is well informed, even seems to know the marvel disney model more than their fans. they are called trolls. its amazing the troll term is thrown a lot. I wonder if the director of the Joker is a Troll too for saying the exact same thing I said . There is just no substance now in any pro MCU viewpoint. We are either trolls and racist with no substance to back of the cliam.

When disney bought xmen, they did say deadpool will stay R, now they might go back on that. That should be concerning. that is what we are calling disney out for. if their fans best defense is trolling, xmen in the mcu is even a bigger joke than I think it is.
    not speaking to you.jpg

10char
    (All-New Wolverine #4)