Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If the Audience isn’t connecting with most of phase 4 like Marvel hopes, Black Panther 2 seems like a real solid way to regain any potential lost footing with minimal risk of such a situation hurting the movie itself.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    It's a credible and good concern, although brace yourself, some will call you a MCU hater and a troll as I have been called for making these concerns too about marvel's very poor creative freedom as their movies all have to be processed factoryed all done the same way to certain noticeable extent.

Ryan basically had to hijack Deadpool from Fox and took charge of the entire franchise. It was his way or the highway. I don't see him and Feige getting along and Ryan comes off as a very nice guy, unlike James Mangold, the Logan director who has told MCU to basically get lost with their Disney juvenile movies.
    Mangold said that?
    Wow!

Astonishing Member

DP in the comics is mostly PG-13 and personally I find it funnier if they have DP make a meta joke poking fun at the limitations of what he can say or do in a PG-13 format in comparison to being R-rated. Maybe they already made that joke in the PG-13 re-release that I never bother to see but it would be funny to see him in the MCU making jokes about it.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    DP in the comics is mostly PG-13 and personally I find it funnier if they have DP make a meta joke poking fun at the limitations of what he can say or do in a PG-13 format in comparison to being R-rated. Maybe they already made that joke in the PG-13 re-release that I never bother to see but it would be funny to see him in the MCU making jokes about it.
    But the general audience is already used to a R rated Deadpool, they can’t just change it to a PG 13 and think it’s going to work.
    They released a PG 13 version of DP 2 and no one was interested in seeing it.

Mighty Member

Almost anything can work if done in a certain way. If indeed it does get made PG-13 we still don't have any proof there yet regardless from what I've read. If these threads have taught me anything it's that haters will hate regardless and likers will like as long as it's done as well as the rest of the MCU. The MCU can do comedy and that's what Deadpool is at the end of the day regardless of the sexual humor and over the top violence.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    But the general audience is already used to a R rated Deadpool, they can’t just change it to a PG 13 and think it’s going to work.
    That's like saying Logan wasn't going to be successful because audiences are used to seeing him PG-13. Funny enough, the R-rated Logan made more money than any of the PG-13 Wolverine movies. The audience will get used to it as long as its good and clever. Bear in mind, I'm not talking about PG-13 Deadpool in the context of his own solo films but in the sense of crossovers with other characters be it in another character's film, or an Avengers film. There's a precedent in comics to have characters like Deadpool and Wolverine who appear in both the R-rated Marvel Max series as well as the more family friendly PG-13 fair. Deadpool can crossover with Spidey and it'd be fine since the dynamic between teh characters were written in a way that was true to the spirit of the characters. Deadpool has been in books with the F-word uncensored and full frontal nudity present and books that censor any F-bombs and and covers any nudity that would get soccer moms up in arms writing angry letters to the company. It can work but I want to stress that I'd prefer that Deadpool's solo films remain R-rated, and it seems Disney so far has indicated that it intends to keep the character R.
    They released a PG 13 version of DP 2 and no one was interested in seeing it.
    That's because it was largely the same movie with very little new footage and was edited down to be PG-13. This isn't a good example of why a DP released from the onset as PG-13 wouldn't be as successful, if not more so than an R-rated DP has been. Deadpool wasn't successful because it was R-rated, it was successful despite it being R-rated.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 08-27-2019 at 11:08 AM.

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Most people won't really give a crap if it's PG-13 as long as it's a good film.

BANNED

MCU comedy and Deadpool comedy are worlds apart. MCU comedy is family friendly and Deadpool comedy is adult.
    If they make a good Deadpool PG 13 version, it still can’t be in the family friendly MCU style. I don’t think the general audience would accept it. That’s the dilemma Disney is facing, they know they can’t make Deadpool family friendly, even with a PG 13 rating. Which is why I’m doubting it happening.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-27-2019 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Question: Since we already have a "glorious PG-13" Deadpool movie to examine, does that already give us something of an idea how well the character works in that rating?
    No. It doesnt. Its also a cop out that proves what some of us have been saying that mcu has a terrible movie formula all their movies must subject too in one way or another.

If MCU does not have a generic movie formula than why should they be considering deadpool as pg 13 films. Kind of a contradiction isn't it? Ironic too as Deadpool was purposely made to be the complete opposite of what MCU is according to Tim Miller.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-27-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Astonishing Member

MCU comedy and Deadpool comedy are worlds apart. MCU comedy is family friendly and Deadpool comedy is adult.
    If they make a good Deadpool PG 13 version, it still can’t be in the family friendly MCU style. I don’t think the general audience would accept it. That’s the dilemma Disney is facing, they know they can’t make Deadpool family friendly, even with a PG 13 rating. Which is why I’m doubting it happening.
    The only real things that sets the humor of DP apart from the MCU is that it allows for tongue-in-check fourth wall breaking to the audience watching it, and its willing to make direct inside baseball comic book references in literal dialogue like Deadpool referencing the first ever comics issue Juggernaut ever appeared in, and Deadpool pointing out that Brolin's Cable isn't as tall as the comic book version, or making fun of the messy continuity of the X-Men movies before Disney took over. Otherwise, a lot of the MCU and Deadpool have quite a lot in common in terms of humor especially with the Guardians films which has a lot of the sex related and pop culture related humor that is pervasive in the DP films but the content isn't as explicit since its PG-13.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 09-07-2019 at 07:07 AM.

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

R-rated Deadpool movies allows them to tell explicit jokes about matsurbatng with baby-sized hands.

Real mature indeed. Classy, adult stuff right there!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    R-rated Deadpool movies allows them to tell explicit jokes about matsurbatng with baby-sized hands.

Real mature indeed. Classy, adult stuff right there!
    Which is better than telling jokes for 5 years old.

Which is better than telling jokes for 5 years old.
    That's the beauty of a PG-13 movie, as opposed to a G rated one. You can go past 5 all the up to 13. Though ironically I'm fairly sure the most appreciate demographic for masturbation jokes with baby-sized hands are 13 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's the beauty of a PG-13 movie, as opposed to a G rated one. You can go past 5 all the up to 13. Though ironically I'm fairly sure the most appreciate demographic for masturbation jokes with baby-sized hands are 13 year olds.
    Please tell me again how MCU is more versatile than DC since The Joker is rated R.

I find it just sad to see people make superficial assumption about r rated movies saying its all about masturbation jokes. Let me guess, game of thrones is all about sex? and people like Tarantino only uses r rating for shock value not for ''artistic purpose''? Same goes for 90% of war movies.

What is even R? I saw more adult friendly subjects in the 90s Marvel cartoons than I do in MCU movies. perhaps this is the reason even Spectacular Spiderman and Spiderman TAS gets more love than MCU Spiderman in the Spiderman kingdom.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-27-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Why are some MCU fans and Disney acting R RATING begins and ends with Deadpool.That is not how it works. Many xmen stories deserves the r rating. Here are some I think will do better with R for solely artistic reasons

The Mutant Massacre
    The Messiah Complex saga
    The Onslaught Saga
    The Apocalypse solution
    E is for Extinction
    Age of Apocalypse

The fact that Disney wants to try and limit R only to Deadpool just shows their massive childish competence.