Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Move on to disney humorous light and fun kid friendly formula movies is as bad as failing on the dark phoenix story twice.

X-Men current trend was because of Simon Knberg. simon kinberg has nothing on the xmen comic universe. thanks but X-MEN dont need a change. their stories are perfect as they are, they just need to be adapted quite well again at a 70% rate again.
    A kid friendly X-Men movie would be an improvement over Dark Phoenix, consdering that movie wasn't friendly to anyone.

MCU is dumbed down, X-Men has never been dumbed down. part of the reason they can make r rated movies while MCU has become PIXAR friendly. that narrative should not and cannot blend well with xmen stories. that is why I used xmen tas as example. It barely worked for MCU Spiderman too.

Try to argue as much want you are DEAD WRONG that making movies R is what is what the intent of the comic. Pure simple if you turn Deadpool and Logan movies into comics they become Max properties which are for 18 and older. That isn't a debate that a Fact. You don't like a approach fine that is YOUR taste not everyone. The content that is X-men and Deadpool comics most falls under PG13 except for violence. You have two choices when making a X-men property a movie

1. Tone down more violent gory scenes from the comics but still have violent scenes making the movie PG-13
    2. Do violent scenes as is and since already R at this point play up the angles having a R rating. Hence Logan having girls flashing in the limo or Deadpool scene in strip club. Thing that would make them Max comics and unavailable to larger chunk of readers.

I am not debating your taste. I am simply explaining that vast X-men and Deadpool stories are PG-13 and it is perfectly fine for Disney to make a PG-13 Deadpool because that is what most of his comics are and most or larger of his audience is below 17.What you think about MCU is been said by you over and over and over and over and over again. People get your point on the forums MCU =Bad. And no attempts to have reasonable convos ever lead to productive convos. We can have convo about quality of the Dark Knight versus Batman V Superman, We can have convo about quality of Wolverine Origins vs Logan but we are unable to give any Marvel movie credit for being good. And that is just stupid circle discussion to nowhere.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-02-2019 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Try to argue as much want you are DEAD WRONG that making movies R is what is what the intent of the comic. Pure simple if you turn Deadpool and Logan movies into comics they become Max properties which are for 18 and older. That isn't a debate that a Fact. You don't like a approach fine that is YOUR taste not everyone. The content that is X-men and Deadpool comics most falls under PG13 except for violence. You have two choices when making a X-men property a movie

Except I never actually said making movies R is the pure intent of comics. the stories can go both ways, clearly noah hawley from legion, james mangold from logan and tim miller from deadpool preferred to use R for their xmen stories. Only one factor can stop them from doing so. DISNEY. Its ironic that even the original comic writers like Mark Miller and Chris Claremont would favour R rated movies.

The content that is X-men and Deadpool comics most falls under PG13 except for violence. You have two choices when making a X-men property a movie
    when you translate to films, its a different conversation of what works best. deadpool, logan and legion factually happening, Also Disney's pg 13 movies are not like others.

I am not debating your taste. I am simply explaining that vast X-men and Deadpool stories are PG-13 and it is perfectly fine for Disney to make a PG-13
    If this is true,

why didn't disney allow the real stories for the iron man sequels?

Would disney have accepted a horror trilogy staring the new mutants in 2014 with teens?

Why is Spiderman so watered down in Disney movies compared to the Raimi movies?

We can have convo about quality of the Dark Knight versus Batman V Superman, We can have convo about quality of Wolverine Origins vs Logan but we are unable to give any Marvel movie credit for being good. And that is just stupid circle discussion to nowhere.
    Age of Ultron vs Avengers

Iron Man 3 VS Iron Man 1

GOTG 2 vs GOTG 1

Mark Ruffulo in Ragnarok vs Ed Norton in Hulk

MCU Spiderman vs Tobey Spiderman.

First Avenger vs Winter Solider

MCU has the same sharp quality drop and their expectations is already much lower because all mcu movies just have to be fun unlike Batman and X-men where you expect more serious content than fun.

I don't like a circle outside the xmen stories. How do you think Disney would make an xmen: mutant massacre film? would they make that a humor driven movie too as they did with Ragnarok or GOTG? water it down like civil war or black panther? or just not touch it at all as Disney did with the Demon in a bottle Iron man comics?
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-02-2019 at 12:42 AM.

Out of curiosity did anybody follow this story from Rob Liefield creator of Deadpool

Killerbee911 keeps saying most deadpool/xmens stories would work mostly as disney style pg 13. if this is so why was Rob so intend on disney not buying fox?

https://www.news18.com/news/movies/d...3-2240247.html

https://www.inverse.com/article/5460...-disney-merger

Mangold made 2 xmen movies, one R one pg. He also hated the idea of disney owning xmen and he was a far bigger xmen fan than bryan singer.

https://deadline.com/2017/12/logan-d...er-1202224732/

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/logan-...le-to-disney-1

It's one thing for us fans to have the discussion but when the directors and creator of xmen universe are saying the same thing that xmen universe works best outside the MCU disney bubble. that actually counts for something of substance.

Except I never actually said making movies R is the pure intent of comics. the stories can go both ways,
    So end that discussion. The source material isn't exclusively R and making PG 13 movie is fine and in the spirit of comic

Also Disney's pg 13 movies are not like others.
    Your Opinion

Why is Spiderman so watered down in Disney movies compared to the Raimi movies?
    Your Opinion

MCU has the same sharp quality drop and their expectations is already much lower because all mcu movies just have to be fun unlike Batman and X-men where you expect more serious content than fun.
    Your Opinion

How do you think Disney would make an xmen: mutant massacre film?
    We will find out,When they make one

water it down like civil war or black panther?
    Your Opinion

Out of curiosity did anybody follow this story from Rob Liefield creator of Deadpool
    I can pull collider interview about him talk about the PG13 version of Deadpool where he says it is the best version of the Deadpool movie and was giving it a verbal bj like no other

Mangold made 2 xmen movies, one R one pg. He also hated the idea of disney owning xmen and he was a far bigger xmen fan than bryan singer.
    Mangold made awful PG cgi ending "The Wolverine" at Fox not Disney. Who gives crap what he thinks when he made "same type" of movie at Fox.

I am not debating your opinion, You saying it over and over ain't going to change that is your opinion

So end that discussion. The source material isn't exclusively R and making PG 13 movie is fine and in the spirit of comic

Your Opinion
    Deadpool, Logan and Legion worked better as R because the directors got more freedom in story telling . the more freedom they got, the better their stories were. that was the opinions of the directors.

Your Opinion
    Its hardly my opinion, Disney factually has removed many contents they thought are too heavy for their own pg 13 movies, although these contents has been found in other pg 13 stories and even MCU phase 1.

https://screenrant.com/mcu-phase-1-d...differences/2/
    ''MCU Phase 1 Moments That Disney Wouldn't Allow Today''

Spiderman fighting abilities is watered down. This is the proof of it.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/158...-in-homecoming

Disney does not allow F bombs in their films. First Class, DOFP, Apocplase have used f bombs in pg 13 movies. Disney does not also allowed any serious story arc of implied hard substance struggles, DOFP had a serious story arc of it and that movie pg 13.

https://screenrant.com/disney-iron-m...-demon-bottle/
    Disney's Iron Man 3 Decision Completely Changed Tony Stark's MCU Story

Your Opinion
    The mandarin story arc is worse than phoenix is X3. how do I know that. dark phoenix was one dimensional but not joke. mandarin was one dimensional and a joke. X3 tone was right for the source material. the entire iron man 3 tone was wrong.

We will find out,When they make one
    Disney can't make one because disney has factually said, they don't do dark and heavy movies. they created Netflix for that. Not my opinon. it is what disney said.

https://movieweb.com/marvel-movies-d...mor-dc-comics/

I can pull collider interview about him talk about the PG13 version of Deadpool where he says it is the best version of the Deadpool movie and was giving it a verbal bj like no other
    This interview would be only after disney bought fox. Rob never wanted it. You would find more articles of rob supporting R rated deadpool than pg 13.
    Mangold made awful PG cgi ending "The Wolverine" at Fox not Disney. Who gives crap what he thinks when he made "same type" of movie at Fox.
    Mangold gave us 2/3 of a good mature wolverine story. But look at the difference, mangold hated what fox forced him to do at the end of wolverine so fox gave him freedom to make logan. what disney did at the end of iron man 2? fire the director after he made complaints, disney got rid of him and made a worse iron man movie with iron man 3, mangold ended on a good high with Logan by correcting the mistakes, iron man movies never did because Disney were too busy dumbing the iron man movies down.

I am not debating your opinion, You saying it over and over ain't going to change that is your opinion
    I have already provided evidence on everything disney has said. It's not mostly my opinions. it is marvel and disney in their own words.

When I say it is literally impossible for disney to make an xmen movie on the same wavelength as DOFP. I know that I am saying. part of it is because disney does allow the content of DOFP in their movies. Please stop saying most of it is my opinions. I am not the person that dropped the demon bottle story, I would have loved it in iron man 3. my opinion would have been to leave that in the film. that was not Disney's opinion though.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-02-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Seems like we don't exactly have anything to go on until we actually a new Deadpool movie starts production.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Seems like we don't exactly have anything to go on until we actually a new Deadpool movie starts production.
    Other than what the CEO and Kevin Fegie have said

Other than what the CEO and Kevin Fegie have said
    Fair enough. However, wasn't that pretty much of the "we're going to make more" and "we're considering R-rated Deadpool?"
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Fair enough. However, wasn't that pretty much of the "we're going to make more" and "we're considering R-rated Deadpool?"
    I mean they are the official word they have said we plan to leave Deadpool as is because it works and they have said it more than couple of times. A plan can change but until we hear otherwise the official plan is to make rated R Deadpool movies. The Ceo even went as far talking explain the Disney brand is this thing and Deadpool would probably have to be release under another brand(under Disney) so people don't get mistaken with the Disney Brand.

From Verge article
    Deadpool and Deadpool 2 were box-office and critical successes for 21st Century Fox, which Disney has been working to acquire since late 2017. Iger believes the combined company should continue serving the more adult-oriented audience, but he said the more adult films will have to remain separate from other Disney pictures to preserve the company’s wholesome image. “We will continue in that business,” Iger said of R-rated movies like Deadpool. “There’s certainly popularity with those types of films.”

Disney will carefully brand R-rated films “so we’re not in any way confusing the consumer,” he added. That means a third Deadpool film might exist under a Marvel banner, or an ongoing 21st Century Fox banner, without being labeled as a Disney or Marvel Studios project. Iger did not elaborate on whether that means films like Deadpool and Deadpool 2 won’t be available to stream on Disney’s upcoming streaming service, Disney+.
    Kevin Feige in a Variety article
    The Fox deal will also enable Marvel to experiment with the kinds of comic book movies that it makes. Feige said it “remains to be seen” if the studio will start making R-rated adventures such as “Logan,” but he echoed Walt Disney Chairman Bob Iger’s earlier promise to keep making the adult-oriented “Deadpool” films. Those will presumably still be profanity-laden, blood-splattered and very, very R-rated.

“When we were purchased, Bob said to us, ‘if it’s not broke, don’t fix it,'” said Feige. “There’s no question that Deadpool is working, so why would we change it?”
    Disney has Ghost Rider, Son of Satan and slate of adult focus cartoons on Hulu. Deadpool won't be on Disney Plus so Hulu is the likely landing spot. The home of "mature" marvel projects seems to be on Hulu. We will see what happens in the future.The two years that Disney can't use Daredevil, Punisher and other Netflix stuff is going quick(2020). So it wouldn't be a surprised if they announce Marvel Knights line of stuff with Daredevil, Blade, Punisher, Deadpool and others. There is no rush for Marvel they have a slate full of stuff before they have to make decisions and you need elusive content for your streaming services and Disney has two of them and plus ABC and Freeform.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-04-2019 at 04:07 AM.

BANNED

The Feige quotes should "'Nuff Said" this entire thread.

What has MCU past production been like? we can go on that. A good one is everything that led up to Spiderman Homecoming. A studio that rejected the demon in a bottle comics can never make a r rated deadpool movie or even get 85% of the xmen stories correctly. its an Albert Einstein impossibility at this point no matter what Feige or Iger says in the media. There is a better chance that Chris Evans would be back for that real promised Captain America 3 movie than Deadpool getting R at disney

Marvel has 23 movies, are those movies so dismissive compared to the xmen universe that some are wishfully thinking, MCU would change because they have x-men or we don't have anything to go with after 23 movies in 11 years? No. I think MCU would just reuse their boring kid friendly formula with all their xmen movies to middling results, Deadpool would be the most damaged since he only succeeded with R movies.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-04-2019 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    The Feige quotes should "'Nuff Said" this entire thread.
    Yup. But some will continue to ignore it, as seen above.

What has MCU past production been like? we can go on that. A good one is everything that led up to Spiderman Homecoming. A studio that rejected the demon in a bottle comics can never make a r rated deadpool movie or even get 85% of the xmen stories correctly. its an Albert Einstein impossibility at this point no matter what Feige or Iger says in the media. There is a better chance that Chris Evans would be back for that real promised Captain America 3 movie than Deadpool getting R at disney

Marvel has 23 movies, are those movies so dismissive compared to the xmen universe that some are wishfully thinking, MCU would change because they have x-men or we don't have anything to go with after 23 movies in 11 years? No. I think MCU would just reuse their boring kid friendly formula with all their xmen movies to middling results, Deadpool would be the most damaged since he only succeeded with R movies.
    They won't be damaged. If anything they will probably grow. The simple issue is they're just get movies that you may or may not like. But movies which will probably net a larger audience overall.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They won't be damaged. If anything they will probably grow. The simple issue is they're just get movies that you may or may not like.
    The very disney themed Spiderman damaged the character, took more from him. Any Disney themed xmen movie would have the same effect.

movies which will probably net a larger audience overall.

But at what expense? Spidey fans didn't think it was worth it to make spiderman iron boy just to get a larger audience. I would not appreciate anything in those lines either.