Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 235
  1. #31
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Is that so?

    Superman 1 and 2
    Batman 89 and Returns
    Spiderman trilogy
    65% of X-Men movies
    Sam Raimi's Spiderman movies
    Wesley Snipes Blade movies
    The Incredibles film series
    Christopher Nolan's Batman Movies.
    Into the Spiderverse

    What are you talking about that the crossover universe is what has only worked? I find that a little too ignorant.
    Those aren't shared universes, just film series. The X-Men movies are the closest thing there to a cinematic universe on that list (given it has a core series plus spinoffs) and its extremely inconsistent run speaks for itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    The comics never relied heavily on crossovers. Crossovers in the comics used to be an event thing, maybe once a year, it was not a daily thing like the mcu movies are making it out to be. Please don't ever say this to a spiderman or x-fan that marvel comics are mostly about crossovers stories.
    Oh, yeah, Spider-Man totally did not try to join the Fantastic Four in his first solo issue or the Avengers within the first year. He didn't fight Doctor Doom within that first year either. He didn't have the core piece of the "Acts of Vengeance" finale or play an important role in the first Secret Wars. There also weren't two Team-Up series that were basically Spider-Man having adventures with other Marvel characters.

    Dude, the more I see you lecturing on what Spider-Man and Spider-Man comics are, the more less convinced I am that you understand them yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Ahh nothing he said is true anyway. tas #1 and several ealry issues had Fantastic four or Doom in them and #16 had Daredevil. And those are just the ones off the top my head. And then marvel presents had Spiderman paired up with everyone. Marvel team ups. Crossovers are baked into Marvels DNA.
    Thank you.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  2. #32
    BANNED Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Those aren't shared universes, just film series. The X-Men movies are the closest thing there to a cinematic universe on that list (given it has a core series plus spinoffs) and its extremely inconsistent run speaks for itself.



    .
    And by X-Men's own expectations MCU run is not just more inconsistency but down right scary since X-fans don't want to see anything that looks like disney. when their last good entries are DOFP and Logan that gave a good closing to the series that took off in 2000. Can you fault them? they have more right to be against disney than spiderman fans and making deadpool pg 13 would just make their heads explode in good anger.

    X-Men fans always felt their biggest comic resemblance was Batman not even any marvel properties. Are X-Fans going to be happy with no more Logans to TDK or Joker gets his R while deadpool after 2 successful r gets reduced to disney pg 13?

    Oh, yeah, Spider-Man totally did not try to join the Fantastic Four in his first solo issue or the Avengers within the first year. He didn't fight Doctor Doom within that first year either. He didn't have the core piece of the "Acts of Vengeance" finale or play an important role in the first Secret Wars. There also weren't two Team-Up series that were basically Spider-Man having adventures with other Marvel characters.

    Dude, the more I see you lecturing on what Spider-Man and Spider-Man comics are, the more less convinced I am that you understand them yourself.
    I will make this simple. crossovers were secondary. They were not the primary focus of comics. Marvel comics would still remain marvel comics by 70% even if you remove all the crossover stories in their 80 year history.


    Thank you.

    F4 and Daredevil can still maintain a self contained universe. speaking of daredevil, it would have been very inappropriate if GOTG or Ant Man featured in his Netflix series.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-25-2019 at 11:33 AM.

  3. #33
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    And by X-Men's own expectations MCU run is not just more inconsistency but down right scary since X-fans don't want to see anything that looks like disney. when their last good entries are DOFP and Logan that gave a good closing to the series that took off in 2000. Can you fault them? they have more right to be against disney than spiderman fans and making deadpool pg 13 would just make their heads explode in good anger.

    I will make this simple. crossovers were secondary. They were not the primary focus of comics. Marvel comics would still remain marvel comics by 70% even if you remove all the crossover stories in their 80 year history.




    F4 and Daredevil can still maintain a self contained universe. speaking of daredevil, it would have been very inappropriate if GOTG or Ant Man featured in his Netflix series.
    Why the hell would GOTG be in a Daredevil show or even if they had a MCU movie? All the crossovers the MCU is doing service the story and the ones that dont are just Cameos. Ugh you dont like the MCU we get it, but most people do. And apparently people who agree with you are real X fans and you speak for them. Not even close, public Opinion is that Xmen in the MCU is gonna be a good thing. So untill Marvel drops the ball people are gonna keep feeling that way.

    The movies also dont rely on crossovers but just like the comics they do it alot. But they establish the chatacters peolle love first or else it wouldnt work.

    I'm still confused on how a character being able to exist in a contained universe somehow means it should. Can Daredevil? Yes for a time but his rogues gallery is weak. King Pin is a Spiderman villian that crossedover into Daredevil. And all the Netflix shows did crossovers so why are we talking about them?

  4. #34
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    A Deadpool PG 13 would be terrible. I think this is setting up a battle between Reynolds and Feige. This is going to suck
    What concerns me is Reynolds may walk if Feige starts throwing his weight around. And as Reynolds is Wade Wilson that'd be the end of Deadpool.

  5. #35
    BANNED Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    What concerns me is Reynolds may walk if Feige starts throwing his weight around. And as Reynolds is Wade Wilson that'd be the end of Deadpool.
    It's a credible and good concern, although brace yourself, some will call you a MCU hater and a troll as I have been called for making these concerns too about marvel's very poor creative freedom as their movies all have to be processed factoryed all done the same way to certain noticeable extent.

    Ryan basically had to hijack Deadpool from Fox and took charge of the entire franchise. It was his way or the highway. I don't see him and Feige getting along and Ryan comes off as a very nice guy, unlike James Mangold, the Logan director who has told MCU to basically get lost with their Disney juvenile movies.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-26-2019 at 06:12 AM.

  6. #36
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    What concerns me is Reynolds may walk if Feige starts throwing his weight around. And as Reynolds is Wade Wilson that'd be the end of Deadpool.
    Deadpool is character that wears a Mask 98% of the time.And the other 2% he would be screen without the mask is actually another mask of his disfigured face. Deadpool literally doesn't have be played by the "actor". You can stick a raunchy comedian say like Dane Cook, Anthony Jeselnik or Daniel Tosh pretty much accomplish the same thing as Ryan. The jokes just need to hit for Deadpool to work and they are other people who can pull it off imo
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-26-2019 at 02:54 AM.

  7. #37
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Deadpool is character that wears a Mask 98% of the time.And the other 2% he would be screen without the mask is actually another mask of his disfigured face. Deadpool literally doesn't have be played by the "actor". You can stick a raunchy comedian say like Dane Cook, Anthony Jeselnik or Daniel Tosh pretty much accomplish the same thing as Ryan. The jokes just need to hit for Deadpool to work and they are other people who can pull it off imo
    Eh they gotta be able to act aswell. And Reynolde has his mask off alot and the scarring isnt too bad hes still emotes and acts through it. I like those comedians but Cooks the only ones who acts and it's just barely these days. I get what your saying but you need a actor. For the movie to work you gotta sell more then just a joke.

  8. #38
    Fantastic Member luprki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    It's a credible and good concern, although brace yourself, some will call you a MCU hater and a troll as I have been called for making these concerns too about marvel's very poor creative freedom as their movies all have to be processed factoryed all done the same way to certain noticeable extent.

    Ryan basically had to hijack Deadpool from Fox and took charge of the entire franchise. It was his way or the highway. I don't see him and Feige getting along and Ryan comes off as a very nice guy, unlike James Mangold, the Logan director who has told MCU to basically get lost with their Disney juvenile movies.
    Reynolds come off as a nice guy publicly, but behind the scenes he probably is a very tough business man.


    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Deadpool is character that wears a Mask 98% of the time.And the other 2% he would be screen without the mask is actually another mask of his disfigured face. Deadpool literally doesn't have be played by the "actor". You can stick a raunchy comedian say like Dane Cook, Anthony Jeselnik or Daniel Tosh pretty much accomplish the same thing as Ryan. The jokes just need to hit for Deadpool to work and they are other people who can pull it off imo
    I agree, Reynolds is expendable, he can be replaced. It looks like we won’t get a DP3 until 2023, by that time no one will care if they replace him. People go to see Deadpool, they don’t go to see Reynolds.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-26-2019 at 09:40 AM.

  9. #39
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I understand and agree that the newer additions has done well, but at some point it has to take a breather. We now have the wait 4 or 5 years for a stand-alone sequel. Disney need to put handcuffs on Feige.
    To me, this is just marvel showing foresight. They are losing Iron Man, Captain America, and Spider-Man. Guardians of the galaxy is probably on it's last legs. The newly acquired properties from Fox are 5 years away. Like any good well oiled machine, they are making sure none of these loses or changes derail them. They have a large healthy library of IPs and a long term plan on how to use them.

  10. #40
    Fantastic Member luprki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    To me, this is just marvel showing foresight. They are losing Iron Man, Captain America, and Spider-Man. Guardians of the galaxy is probably on it's last legs. The newly acquired properties from Fox are 5 years away. Like any good well oiled machine, they are making sure none of these loses or changes derail them. They have a large healthy library of IPs and a long term plan on how to use them.
    They would’ve been better suited with BP2 first, imo
    Spider-Man was the next to take the lead position in the MCU, now it has to go to T’Challa.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-26-2019 at 01:14 PM.

  11. #41
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    They would’ve been better suited with BP2 first, imo
    Spider-Man was the next to take the lead position in the MCU, now it has to go to T’Challa.
    I think we'll have to see how the next arc plays out. From pretty early on with the Infinity Saga we knew where it was building, I'm not sure we know enough yet to say on what the next saga will entail.

  12. #42
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,178

    Default

    Question: Since we already have a "glorious PG-13" Deadpool movie to examine, does that already give us something of an idea how well the character works in that rating?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Question: Since we already have a "glorious PG-13" Deadpool movie to examine, does that already give us something of an idea how well the character works in that rating?
    It was fine, Deadpool doesn't have to be R. Now being able to push boundaries is a plus for Deadpool but he is also a character who can take advantage of censorship with jokes that is the same way his comics works. I would have to rewatch it again but it held up pretty fine imo.

  14. #44
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It was fine, Deadpool doesn't have to be R. Now being able to push boundaries is a plus for Deadpool but he is also a character who can take advantage of censorship with jokes that is the same way his comics works. I would have to rewatch it again but it held up pretty fine imo.
    Said this in another thread but funniest bit from the Video game was Deadpools Junk getting censored and he then proceeds to basically call a time out and stretch the censor bar to make it look bigger. Can u get away with that in PG 13

  15. #45
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    They would’ve been better suited with BP2 first, imo
    Spider-Man was the next to take the lead position in the MCU, now it has to go to T’Challa.
    Depending on the story you want to tell, you don't necessarily want a lead movie to actually be first. Sometimes you actually lead from behind. I'm sure there was a good deal of though put into the order of thr movies and we'll see that after the fact. The mcu plans ahead.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •