Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Please tell me again how MCU is more versatile than DC since The Joker is rated R.

I find it just sad to see people make superficial assumption about r rated movies saying its all about masturbation jokes. Let me guess, game of thrones is all about sex? and people like Tarantino only uses r rating for shock value not for ''artistic purpose''? Same goes for 90% of war movies.

What is even R? I saw more adult friendly subjects in the 90s Marvel cartoons than I do in MCU movies. perhaps this is the reason even Spectacular Spiderman and Spiderman TAS gets more love than MCU Spiderman in the Spiderman kingdom.
    I wouldn't say ALL rated R movies are all about masturbation jokes. But I would argue that's largely the difference between a rated R and a pg13 Deadpool movie.

Why are some MCU fans and Disney acting R RATING begins and ends with Deadpool.That is not how it works. Many xmen stories deserves the r rating. Here are some I think will do better with R for solely artistic reasons

The Mutant Massacre
    The Messiah Complex saga
    The Onslaught Saga
    The Apocalypse solution
    E is for Extinction
    Age of Apocalypse

The fact that Disney wants to try and limit R only to Deadpool just shows their massive childish competence.
    None of the actual source material was age restricted, so I'm doubtful the movie translations need to be. X-Men books aren't MAX titles.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    None of the actual source material was age restricted, so I'm doubtful the movie translations need to be. X-Men books aren't MAX titles.
    Neither are DC books but DC has made r rated movies and cartoons. It's different when you want to translate something to screen. A Writer or director can look at a story, read or write it and see what best medium he would put it in. The only problem is the studio that rejects his pitch for lame reasons

THE R rating is not the problem. the studio that rejects it for lame reasons that comic films should be most importantly fun for kids is the problem.

James Mangold explains r rating

No wonder Disney has never mentioned Logan even though Logan was a better movie than Deadpool that used r more for artistic purpose but this is the same MCU that could not make a proper dystopian time travel movie with Endgame when it was just an easy thing for DOFP that was pg 13.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-27-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Neither are DC books but DC has made r rated movies and cartoons. It's different when you want to translate something to screen. A Writer or director can look at a story, read or write it and see what best medium he would put it in. The only problem is the studio that rejects his pitch for lame reasons

THE R rating is not the problem. the studio that rejects it for lame reasons that comic films should be most importantly fun for kids is the problem.

No wonder Disney has never mentioned Logan even though Logan was a better movie than Deadpool that used r more for artistic purpose.
    Sure, you can theoretically translate any story into an R rated one if you want to. BUt if the story wasn't originally R rated, I don't think you can legitimately be critical for a movie adaptation of it not being R rated. There is no inherent obigation to make kid friendly stories into R rated movies. It's a possible option certainly... but going PG 13 for a story that was never actually intended to be an adult story is just as valid.

If we're talking about source material which was intended to be R rated, like say Jessica Jones, I'd find that a more valid arguement. But all the X-Men stories you mentioned can easily be told in a PG 13 format, just as the original story was.

Sure, you can theoretically translate any story into an R rated one if you want to. BUt if the story wasn't originally R rated, I don't think you can legitimately be critical for a movie adaptation of it not being R rated. There is no inherent obigation to make kid friendly stories into R rated movies. It's a possible option certainly... but going PG 13 for a story that was never actually intended to be an adult story is just as valid.

It is not black and white to say that the story is originally not R rated. There are many marvel comics that have blood, sex scenes, adult subject matters, dark comic tones and world settings that once you put it in a live action would be classified R by the film board of classifications or Classification and Ratings Administration (MPAA),

If we're talking about source material which was intended to be R rated, like say Jessica Jones, I'd find that a more valid arguement. But all the X-Men stories you mentioned can easily be told in a PG 13 format, just as the original story was.
    the same way MCU can choose to dumb jessica jones or daredevil down in films. Those xmen stories can be easily pg 13, but may work better as R on screen to capture the story elements more since R makes you push your story limits and that was what those comics I mentioned did. The director has every right to decide what he wants. R , Pg 13 or U

This discussion is becoming so cringe worthy for me to see some MCU fans trying to downplay why people use R. Why isn't this a big deal in the DC kingdom.

Does Marvel even still exist? All I see now are full on Disney movies with Disney talking points. I don't see Marvel anywhere. DOFP, Logan, Deadpool are still marvel movies right?
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-27-2019 at 08:40 PM.

It is not black and white to say that the story is originally R rated. There are many marvel comics that have blood, sex scenes, adult subject matters, dark comic tones and world settings that once you put it in a live action would be classified R by the film board of classifications.

the same way MCU can choose to dumb jessica jones or daredevil down in films. Those xmen stories can be easily pg 13, but may work better as R on screen to capture the story elements more since R makes you push your story limits and that was what those comics I mentioned did.
    Wow, this dicussion is becoming so cringe worthy for me to see MCU fans trying to downplay why people use R. why isn't this a big deal in the DC kingdom.

Does Marvel even still exist? all I see now are full on Disney movies with Disney talking points. I don't see Marvel anywhere. DOFP, Logan, Deadpool are still marvel movies right?
    I'm sorry you find it so cringe to consider a story that an 11 year old can buy in a comic book stand can be watched on the big screen by an 11 year old. Makes sense to me...

If the source material is INTENDED to be viewed only by adults then yes, you can make a valid arguement that turning it PG 13 tones it down (an arguement that can be applied to the original Jessica Jones series, but not X-Men or Daredevil). If you happen to want to see R rated versions of X-Men stories, cool... absolutely nothing wrong with that. But to argue marvel is somehow doing something wrong by not translating a story meant for children into a movie which can only be seen by adults frankly is silly.

I'm sorry you find it so cringe to consider a story that an 11 year old can buy in a comic book stand can be watched on the big screen by an 11 year old. Makes sense to me...

So a 11 year old boy can have access to a comic book that has blood, sex scenes, adult subject matters, dark comic tones like Astonishing X-men and Messiah complex?

If the source material is INTENDED to be viewed only by adults then yes, you can make a valid arguement that turning it PG 13 tones it down (an arguement that can be applied to the original Jessica Jones series, but not X-Men or Daredevil). If you happen to want to see R rated versions of X-Men stories, cool... absolutely nothing wrong with that. But to argue marvel is somehow doing something wrong by not translating a story meant for children into a movie which can only be seen by adults frankly is silly.
    Wait, DOFP, Logan, Deadpool are still marvel films right from the source material. O mine, look at this xmen comic with the wordings called sex and violence that 11 year kids apparently have access too.

d9574483-2d75-4bb6-bbd5-2eef6722f9c1.jpg

What of Sam Raimi's Spiderman movies that threw blows every now and then. that was pg 13 to the holland's spiderman that disney wouldn't even let Spiderman throw blows at his opponents. So the Raimi's Spiderman movies are now r rated spiderman films by disney's standard. Has Spiderman ever knocked out his opponents with his fist in the comics?

Okay now I am confused about how all the marvel movies like Spiderman 2, DOFP, Deadpool and Logan succeeded staying far away from Disney with no single complaint from marvel fans on their ratings.

Please tell me again why DC makes r rated movies with not one single complains for their fans. I am so confused, am I talking about marvel comic stories or disney movies? because they are so not the same thing. it is wrong for marvel to STILL not go r rated if there is more evidence the Story would work better as R.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-27-2019 at 09:07 PM.

So a 11 year old boy can have access to a comic book that has blood, sex scenes, adult subject matters, dark comic tones like Astonishing X-men and Messiah complex?

Wait, DOFP, Logan, Deadpool are still marvel films right from the source material. O mine, look at this xmen comic with the wordings called sex and violence that 11 year kids apparently have access too.

d9574483-2d75-4bb6-bbd5-2eef6722f9c1.jpg

What of Sam Raimi Spiderman movies that threw blows every now and then. that was pg 13 to the holland's spiderman that disney wouldn't even let Spiderman throw blows at his opponents. So the Raimi's Spiderman movies are now r rated spiderman films by disney's standard. Has Spiderman ever knocked out his opponents with his fist?

Okay now I am confused about how all the marvel movies like Spiderman 2, DOFP, Deadpool and Logan succeeded staying far away from Disney with no single complaint from marvel fans.

Please tell me again why DC makes r rated movies and comic movies with not one single complains for their fans I am so confused, am I talking about marvel comic stories or disney movies?. DC fans please help me out here with your joker films ans your killing joke animations.
    There can be adult themes, sex, blood, and dark tones in comics, tv shows, and movies which are not R rated. The point being there are very specific things which can land a movie or a comic book an R rating, and none of Claremonts stories every earned that. In theory, the same should be true for any movie adaptations of his work. Days of Future Past was arguably one of the darker classic X-Men stories, but it translated into a PG13 movie and it was fine. The same should theoretically hold true for many if not all of the otehr X-Men stories you mentioned.

As far as your confusion about DC makig R rated movies without complaints... I'm more confused than you are, since I don't know what the heck you're talking about. All Im saying is that it's silly to be critical of a movie not having an R rating when the original source material didn't. If someone wants to turn a story an 11 year old can read into an adult film, more power to them... never said they can't. But if they don't, that's fine too. I don't see too many complaints over Days of Future Past not being R rated, and I don't expect any if an Age of Apocalpse or Messiah Complex movie isn't R rated either. Why any of this is confusing to you, I don't know... seems simple enough to me.

BANNED

That's the beauty of a PG-13 movie, as opposed to a G rated one. You can go past 5 all the up to 13. Though ironically I'm fairly sure the most appreciate demographic for masturbation jokes with baby-sized hands are 13 year olds.
    This conversation has turned weird. I don’t even know how to respond.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    This conversation has turned weird. I don’t even know how to respond.
    He’s saying that the jokes are immature, and 13 year olds tell immature jokes.

Wait we really have to explain, That X-force, Sex and Violence has no explicit sex scenes despite name so fine for a younger reader . While Alias has Luke Cage and Jessica Jones having anal sex so Jessica can feel dirty not appropriate for younger readers and that is why it is Max series. The large majority comics would fall under PG-13 label. Let's be clear mainstream comics don't have nudity, simulated sex or cursing. So only thing that puts into R territory is violence. People don't care about "cartoon" violence so comic violence larger gets ignored despite how violent it is in reality.

There is a gray area people decide to handle violence on big screen where people do care about violence for their kids and it effects what countries movies can be shown in. Wolverine stabs man in head with no blood is fine.That is actual PG 13. Wolverine stabs man in the head some blood comes out.The scene is rated R. Both are the same act of violence. If you can use same act of violence and get more people to see movie then obvious is choice is to let more people see your movie. Movies are clever for example Taken, Live Free or Die hard and Expendables 3 are PG 13. And they are violent movies how did they escape the R rating don't show blood and cut away from the bodies.

This is hilarious convo because The Dark Knight losing nothing and it is PG-13. All this talk of a movie needing to be rated R and we have "mature and dark" respected movie in The Dark Knight. We have Joker slamming a man head into a pencil. You can perfectly fine mature PG movies in Dark Knight and the Nolan Batman series,The Wolverine, Days of Future Past,etc. You don't have to go the extreme to tell a dark story. Why are pretending that we need blood squirting everywhere and cursing to tell a mature story. Anyways I am done this going to lead back to dumb convo where you show Killmonger shooting and killing his girlfriend and then Klaw, Hawkeye slitting a man throat, Thor beheading Thanos, Yondu murdering his whole crew and the dumb response back is "Well Yeah Fox or some other studio is done darker".
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-27-2019 at 10:44 PM.

That about sums it up.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

No wonder Disney has never mentioned Logan even though Logan was a better movie than Deadpool that used r more for artistic purpose but this is the same MCU that could not make a proper dystopian time travel movie with Endgame when it was just an easy thing for DOFP that was pg 13.
    What do you mean Dinsey has never mentioned Logan? What are they suppose to say?

Kevin Feige said he loves the movie and thought it was amazing if he counts. But I'm lost on why it matters if Disney ever mentioned a movie or in what context? Maybe I missed something

Oy everytime I pop back in these conversations are getting more scattered.

The argument will spread to every thread until you give up and admit that Marvel Studios = SATAN.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Which is better than telling jokes for 5 years old.
    TIL: jokes about “America’s ass” are for 5 year olds.