Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    The argument will spread to every thread until you give up and admit that Marvel Studios = SATAN.
    Weak. Chtulu was way more R rated and dark. Satan is exactly the kind of kid friendly demon an immature MCU lover would cite.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    There can be adult themes, sex, blood, and dark tones in comics, tv shows, and movies which are not R rated. The point being there are very specific things which can land a movie or a comic book an R rating, and none of Claremonts stories every earned that. .
    And there can be adult themes, sex, blood, and dark tones in comics, tv shows, and movies that are R rated too. Its the director and writer's decision to choose but since Disney has no creative freedom, you are downplaying things.

none of Claremonts stories every earned that. In theory, the same should be true for any movie adaptations of his work.
    Now is about only Claremont stories? Not Xmen? how many Cable, Deadpool and X-force stories did Claremont write? Claremont classics like God Loves, Man Kills , The Mutant Massacre, The Brood and Mutant Genesis can be rated R as well as pg 13.

New Mutants is a Claremont story and fox toiled for months if it would be pg 13 or R. Marvel fans were kind of sad when Fox said it would be pg 13, since marvel fans felt a demon saga adaption would be better as R because its a horror story.
    Days of Future Past was arguably one of the darker classic X-Men stories, but it translated into a PG13 movie and it was fine.
    After deadpool and logan, I am sure Fox would have considered making DOFP R if the director wanted to do it. I highlighted the director because this is about creative freedom and what the director thinks works best.

As far as your confusion about DC makig R rated movies without complaints... I'm more confused than you are, since I don't know what the heck you're talking about.
    Because ever since disney bought marvel , DC has become more creative than marvel.

If someone wants to turn a story an 11 year old can read into an adult film, more power to them... never said they can't. But if they don't, that's fine too.
    why do you keep saying 11 year old boys are watching adult films when the same 11 year old boys can still pick the source material from the newstand that have enough content to make an R Rated movie. what would you say about a 11 year old boy that picks up astonishing xmen, x-fans used to call Sex-Men due to the heavy adult content. what different does it make translating that to screen? if the 11 year old boy already has access to the source material? let him just not watch it on film since it is rated R on film.

I don't see too many complaints over Days of Future Past not being R rated, and I don't expect any if an Age of Apocalpse or Messiah Complex movie isn't R rated either. Why any of this is confusing to you, I don't know... seems simple enough to me.
    There won't be any complaints if DOFP was R or pg 13 because marvel fans knows it can work both ways, How did Wolverine die in the DOFP comics again? marvel fans would be happy with both. mcu fans as yourself don't seem happy with a possible r rated DOFP because Disney would never do it.

All Im saying is that it's silly to be critical of a movie not having an R rating when the original source material didn't.
    The source material factually has enough content that justifies R as was proven with the deadpool comics, the demon bear horror saga , old man logan and the death of wolverine comics. I have already proven it further by posting the xforce story line of sex and violence and the messiah complex trilogy. Second Coming the last graphic novel in that saga would be R. If fox was still around and they found a good director like Mangold who made Logan and Mathew Vaughn who made the R rated Kick Ass . I guarantee you since both directors have already made xmen movies and r rated movies, both directors would likely favor the messiah complexes movies as r rated, same for the mutant massacre, a Claremont story.

All what I am reading here is a MCU fan playing down R Rated movies not because it is actually bad for comics movies but because the studio that makes MCU movies can't do it. Its sad to see marvel fall this low, we are now remolding the marvel universe just to make sure it fits the juvenile disney forumla, I find it more pathetic than sad for marvel if I am to be honest.

BANNED

I have never witnessed anyone referencing X-Men as "Sex-Men". LOL?

I need to get a job where a lot of you work. They hiring? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    And there can be adult themes, sex, blood, and dark tones in comics, tv shows, and movies that are R rated too. Its the director and writer's decision to choose but since Disney has no creative freedom, you are downplaying things.

Now is about only Claremont stories? Not Xmen? how many Cable, Deadpool and X-force stories did Claremont write? Claremont classics like God Loves, Man Kills , The Mutant Massacre, The Brood and Mutant Genesis can be rated R as well as pg 13.

New Mutants is a Claremont story and fox toiled for months if it would be pg 13 or R. Marvel fans were kind of sad when Fox said it would be pg 13, since marvel fans felt a demon saga adaption would be better as R because its a horror story.

After deadpool and logan, I am sure Fox would have considered making DOFP R if the director wanted to do it. I highlighted the director because this is about creative freedom and what the director thinks works best.

Because ever since disney bought marvel , DC has become more creative than marvel.

why do you keep saying 11 year old boys are watching adult films when the same 11 year old boys can still pick the source material from the newstand that have enough content to make an R Rated movie. what would you say about a 11 year old boy that picks up astonishing xmen, x-fans used to call Sex-Men due to the heavy adult content. what different does it make translating that to screen? if the 11 year old boy already has access to the source material? let him just not watch it on film since it is rated R on film.

There won't be any complaints if DOFP was R or pg 13 because marvel fans knows it can work both ways, How did Wolverine die in the DOFP comics again? marvel fans would be happy with both. mcu fans as yourself don't seem happy with a possible r rated DOFP because Disney would never do it.

The source material factually has enough content that justifies R as was proven with the deadpool comics, the demon bear horror saga , old man logan and the death of wolverine comics. I have already proven it further by posting the xforce story line of sex and violence and the messiah complex trilogy. Second Coming the last graphic novel in that saga would be R. If fox was still around and they found a good director like Mangold who made Logan and Mathew Vaughn who made the R rated Kick Ass . I guarantee you since both directors have already made xmen movies and r rated movies, both directors would likely favor the messiah complexes movies as r rated, same for the mutant massacre, a Claremont story.

All what I am reading here is a MCU fan playing down R Rated movies not because it is actually bad for comics movies but because the studio that makes MCU movies can't do it. Its sad to see marvel fall this low, we are now remolding the marvel universe just to make sure it fits the juvenile disney forumla, I find it more pathetic than sad for marvel if I am to be honest.
    The content the 11 year old is picking up from the news stand isn't R rated... that's the point. An 11 year old can buy it. Thus, if the source material isn't restricted to only adults in theory the movie adaptation doesn't need to be either. It CAN be if they choose... ANYTHING can be adapted to an R rated if one feels like it. But there's no inherent obigation to do so.

If we were talkign about a MAX title, that would be different. The source material specifically is made for adults ONLY, and making it available to minors would necessitate toning it down. But the same can't be said for X-Men stories, which are designed for children to be able to read it. Doesn't mean it can't have some darker tones or adult themes... comic books and PG13 movies can have those. But it's not a product restricted only to adults.

You may think that some of the material in the X-Men books should be age restricted... but the point being Marvel doesn't. So applying that same content to a PG13 format works just fine for them.

And if all you're reading here is a MCU fan playing down R rated movies, then you need to bother reading what I'm actually saying. That might be why you are confused. You're imaging things I didn't say, and then you're arguing with me over it. I'm not playing down R rated movies in the slightest. Don't have an issue with Fox doing it, and I wouldn't care if Marvel hypothetically did. All I'm saying AGAIN is that it is silly to be critical of marvel not making R rated movies out of source material that wasn't restricted only to adults. If they can tell the story appropriate to kids in the comics, they can tell it on the big screen too. I'm not sure why you're so confused about this notion because it's pretty simply... a comic book that an 11 year old can read becomes a comic book that a 11 year old can watch in a threater.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    TIL: jokes about “America’s ass” are for 5 year olds.
    I hope you’re kiddy. There is more risky stuff on regular TV than in any MCU movie. A family friendly Deadpool would be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Weak. Chtulu was way more R rated and dark. Satan is exactly the kind of kid friendly demon an immature MCU lover would cite.
    Please, Cthuhu, that sleepyhead? Nyarlathotep is the boss of R rated dark devilhood.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Please, Cthuhu, that sleepyhead? Nyarlathotep is the boss of R rated dark devilhood.
    I was exposed! It's true, I'm a weak, MCU loving, G rated nerd! I can't appreciate real sophistication.....like Wolverine Origins. Or the highbrow dick jokes of Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I hope you’re kiddy. There is more risky stuff on regular TV than in any MCU movie. A family friendly Deadpool would be ridiculous.
    I honestly don't know if I consider "risky" humor to be a cornerstone of Deadpool comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I was exposed! It's true, I'm a weak, MCU loving, G rated nerd! I can't appreciate real sophistication.....like Wolverine Origins. Or the highbrow dick jokes of Deadpool.
    Nerd!

I like the R rated superhero stuff, the PG-13 hero stuff, hell I even like the truly G rated stuff (I also like the XXX rated stuff but let's not talk about that here). I just hope there continues to be a variety going forward of ratings, styles, and mediums (there is a criminal lack of big budget DC/Marvel animated superhero films for theaters). But this thread's been a hoot to watch.

Will all the humor be neutered? Most definitely.
    Hyper-violence gone? Count on it.

Me? I would buy a few copies of the two original-true DP movies because they will make "Disney-cuts" to it for future editions. Remember how fans lost their **** over the whole, "Han shot first" fuckery that Lucas did? It's coming again.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Will all the humor be neutered? Most definitely.
    Hyper-violence gone? Count on it.

Me? I would buy a few copies of the two original-true DP movies because they will make "Disney-cuts" to it for future editions. Remember how fans lost their **** over the whole, "Han shot first" fuckery that Lucas did? It's coming again.
    The thing is, I honestly don't think Deadpool is really hyper violent.

Honestly I think the only that stands between a Deadpool pg13 movie and a Deadpool R rated movie is 2-3 masturbation jokes.

So I get to repeat it again

Joker slams a man head into pencil but they quickly cutaway that is PG 13. Joker slam man head into pencil you see it stick out of his head that is rated R.

Wolverine and woman have a simulated sex act that is rated R
    Wolverine and woman go into a room they start to kiss and take off clothes, They cut away to outside where you hear moaning, Wolverine wakes up naked but the sheet is covering him, Woman is also naked but strategically covered that is PG 13

Wolverine slits a man throat, He holds his throat blood squirts out that is rated R
    Wolverine slits a man throat, He holds his throat and drops to the ground that PG 13

Nick Fury says mother f**er no censor that is rated R
    Nick Fury says mother F...but disappears that is PG13

Both things are the same thing. You can tell the same story found in a book you can choose how you manage violence and sex. Dark Knight proves you can tell a mature dark story without having to be rated R. Arguing that Deadpool or Wolverine needs to be rated R is false. We have movies the very people love to point out as being great as examples that you CAN tell some dark and gritty stories without having to be R.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing is, I honestly don't think Deadpool is really hyper violent.

Honestly I think the only that stands between a Deadpool pg13 movie and a Deadpool R rated movie is 2-3 masturbation jokes.
    -DP's balls getting shoved into Cable's face in the truck fight scene. While I thought that was typical DP material, that's a no-no.
    -Vanessa putting a strap-0n to Wade in the first movie? I think I cried from the laughter but that never gets even story-boarded...NOW.
    -DP two-handed grabbing Colossus's ass so...enthusiastically?
    -DP saws his arm from his hand to escape Colossus's handcuffs.

See what I'm getting at here? I can't see those types of things ever happen again. DP will feel different.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Nerd!

I like the R rated superhero stuff, the PG-13 hero stuff, hell I even like the truly G rated stuff (I also like the XXX rated stuff but let's not talk about that here). I just hope there continues to be a variety going forward of ratings, styles, and mediums (there is a criminal lack of big budget DC/Marvel animated superhero films for theaters). But this thread's been a hoot to watch.
    I agree. I love some of the Marvel cartoons I get to watch with my kids and others are kinda bad (looking at you Guardians) and I love the MCU despite a few snoozers mixed in there. The fact that we'll now have this as a combo of TV and movies (with one hell of a varied slate on the horizon) is really exciting.

I'm an X-men fan first and foremost and I'm jealous of the brilliance Disney is pulling off. When creative minds who get the characters (like Reynolds and DP) have free reign they get to tell some badass stories. I only hope the engine is still humming when the X-men get their turn.