Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    -DP's balls getting shoved into Cable's face in the truck fight scene. While I thought that was typical DP material, that's a no-no.
    -Vanessa putting a strap-0n to Wade in the first movie? I think I cried from the laughter but that never gets even story-boarded...NOW.
    -DP two-handed grabbing Colossus's ass so...enthusiastically?
    -DP saws his arm from his hand to escape Colossus's handcuffs.

See what I'm getting at here? I can't see those types of things ever happen again. DP will feel different.
    It would be different? Yeah, But would it be a bad movie? No. You lose some potty humor to gain a wider audience in the movie theater and have basically the same movie those are just gags they don't make the movie. You can have an R rated cut for home video. If the intent of the movie isn't changed it doesn't have to be R. They were going specifically for raunchy humor because they were trying to hit that market niche but that is not only way Deadpool can work.

I remember scene from Punisher season 1 where Kingpin crushes the man head with a car door, It is the first time you use the Kingpin get violent and sheer brutality makes you realize that Kingpin is really a monster. That is scene that makes a movie or show have to be R because there is no way to convey that without being that brutal. It not being in the show change how you view Kingpin. It is not violence for violence sake it pushes the story. When something like that happens yeah a movie should be R. If you can convey the same violence without being as explicit then you have a choice which way you want to go.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-28-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing is, I honestly don't think Deadpool is really hyper violent.

Honestly I think the only that stands between a Deadpool pg13 movie and a Deadpool R rated movie is 2-3 masturbation jokes.
    Really? Guy getting splattered on a billboard/road-sign in the first movie, DP sawing his hand off to escape, actually showing bullet wounds and the like instead of quick cutaways, all the blood. Heck most of the death scenes that happened to X-Force in the second movie from what I can remember, or when DP falls and breaks his back, or when he gets torn in half by Juggernaut. Deadpool is legit hyper violent, you really can't argue against it. Sure, you could tell the same story without showing the wounds, the blood, cutting away from the uber bloody bits, but you'd lose something that the fans have come to enjoy about the series I think. I mean, there isn't an R rated movie on earth that couldn't be re-shot or edited as a PG13 picture and tell the exact same story, but R rated movies exist because sometimes people like seeing the blood and messed up parts, and I really think there should be a space in superhero movies for R rated fun, and Deadpool is kind of a perfect vehicle for that sort of film.

Does Deadpool need to be R rated? Of course not.
    Do some of us love the R rated stuff in Deadpool and find it fun? You better believe it.

I hope Disney lets Deadpool stay R and allows more R rated superhero films elsewhere as well. Like I said, I love having a variety of ratings and content, so a light sprinkling of R films in an otherwise PG13 genre or shared-movie-universe is nice.

Astonishing Member

It'd be a dumb move. Deadpool's doing just fine as a rated R property. No need to Expendables it up.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    It'd be a dumb move. Deadpool's doing just fine as a rated R property. No need to Expendables it up.
    While it's doing fine as an R rated movie, POTENTIALLY a PG 13 movie will do better. Obviously the movie itself can have a wider audience. But beyond that, marketing to younger people opens up toys and merchandise. At least from a business standpoint, there's reason to consider making it PG 13.

While it's doing fine as an R rated movie, POTENTIALLY a PG 13 movie will do better. Obviously the movie itself can have a wider audience. But beyond that, marketing to younger people opens up toys and merchandise. At least from a business standpoint, there's reason to consider making it PG 13.
    This is true but it also understand people not wanting that. Business aspect makes total sense but maybe just let Reynolds finish Deadpool how he wants to and then start over in a few years inside the MCU.. unless What Reynolds really wants is to be inside the MCU but the guy willed that franchise into existence and carried the franchise on his back. Maybe just let him finish how he wants. I feel like hes deserved it and worst case scenario you get a profitable movie out of Fox(if they close them down what other Studios cant they release Deadpool through? )

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    If MCU is so versatile. Why make Deadpool pg 13 after 2 successful r rated movies? I don't understand this massive contradiction from some mcu fans that claims mcu is versatile but now want to subject deadpool to the disney formula of kid friendly pg 13 and that is kid friendly pg 13.

Its better for disney, not deadpool or pushing the film making envelope. we the Deadpool fans are putting deadpool and film making first before Disney.

I am sure Ryan knew deadpool audiences would be limited, but he still chose the art first. disney cant because all their movies are more processed factory driven than artistically driven.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-29-2019 at 12:18 AM.

This is what is stopping Disney from ever making the best xmen movies, its spiderman reloaded. Disney make movies that is best for Disney, not movies that is best for the property. The only thing is Disney is buying all this properties, xmen, star wars, spiderman that already have movies way above and more daring than the generic disney formula movies and Deadpool is one of the biggest ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    This is true but it also understand people not wanting that. Business aspect makes total sense but maybe just let Reynolds finish Deadpool how he wants to and then start over in a few years inside the MCU.. unless What Reynolds really wants is to be inside the MCU but the guy willed that franchise into existence and carried the franchise on his back. Maybe just let him finish how he wants. I feel like hes deserved it and worst case scenario you get a profitable movie out of Fox(if they close them down what other Studios cant they release Deadpool through? )
    The easiest compromise would be to just do both. Release a pg 13 version in theaters, then an unrated directors cut on DVD.

The easiest compromise would be to just do both. Release a pg 13 version in theaters, then an unrated directors cut on DVD.
    All this discussions but no one has ever asked the real question. Why can't Disney just make r rated movies? why is it so hard for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    All this discussions but no one has ever asked the real question. Why can't Disney just make r rated movies? why is it so hard for them?
    They do just not under the Disney Banner. Miramax use to be Disney Buean Vista I think was another Disney one. But anyway According to Feige Disney never told him he cant make a R Rated movie but that he also hasnt had a reason to make a R rated film. Disney itself is branded as being family friendly, so you never gonna see a Hard R Deadpool movie with a Disney logo slapped on it.

FIrstly, they do make R rated movies. They just don't necessarily put the Disney label on them.

Secondly, it's not an issue of whether or not they can or can't make an R rated movie. Is issue is whether or not they need to, and whether or not it's smart to. Just because you can doesn't necessarily mean you should.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    They do just not under the Disney Banner. Miramax use to be Disney Buean Vista I think was another Disney one. But anyway According to Feige Disney never told him he cant make a R Rated movie but that he also hasnt had a reason to make a R rated film. Disney itself is branded as being family friendly, so you never gonna see a Hard R Deadpool movie with a Disney logo slapped on it.
    FIrstly, they do make R rated movies. They just don't necessarily put the Disney label on them.

Secondly, it's not an issue of whether or not they can or can't make an R rated movie. Is issue is whether or not they need to, and whether or not it's smart to. Just because you can doesn't necessarily mean you should.

Doesn't this mean that MCU movies are disney movies? Looking at marvel comics, marvel studios should have gotten a Miramax and Buean Vista treatment, But Disney does not see comic stories as a serious art form, they see it as a means to sell toys to children. No wonder MCU movies kind of suck in a childish sense when you compare them to other marvel films like Logan or Spiderman 2 because you get more marvel from those movies than MCU movies that you get Disney.

If Disney brands itself as family friendly , something I don't know what it means, they should not have bought Marvel especially X-Men, Daredevil, Punisher and more. Why does X-Men and Deadpool have to suffer for Disney's limited range when their source material are factually not limited or don't qualify as family friendly as Disney defines the term.

If Disney is buying all this IPs, Disney has to expand their content. it is disney that has to adapt to these IPs, not the IPs adapting to Disney. This is why their star wars line has bombed. this is also why their spiderman movies never touched the Raimi movies. Now they want to water down Deadpool to GOTG because they are family friendly? It won't work.

Funny that the only reason marvel comics became a bigger hit than DC in the 60s, 70s and 80s and beyond was because they broke out of the comic book family friendly stories to be more daring. Where is that marvel? we need it back ASAP.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-30-2019 at 08:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Doesn't this mean that MCU movies are disney movies? Looking at marvel comics, marvel studios should have gotten a Miramax and Buean Vista treatment, But Disney does not see comic stories as a serious art form, they see it as a means to sell toys to children. No wonder MCU movies kind of suck in a childish sense when you compare them to other marvel films like Logan or Spiderman 2 because you get more marvel from those movies than MCU movies that you get Disney.

If Disney brand itself as family friendly , which I dont know what it means, they should not have bought Marvel especially X-Men, Daredevil, Punisher and more. Why does X-Men and Deadpool have to suffer for Disney's limited range when their source material are factually not limited or don't qualify as family friendly as Disney defines the term.

If Disney is buying all this IPs, Disney has to expand their content. it is disney that has to adapt to these IPs, not the IPs adapting to Disney. This is why their star wars line has bombed. this is also why their spiderman movies never touched the Raimi movies and this is why I can't watch any marvel cartoon on Disney XD. Now they want to water down Deadpool to GOTG? It won't work.
    This seems like more an issue for you and your personal tastes than an issue for Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    This seems like more an issue for you and your personal tastes than an issue for Disney.
    Does it help that my personal taste comes from Marvel's source material? It's an issue for Disney because they are the people buying these IPs and rebranding them in a way that is not good for the IP or necessary.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-30-2019 at 08:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Does it help that my personal taste comes from Marvel's source material? It's an issue for Disney because they are the people buying these IPs and rebranding them in a way that is not good for the IP or necessary.
    They seem to make a lot of money and a lot of people seem to like them so it doesn't seem like a real issue for Disney or for most of the general audience.