Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Default Fixing Endgame's two underused characters?

I agree halfway with this Thortalk guy. MCU Thor is too much of a goofball compared to 616 Thor. The Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon is still the best rappresentation of Thor outside of the 616 comics imo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyFNAN2SZHY

However, giving more room to Thor and Hulk would have robbed MCU Cap and Iron Man of their final moment of awesome. I know Hulk fans are frustrated that he never got a rematch against Thanos but that's how the MCU rolls, for better or worse.

Personally i never had big issues with MCU Thor's power levels, especially after Infinity War gave him impressive feats. However, him getting knocked out by a simple taser? I DO have issues with that.

Cap and tony were never my favorite characters in this franchise; hulk and Thor were. Based on what i’d Heard about their character arcs going forward, I wasn’t really interested in seeing them get nerfed in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Cap and tony were never my favorite characters in this franchise; hulk and Thor were. Based on what i’d Heard about their character arcs going forward, I wasn’t really interested in seeing them get nerfed in this movie.
    I also had issues with Thanos pwning Thor and yet struggling with Carol Danvers even though she was never stronger than Thor in the comics.

Eh, I have no interest in a Hulk-Thanos rematch. And I dont think it really would have gone any differently in Endgame either.

Thanos never uses the gauntlet when he fights Hulk in Infinity War. He's just stronger and better trained. I've seen people complain about that but we're talking about Thanos; he should be beyond the power of any one Avenger (and Abomination was a stronger, better fighter too). And more to the point, how many times has Hulk's big moment been a fight where he gets to smash something? Pretty much every big moment the character has had right? But in Endgame, the big moment is Hulk saving half the universe with his own Snap. The ultimate destroyer gets to be purely heroic and save lives, rather than crush them. And that whole "it's like I was made for this" moment brings everything back around to Avengers 1 where Tony and Banner are talking about the accident that created Hulk happening for a reason. I really like that, and would prefer that to yet another showing of how Hulk is the strongest there is. Not to mention, isn't Professor Hulk a little weaker than regular Hulk? I know Prof Hulk is physically smaller, and if he's not quite as strong the fight with Thanos isn't going to be any different than it was the first time. I wish we had gotten to see more of Banner's development and arc though; we don't get to see the process of becoming Professor Hulk, which is a shame.

And I think a Thanos rematch works best for Thor in this instance too. Yeah, Endgame had a few too many fat jokes and Thor himself is a mess for a good chunk of the movie (which is fitting giving what he's gone through but it *was* slightly overdone). But I think we needed a straight up fight between them. Thor has fought Thanos more than any other Avenger, but never had a real battle; the first time he's without a weapon, the next two times he sneak attacks the Man Titan. I think Thor needed to confront his bogey man in a honest fight and test his mettle in order to get back to who he was and heal those emotional wounds.

Plus, yknow, Avengers Trinity fight with Thanos had to happen too.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

That video is probably the best example of "Comic fans don't get what the public actually likes" cause boy would that not work with the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    That video is probably the best example of "Comic fans don't get what the public actually likes" cause boy would that not work with the public.
    I'm just tired of seeing my favorite Marvel hero being used as the butt of juvenile jokes.

Also he needs the Shakespeare speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Eh, I have no interest in a Hulk-Thanos rematch. And I dont think it really would have gone any differently in Endgame either.

Thanos never uses the gauntlet when he fights Hulk in Infinity War. He's just stronger and better trained. I've seen people complain about that but we're talking about Thanos; he should be beyond the power of any one Avenger (and Abomination was a stronger, better fighter too). And more to the point, how many times has Hulk's big moment been a fight where he gets to smash something? Pretty much every big moment the character has had right? But in Endgame, the big moment is Hulk saving half the universe with his own Snap. The ultimate destroyer gets to be purely heroic and save lives, rather than crush them. And that whole "it's like I was made for this" moment brings everything back around to Avengers 1 where Tony and Banner are talking about the accident that created Hulk happening for a reason. I really like that, and would prefer that to yet another showing of how Hulk is the strongest there is. Not to mention, isn't Professor Hulk a little weaker than regular Hulk? I know Prof Hulk is physically smaller, and if he's not quite as strong the fight with Thanos isn't going to be any different than it was the first time. I wish we had gotten to see more of Banner's development and arc though; we don't get to see the process of becoming Professor Hulk, which is a shame.

And I think a Thanos rematch works best for Thor in this instance too. Yeah, Endgame had a few too many fat jokes and Thor himself is a mess for a good chunk of the movie (which is fitting giving what he's gone through but it *was* slightly overdone). But I think we needed a straight up fight between them. Thor has fought Thanos more than any other Avenger, but never had a real battle; the first time he's without a weapon, the next two times he sneak attacks the Man Titan. I think Thor needed to confront his bogey man in a honest fight and test his mettle in order to get back to who he was and heal those emotional wounds.

Plus, yknow, Avengers Trinity fight with Thanos had to happen too.
    I agree, Thor should have offed Thanos with an epic God Blast/Anti-Force beam. It would have made the fat jokes more bearable if he had a really great showing against Thanos.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I'm just tired of seeing my favorite Marvel hero being used as the butt of juvenile jokes.

Also he needs the Shakespeare speak.

Your fave might be a lame-o for nerds.

Sometimes that's just the luck of the draw.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

To be honest I would have preferred if they just cut most of Thor's parts out and gave more time to Nebula, who was the best character in the movie.

Oh, and Ant-Man.
    Baby Thanos

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yeah, Thor didn't need additional time. He worked with what he was going for and he's getting a whole new movie. Who knows what's going to happen to Ant-Man going forward or even Nebula (who is, at best, a relatively minor supporting character in Guardians of the Galaxy).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

I like Thor’s story in Endgame. At least he had PTSD from his actions in Infinity War address.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yeah, Thor didn't need additional time. He worked with what he was going for and he's getting a whole new movie. Who knows what's going to happen to Ant-Man going forward or even Nebula (who is, at best, a relatively minor supporting character in Guardians of the Galaxy).
    A movie where he's going to be replaced by Aaron's darling Jane Foster. I really hope they don't maker her more competent and badass and unstoppable than Odinson.

I enjoyed Aaron's take on Foster for what it was, but i really disliked how he turned Odinson into a whiny manchild obsessed with Mjolnir who gets beaten and tortured all the time in both the Avengers and his own series. It's far from being on the level of Simonson and Defalco's runs.

Heck, Hulk has been getting more respect in comics thanks to Al Ewing.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 08-24-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    A movie where he's going to be replaced by Aaron's darling Jane Foster.
    Neither one of us has read Waitii's script.

That being said, I imagine that Thor Odinson will still get a significant amount of screentime. Probably more time than Tony Stark got in Endgame.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?