Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Orlando had a Q&A Twitter thread last night where he said his WW run will be “longer than solicited”.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I think you're doing Maggie a disservice by calling her a creator pet character. Maggie filled the role that the original Etta Candy filled, as a fun and capable sidekick to Diana.

Note also that I doubt it was up to Wilson to use Cassie or Donna in the book. Sometimes it feels like DC is the worst enemy of its writers…
    I think Wilson even said on Twitter that she wasn't allowed to do anything with Donna even if she wanted too.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Wilson even said on Twitter that she wasn't allowed to do anything with Donna even if she wanted too.
    Different editorial offices seem to be in charge of literally all three Wonder characters. Though, Bendis seems to have gotten his hands on Donna with his Secret Six idea too I guess.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Different editorial offices seem to be in charge of literally all three Wonder characters. Though, Bendis seems to have gotten his hands on Donna with his Secret Six idea too I guess.
    You mean Snyder/Willamson? Bendis has control of Cassie and he seems to be doing alright by her, but yeah the WW characters are spread between editorial groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You mean Snyder/Willamson? Bendis has control of Cassie and he seems to be doing alright by her, but yeah the WW characters are spread between editorial groups.
    Yeah, I guess I do. I dunno why I keep thinking that the Batman Who Laughs stuff is a Bendis storyline... it must be because it's so silly.

Either way the editorial groups either need to share or make up their minds. I love Donna as a Titan but if she needs to come home for a while under a good writer and editor, let her.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member

Donna has not been treated well by the WW team since PJ. Seriously. Actually, I guess Simone gave her props, but those props were thin.

Cassie, however, seems to be recognized as stalwart & awesome under Bendis. And funny. I'm not mad that all the crazy "armored-suit + thievery" stuff has been forgotten. Although she did "borrow" those bracelets and wig.

But this thread is about Steve Orlando!!! And I'm excited to see what he does.
    Last edited by Frank; 08-26-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Orlando has hinted to me on Twitter that we'll see the return of another long missing Wonder-rogue in the annual which ties into the Event Leviathan crossover. Any guesses on who it could be?
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................

Well, we haven't seen Paula von Gunther, as enemy or friend, in decades. Although Veronica Cale is basically rehashed Paula, so maybe that doesn't scratch an itch.

Lots of rogues got a little sneak peek in the Heinberg annual, but that was pre-FP/Rebirth so maybe those flash appearances don't eliminate them from "long missing" status. So ... the Mask? Minister Blizzard? The Duke of Deception?

Orlando said he’s a Minister Blizzard fan on Twitter. That could be it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm not so sure, Blizzard doesn't sound like he'd fit in with what its going on in the solicit or on the cover, but Orlando has used him before in a Batman story.
    That's good to know he may have plans to use him in a story unrelated to the annual and the Cheetah stuff!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Is there a character in comics right now that you haven’t written yet, and you look at them and you go, damn, I want to write this character. Who is that, and what spin would you put on him/her/them?

Steve Orlando: Well, for a long time, it was Wonder Woman, but I am getting to take that over long term, or at least for a longer term, starting in October.

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/in...-flamecon2019/

I tweeted him about Jimmy Palmiotti relocating WW's beach house to Ocean City*, with Etta for a housemate, ..which may be why Maggie will be left on the Island. I hope Steve keeps them, there, long enough to build the cast into something we can emotionally invest in...even become classic, in time.

GW is off to a good start, though.

*See Wonder Woman: Come Back To Me #1
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Isn't that one of the walmart giant stories? I feel like they aren't exactly in continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Is there a character in comics right now that you haven’t written yet, and you look at them and you go, damn, I want to write this character. Who is that, and what spin would you put on him/her/them?

Steve Orlando: Well, for a long time, it was Wonder Woman, but I am getting to take that over long term, or at least for a longer term, starting in October.

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/in...-flamecon2019/
    Might as well keep him long term.He wants to write her and he writes her well. Outside of the New 52/Azzarello, every other attempt to reinvent the wheel and shake things up has blown up in their face. So just stick with this.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Uh. I was already on the fence about dropping this lackluster volume of Wonder Woman, but I think this seals the deal for me; nobody makes me drop a book faster than Steve Orlando. NOBODY...
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 09-07-2019 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Isn't that one of the walmart giant stories? I feel like they aren't exactly in continuity.
    I totally didn't know that. You're probably right. Perhaps, that's why, a licensing issue, GW didn't or couldn't use Etta in her story. If that's the case, it's a shame that a Walmart promo comic has a better set up and supporting cast, than the monthly.

Anyway, hope Steve Orlando keeps Diana at the beach house, with Etta. Now, the ensemble needs a Blanche Devereaux character, like Hera or Desira.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-07-2019 at 06:36 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!