Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

For the upcoming annual, I just noticed that Paula is Helen's adopted name.
    With Orlando bringing back so many Bronze age villains so far (Aegeus, Tezkatlipoca, Inversion, Adjudicator and now Kung), maybe this is a revamped Helen Alexandros and she will replace Nessie as the Swan?

Steve Orlando was on Word Balloon (a podcast where comic book creators have one on one chats with the host), and here’s some stuff he talked about for his upcoming run:
    -The Annual sets up storylines that are going to go into the 90s issues.
    -Steve thinks WW is just as dynamic a character as Batman and wants to put her in new situations like going up against Grodd to show off different sides of her
    -Plans to “put a bow” on the storyline that began in Rucka’s The Lies which had WW and Cheetah teaming up in issue 750 which is planned to kind of complete the Rebirth arc for WW as a whole and kick off a new direction
    -Cheetah will get Amazon armor

That’s about all he said for now.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Steve Orlando was on Word Balloon (a podcast where comic book creators have one on one chats with the host), and here’s some stuff he talked about for his upcoming run:
    -Steve thinks WW is just as dynamic a character as Batman and wants to put her in new situations like going up against Grodd to show off different sides of her
    -Plans to “put a bow” on the storyline that began in Rucka’s The Lies which had WW and Cheetah teaming up in issue 750 which is planned to kind of complete the Rebirth arc for WW as a whole and kick off a new direction

Sounds like some fun stuff is coming up! Thanks for sharing!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I like the sounds of all this.

I'm hesitant to get too invested though. I'm hoping Orlando isn't kicked off for this 5G nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

I'm hesitant to get too invested though. I'm hoping Orlando isn't kicked off for this 5G nonsense.
    Ditto.

Amazon armor for Cheetah sounds fantastic, though!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

As much as I like him in, I’m doubtful Didio has enough confidence to leave him on for 5G. He’s likely a fill on writer like tynion

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Ditto.

Amazon armor for Cheetah sounds fantastic, though!
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    As much as I like him in, I’m doubtful Didio has enough confidence to leave him on for 5G. He’s likely a fill on writer like tynion
    That's what I'm thinking. I'm going to check it out, but part of me is like "why bother"? What do we have until, issue #100?

Though with the new timeline, I'm wondering why Paula is being re-introduced in the modern day when they could just have used her in her original capacity. Is her only Golden Age foe going to be Priscilla Rich?

Though with the new timeline, I'm wondering why Paula is being re-introduced in the modern day when they could just have used her in her original capacity. Is her only Golden Age foe going to be Priscilla Rich?
    They'll probably retcon all her villains back into existing during WWII once we get to the next Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    You’re probably right but DC’s writer line up is kinda sparse right now. Not really sure who would be picked to take over, unless Snyder’s Golden Age JSA is the only WW book.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They'll probably retcon all her villains back into existing during WWII once we get to the next Crisis.

That's what I'm thinking too. My guess is Orlando's story for Paula was written before DC decided on the new timeline which will come from either Doomsday Clock or The Doom War in Justice League.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

With the rumors of the original characters continuing to appear in black label books, I wonder if Orlando will write the one for Diana?

At $7.99, whoever they get better be worth it. But if they are as long as the books like Harleen and Damned, it might be fair.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

With the rumors of the original characters continuing to appear in black label books, I wonder if Orlando will write the one for Diana?

At $7.99, whoever they get better be worth it. But if they are as long as the books like Harleen and Damned, it might be fair.
    I don't know what to think. Do we really have to spend a year or more with no Diana Wonder Woman comic because of g5?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

For the upcoming annual, I just noticed that Paula is Helen's adopted name.
    With Orlando bringing back so many Bronze age villains so far (Aegeus, Tezkatlipoca, Inversion, Adjudicator and now Kung), maybe this is a revamped Helen Alexandros and she will replace Nessie as the Swan?
    Omfg yes!!!!! She’s my favorite pre-Crisis Wonder Woman villain, with Debbie Domaine’s Cheetah as a very close second.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

You’re probably right but DC’s writer line up is kinda sparse right now. Not really sure who would be picked to take over, unless Snyder’s Golden Age JSA is the only WW book.
    You know, "Wonder Woman and the Justice Society of America" is such a long, obtuse title that I absolutely want that to be what it's called.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You know, "Wonder Woman and the Justice Society of America" is such a long, obtuse title that I absolutely want that to be what it's called.
    Well, they had "Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman" earlier…

Sad DC let that fold. Some of the stories there were just delightful, and they arguably managed to show off more sides of Diana than the mainlain title usually does.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])