Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Well, they had "Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman" earlier…

Sad DC let that fold. Some of the stories there were just delightful, and they arguably managed to show off more sides of Diana than the mainlain title usually does.
    I mean current editorial has made it clear that to them, Diana is best when she's basically Red Sonja. They want her to be their sword and sorcery character. On multiple occasions I recall Dan mentioning he likes the warrior aspect of her most, which is really just a fraction of her character. It's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You know, "Wonder Woman and the Justice Society of America" is such a long, obtuse title that I absolutely want that to be what it's called.
    DC seems to really like those "insert named character" and the "insert team name" comic titles.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I mean current editorial has made it clear that to them, Diana is best when she's basically Red Sonja. They want her to be their sword and sorcery character. On multiple occasions I recall Dan mentioning he likes the warrior aspect of her most, which is really just a fraction of her character. It's a shame.
    Do they really like her warrior side that much? Because for all the talk they do about her being the greatest warrior in dc. A badass who can fight big threats. They never show it. This has happened too often since 2011. Most of the time, she is just there doing nothing importan. Even in her title this has happened very often these past years. Most of the time, Diana's presence feels like she is just filler. I don't see her mythos being explored, even in her title. We don't see her work as peace maker anymore. We don't see her interact with Cassie and Donna. We don't see her saving the day from big threats on her own , showing her powers. WW's appearances feel very underwhelming lately.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 11-19-2019 at 01:41 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Interview - “Radical Compassion:” A Conversation with Wonder Woman Writer Steve Orlando: https://comic-watch.com/news/radical...ando-exclusive

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Interview - “Radical Compassion:” A Conversation with Wonder Woman Writer Steve Orlando: https://comic-watch.com/news/radical...ando-exclusive

Thanks for sharing! My favorite teaser from the interview is this:

Amazons vs. Valkyries is coming to DC in 2020!

Diana vs. Gundra!?!?!? This sounds really interesting!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.