Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Kit Harrington to play Black Knight in the MCU Eternals film.

Just announced at D23 Expo. Incredible. This is a shower thought realized.

Can't wait to see the Ebony Blade.

This Eternals movie is all over the place. And I like it! I have no clue how BK ties into the Eternals but thatvmajes me interested even more.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    This Eternals movie is all over the place. And I like it! I have no clue how BK ties into the Eternals but thatvmajes me interested even more.
    Black Knight dated Sersi in the comics. Maybe they can get Lena to play Sersi in Eternals. That would be pretty funny.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I fell like they may use Dane as the average guy POV character that gets pulled into the crazy world of the Eternals after hooking up with Sersi.

Are we sure he's playing Dane? I'd be really happy if he is, but he could be playing Dane's ancestor considering the Eternals are long-lived.

I guess the Ebony Blade will have an Eternals origin in the MCU.
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Black Knight dated Sersi in the comics. Maybe they can get Lena to play Sersi in Eternals. That would be pretty funny.
    Gemma Chan is playing Sersi.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Sersei was having a mental breakdown due to the mental fatigue of her long life and she forged a psychic bond with Dane to help her deal with it; he was unprepared for what that entailed and it created a rift between him and Sersei, and gave rise to a sort of love triangle thing between him, Sersei, and Crystal.
    Last edited by anon_me; 08-24-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I fell like they may use Dane as the average guy POV character that gets pulled into the crazy world of the Eternals after hooking up with Sersi.
    I also want him to rock the leather jacket and energy sword. Let that ebony blade stuff stay away. I wanna see a 90's Black Knight !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Spectacular Member

They could have Sersei create the Ebony Blade as a memento of her love for the Dane's ancestor, and it passes down his line, and now he has it.

I hope they do a few things...

- One Whitman is a robotics expert. In fact to kinda take Peter's place in the MCU in case things don't work out he works for Stark Robotics now. A company ran by Happy and Pepper. Whitman is a robotics genius who builds a special energy sword for Iron Man. But Tony never uses his sword so he takes it eventually from storage area. He also creates the robotic Pegasus horse for himself.

- He's the POV character for which all this falls on. The helmet has been passed down for generations and his ancestor was called "The Black Knight".

- The Eternals come to Earth with Sersi (who is a half God in this). They are looking for Thor to help against the villains but now they have this mortal man who steps up. (Dane can admit he idolizes Captain America hence why he does this).

- The Ebony blade can swing the tide of battle for sure as Dane gets it. But it also has a curse which can drive the welder mad. The fact its said his ancestor went mad over using it has Whitman scared. He locks it away in the end and like a drug it calls to him a lot...wanting him to keep using it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

So who are the gay characters then? Its clear the Hercules Rumors were false. I dont even know who's everyone's playing but if they made Slama Hayek and Jolies characters the gay couple...... well I bet you get way less Bigots complaining about it.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are we sure he's playing Dane? I'd be really happy if he is, but he could be playing Dane's ancestor considering the Eternals are long-lived.

I guess the Ebony Blade will have an Eternals origin in the MCU.

Gemma Chan is playing Sersi.
    I was wondering that too. He could be playing the original Black Knight way in the past and we just see him for a little bit in the movie showing how the Eternals have been operating through time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about the costumes.

They look like okay adaptions of their comic looks but they also look too uniform and samey.

Boisterously Confused

Prediction: Black Knight will be DINO, continuing Marvel Studios penchant for in-name-only characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about the costumes.

They look like okay adaptions of their comic looks but they also look too uniform and samey.
    It makes sense the Eternals will all have a universal type uniform as a group. Only Whitman as a human should be different.