Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are we sure he's playing Dane? I'd be really happy if he is, but he could be playing Dane's ancestor considering the Eternals are long-lived.
    They've said he's Dane.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I also want him to rock the leather jacket and energy sword. Let that ebony blade stuff stay away. I wanna see a 90's Black Knight !
    I'm hoping for a "member of Captain Britain & MI 13" version of Black Knight, which does include a leather jacket. Don't want the energy sword, though.

HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Blade, Black Knight ... maybe we're going to be getting a MI-13!?

One can hope ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Blade, Black Knight ... maybe we're going to be getting a MI-13!?

One can hope ...

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Thought I'd post a pic of Phastos from his earliest comic book appearances for those that aren't familiar with the Eternals...

[img]https://i.ibb.co/vDzSwC6/Phastos.jp

...because the pic used in the quote (which is the pic I mostly see used to reference the character) has some people mistakenly thinking that Phastos is one of the characters in this movie that has been racebended. He's not.
    There's more gender bending than race swapping

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Not quite. 3 gender: Makkari, Sprite & Ajak. 4 race: Makkari, Gilgamesh, Kingo, & Sersi. One could argue that Ajak was originally white as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Not quite. 3 gender: Makkari, Sprite & Ajak. 4 race: Makkari, Gilgamesh, Kingo, & Sersi. One could argue that Ajak was originally white as well.
    Gender swaps aside ... I think some of the New Gods, Enterals, and similar were presented, I can't think of the term right now but, "raceless." As in, they could be construed to be multiple races depending on your interpretation. Moreso the Eternal designs.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

There's talk of legit Captain Britain since the Red Guardian is coming to the screen.

And D+ is teasing a "Battle for the Shield" which knowing them, they'll insert any Captain character, even if it doesn't make sense. Brian, Carol, etc.

There's even talk he'll be featured in Peggy's "WHAT IF ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Anyway I'm excited to see Black Knight. Curious how they adapt his look.
    I don't think it should be too hard. Probably a lot of ways to adapt a knights armor in a really cool way on-screen.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Thought I'd post a pic of Phastos from his earliest comic book appearances for those that aren't familiar with the Eternals...

...because the pic used in the quote (which is the pic I mostly see used to reference the character) has some people mistakenly thinking that Phastos is one of the characters in this movie that has been racebended. He's not.
    That is a common theme at Marvel. They seemed to have lost all the crayons darker than "light tan" and just think no one will notice the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it should be too hard. Probably a lot of ways to adapt a knights armor in a really cool way on-screen.
    bet he doesn't have a costume or ever get called the Black Knight.

With the release of Eternals, what are the chances that Marvel release a Black Knight Omnibus? I would like one collection with the very beginning of the Black Knight character, not only Dane Whitman. I'm particularly a fan of Medieval fantasy, and would like to read the stories of Sir Percy of Scandia!

Do you think Kit Harrington will portray Dane as British?

In the comics, he's American, though he's had a long association with European culture and the inherent oddness of it has been acknowledged in the source.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post

In the comics, he's American, though he's had a long association with European culture and the inherent oddness of it has been acknowledged in the source.
    I'd be fine with him being British. There aren't any British heroes so far in the mcu (unless I'm blanking on someone) so switching that up isn't a big deal to me. I also don't know if Harrington can do an American accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post

He probably will. It fits the idea of the character reasonably well despite being a small tweak. Plus, they probably want to give off more of a Jon Snow vibe.