Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 59
  1. #31
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    9,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Thor wore a fat suit. maybe Hunnam wears a tall suit. he's 6'1" by the way. i do feel that he's too short for the role. it should be someone who can look Thor in the eye. but i'm pretty sure that Hemsworth (6'3") is wearing lifts, as well.
    Jackman wore lifts.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  2. #32
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Jackman wore lifts.
    Chris Hemsworth is the tallest Hero in the Avengers according to ScarJo and Evan's. So idk if he needs lifts but why did Jackmans wear them? They wanted Wolverine to be taller? Ahh I guess why not hes already not short so why not just double down and make him look more imposing.

  3. #33
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,221

    Default

    Well Hunnams 6"1 they could get him to 6"3 with lifts and thick hilled sandals lol. I always thought Joe Maginello was perfect for Marvels Hercules. Hes a big dude and has a similar look and vibe about him.

  4. #34
    New and Improved hulahulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,630

    Default

    So, I read that Black Knight and Sersi were an item in the comics. Jon Snow and Sersi/Cersei together would generate a few GOT/Marvel memes beyond the Stark sibling reunion ones. Plus the Dane/Dayne stretch. And the Black Knight/take the Black jokes.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

  5. #35
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    9,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Chris Hemsworth is the tallest Hero in the Avengers according to ScarJo and Evan's. So idk if he needs lifts but why did Jackmans wear them? They wanted Wolverine to be taller? Ahh I guess why not hes already not short so why not just double down and make him look more imposing.
    They didn't want Ryan to be taller than him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Well Hunnams 6"1 they could get him to 6"3 with lifts and thick hilled sandals lol. I always thought Joe Maginello was perfect for Marvels Hercules. Hes a big dude and has a similar look and vibe about him.
    I'd be down with Joe.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  6. #36
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They didn't want Ryan to be taller than him.

    I'd be down with Joe.
    Hes way better suited for Goofy Herc then Deathstroke imo. Thought I was excited to see what they did WITH Slade(Probably nothing for now)

  7. #37
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Jackman wore lifts.
    They wanted a tall Wolverine?

    Seriously, did anyone at Fox ever bother to pick up a damn comic book before doing these films.

  8. #38
    Incredible Member abulafia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    587

    Default

    harrington is a good fit for dane. wolverine, not so much. BK has some tragic vibes arround him, which corresponds well with harrington´s appearance. he just doesn´t have the brooding, aggressive stance a wolverine requires.
    i have always been a big fan of BK, even before he got cooler during the 90s. he had an integral part during the marvelous sal buscema run
    buscema-romita-palmer.jpg
    Avengers-351-352-353-354-355-Nm-Thor-_1.jpg
    Last edited by abulafia; 08-27-2019 at 05:23 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

  9. #39
    Mighty Member LordMikel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,318

    Default

    Personally I'm more excited by the Black Knight than the Eternals.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

    Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

  10. #40
    Mighty Member chamber-music's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amenra11 View Post
    He should have been the new Wolverine
    I think his Gunpowder co-star Tom Cullen would be a good Wolverine.
    Cullen is currently the lead on History Chanel's Knightfall tv show.

  11. #41
    Incredible Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They wanted a tall Wolverine?

    Seriously, did anyone at Fox ever bother to pick up a damn comic book before doing these films.
    You’ve seen them right? ;-)

  12. #42
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I think his Gunpowder co-star Tom Cullen would be a good Wolverine.
    Cullen is currently the lead on History Chanel's Knightfall tv show.
    Yea I love him on Knightfall. Thought he could be a great Superman till I seen him with his face shaved and then wasnt so sure. Bernthal is still my first choice if they arent bringing Punisher back. Cullen could be cool too though,

  13. #43

    Default

    just my opinion but Joe Mangianello should have been Taskmaster. if you've ever read the Taskmaster Unthinkable series, you get to see what he looked like before the costume. plus Joe's voice is kind of what i imagine Taskmaster sounds like (unless he's using one of those voice distorters most of the time).

  14. #44
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    just my opinion but Joe Mangianello should have been Taskmaster. if you've ever read the Taskmaster Unthinkable series, you get to see what he looked like before the costume. plus Joe's voice is kind of what i imagine Taskmaster sounds like (unless he's using one of those voice distorters most of the time).
    Just off the costume from Black Widow I think they are going more Ultimate TaskMaster. Unless his character has been announced I think that O.T Fangbenle or whatever his name is playing him. But yea for years I've thought Maginello was born to play Marvels Hercules. Curly hair, Big , sometimes goofy but can also be intense.

    Anyway I'm excited to see Black Knight. Curious how they adapt his look.

  15. #45
    MYTH SMITH ∞ !!! G. Boney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    just in case you were not sure who the rest of the cast was playing:

    Thought I'd post a pic of Phastos from his earliest comic book appearances for those that aren't familiar with the Eternals...



    ...because the pic used in the quote (which is the pic I mostly see used to reference the character) has some people mistakenly thinking that Phastos is one of the characters in this movie that has been racebended. He's not.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •