Amazing Member

Default Gaston vs. Rocky Balboa

During his training session for Ivan Drago, Rocky accidentally runs through a portal which teleports him through time and space, and he ends up at a quaint French village. After an hour or two of resting, and to regain his bearings, Rocky comes upon Gaston and his hate mob, locking up Belle and her father and getting ready to attack the Beast's castle. Not completely understanding what's going on, Rocky is moved by Belle's pleas to release her and not harm her friend, Rocky cuts off the mob ("You locked her up, why don't you try lockin' me up?") and Lefou and the others in the goon squad goad Gaston into fighting Rocky. Fight takes place just barely on the outskirts of the French village. Gaston has his secret dagger in his boot. Rocky is in the shape he was in just before his big fight with Ivan Drago. Who triumphs?

Gaston has ripped a leather belt to pieces by simply flexing his /neck/. Held a bench over his head with 3 people on it with one arm. AND you gave him his knife!?

Poor Rocky. Dude might survive a bit due to his absurd durability, but that just makes this more gruesome.

Also, welcome to Rumbles! =)
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Amazing Member

First, thank you very much for the welcome! I was on...er..."a" Rumble Board many many years ago, but I don't know if this is the same one, but evolved, or I just happened to stumble on one with the same name. The old one was on Electricferret.net, or something like that if I recall. But anyway, thanks, I'm happy to be here!

You don't think Rocky is probably quicker and a better hand to hand combatant than Gaston? I think Drago could do some...if not all the things Gaston did...but perhaps not. I think Rocky could take him.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenbane View Post
    First, thank you very much for the welcome! I was on...er..."a" Rumble Board many many years ago, but I don't know if this is the same one, but evolved, or I just happened to stumble on one with the same name. The old one was on Electricferret.net, or something like that if I recall. But anyway, thanks, I'm happy to be here!

You don't think Rocky is probably quicker and a better hand to hand combatant than Gaston? I think Drago could do some...if not all the things Gaston did...but perhaps not. I think Rocky could take him.
    If memory serves, this board did evolve from that site. =)

Rocky is probably more agile and definitely more talented H2H, sure. Buuut... Drago's blatant super strength was hampered by boxing rules. Gaston is at /least/ Drago strong (probably stronger based on the ridiculous leather belt feat) and has a freaking knife.

Without boxing rules to save him, Gaston can literally pick up and slam Rocky, repeatedly, with one arm while the other searches for openings to stab him. I dont think Rocky can disarm him either if his grip is that powerful.

I think the first good hand hold is the beginning of the end for Rocky, personally. Mileage may vary!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Amazing Member

Rewatching the Beast vs. Gaston fight, Gaston's fighting ability seems...kinda subpar. I mean, while beast is superhumanly enhanced, Gaston seemed to be having a heck of a time even hitting him, having to resort to using the club. Besides that, Rocky has been in some scraps before (Thunderlips) and would hold his own pretty well later (Tommy Morrison). Maybe the dagger is a bit too much (I was trying to stay in continuity with the movie), but take that away, and I still think Rocky can take Gaston. The belt thing was a parlor trick, IMO, kinda like a strong man ripping apart a telephone book. Impressive, but hardly helpful in a fight.

Astonishing Member

Honestly I kinda question a lot of 'feats' granted to Gaston during his song because he should have easily trounced Beast, who's only other notable fight beating off a pack of ordinary wolves with some difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Honestly I kinda question a lot of 'feats' granted to Gaston during his song because he should have easily trounced Beast, who's only other notable fight beating off a pack of ordinary wolves with some difficulty.
    Kinda whack discrediting feats from a character who was only featured in 1/5 of the run time of a single movie.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Perhaps he's both Narrative Hyperbole and SMvFL in some respects :P

More seriously though, he's pretty well objectively stronger than Rocky - and with biceps to spare.

He also punches Lefou across the tavern several times and casually rips off a piece of stonework off the Beast's castle to use as a makeshift club and uses it to smash the head off of a beast-sized statue clean into shards.