Default Superman Adventures

Just finished Volume 1 and so far I have to say I am really shocked at how great these stories have been. If you’re someone who is just looking for solid Superman stories this is honestly perfect. It’s not super deep, but it these stories are very entertaining and show off Supes creativity and ingenuity as well as powers. It also is delightfully 90s at certain points lol.

Livewire has a great story here in particular. I loved how she used her powers to be both heroic and villainous simultaneously. Toyman had a really great story here too, only downside to it was that the Superman Robot kinda got reused from the first Luthor story. But I really love creepy “toy” Toyman.

Really looking forward to the Mark Millar Vols. 3 & 4 since I’ve heard he did a great job writing them, and nonedgelord Millar can put out some great work.
    Last edited by Vordan; 08-24-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Of the series, I really like what Evanier brought but everyone wrote very well. There are so many good superhero folks just outside of the regular big two grind. Volume two was good fun and where I think they started with regular high quality page reprints. Volume one looks just a little rough. But in addition to rogue balance that one really has good characters in Angela and Frank. I love that balance between a very streamlined continuity and the expansion of the regular people roster in Metropolis.

For some reason the last thing I think about having read volume one last week is that Superman is a little oddly reckless under McCloud. But his personality otherwise is spot on.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

People ask what would be my recommended runs on the character for a new reader. I would say Superman Adventures is a very worthy one. Its surprisingly good for something which is a spin-off of a cartoon. Plus, its not bogged down by large or confusing continuity.

Mark Millar's run is rightly acclaimed, but even other writers put in very solid work. I can't recommend the run enough. Now i haven't completed the whole series. But it has been very good so far.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Like the Batman Adventures, these were the best Superman comics being produced at the time.

22 Stories in a Single Bound is one of my favorite Superman comics. Millar always seems to have a cynical mean streak to his superhero stuff that is just not there with this and it all really shines. But yeah, the whole run is pretty solid and still holds up really well.

They're fantastic. Gave the TPB of the first volume to my daughter when her reading level was ready. They're well drawn, really attractive to young eyes, and best part they introduce all the great rogues in the first handful of issues.