Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Your all-time least favorite member of Justice Leage

Who is your all-time least-favorite member of the Justice League - in any era.

Was it because the character didn't belong, didn't fit in well, got on your nerves, you just flat out hated the character, etc...

Boisterously Confused

Hm. That's a toughie because there's different answers for the different eras.

The grand champ has to be Vibe, who was simply an embarrassment from the get go.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

When your talking people that should never have been on the team int he first place you get names like Lex Luthor, Captain Cold, Lobo, and the Phantom Stranger. The Entire cast of Justice League Elite also fits the bill. But when your talking worst real member it is hard to beat this loser. A lame joke that just went on for far to long. I give you General Glory

Plastic Man. Can’t stand him!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

The first character that came to mind is Red Tornado.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Me too. I used to love him until the Tower Of Babel storyline in which he was so venomous about Batman afterwards. Also, Booster Gold I can't stand.

I'm gonna have to say Booster Gold, he's the only character that I truly don't get the appeal of. I don't dislike him particularly, I'm just so indifferent toward him that he perplexes me in some ways.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm gonna have to say Booster Gold, he's the only character that I truly don't get the appeal of. I don't dislike him particularly, I'm just so indifferent toward him that he perplexes me in some ways.
    Lemonpeace, we normally agree. To avoid us having to fight, please read the first dozen issues of Booster's 1986 series, which was a brilliant commentary on celebrity culture.

I suspect what you're reacting to is Giffen's horrible bastardization of the character (along with Blue Beetle).

Batman. Not because he's not super powered or anything, but that he's just such a huge di- er. Jerk to everyone else. Like Tower of Babel. He didn't even tell his best friend he had plans to stop him in case he was mind controlled or something, let alone the rest of the League.

Yeah, I know Identity Crisis retconned the reasons why later, but still. Its reasons like those that have put me off from Batman over the years.

I suspect what you're reacting to is Giffen's horrible bastardization of the character (along with Blue Beetle).
    And I thought I was the only one who liked them both better in their solo stories in earlier years. Though I preferred Blue Beetle. Making heroes doofs for humor is not something I'm a big fan of. I don't like the type of humor. Some of the chracters are obnoxious and less likable, but more than that, they are less deserving of respect as heroes, and that's just sad. But it was Ralph and Sue in the those types of stories that I really loathed. Not just Griffen (I don't think - I haven't checked the writers of all the stories I disliked, but for the later stuff Griffen is definitely there). Ralph a moron and Sue treating him with disdain. Though I think treating him as less than capable hero started earlier (late bronze age?), and got worse Post-COIE, it just wasn't anything like as bad as Formerly Known. Maybe something in between was, though. I haven't read that much with them in post-COIE, frankly, since I disliked the depiction (Ralph pathetic, Sue not in love when they married, etc.) in all the post-COIE stuff I did read, so didn't pick up more.

As for my least favorite JL members - villains. I really hate murderers and bad guys on the team and everyone acting like they aren't that bad.

Batman. Not because he's not super powered or anything, but that he's just such a huge di- er. Jerk to everyone else.
    Okay, I'm with you there, too. At least since post-COIE, maybe late bronze. I'm not sure when the change happened. He was a real jerk to some of them early post-COIE. I know it's the non-big-name-team, but he was such a jerk. But I don't know if that was a pretty consistent thing until 15 or 20 years later. My JL reading is sporadic. I've read most of 1970-1980, but only scattered bits from some other eras, because I wasn't enjoying the stories, so why keep reading? And, of course, there are some other eras I might like to read, but just haven't gotten around to, yet.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 08-24-2019 at 06:18 PM.

all the Justice League Antartica. Ok it's was a fun read but we should have never heard about it ever again after that

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Batgod. I can't stand the batman is always 10 steps ahead nonsense.

Snapper Carr.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Had a feeling someone would say it sooner or later. I suppose it can be tricky writing for a comedic character, at the risk of coming off as very annoying, but I personally can't help but like the guy though.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Snapper Carr.
    I'm in the same boat. I haven't seen anyone figure out how to make this character work for me. Waid's idea that he was the League's resident fix-it man was OK, but the character still felt superfluous.