Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    The only good Plastic Man I've seen in recent years was Kyle Baker's series (and his appearance in Scooby Doo Team Up by Sholly Fisch was great too).
    I really loved the Injustice Year 4 Annual. It was bad marketing that the entire book is about Plas breaking his son out of prison, but the cover of the book does not even feature him.

BANNED

I cant really say I dislike any character but I feel Batman cheapens the story sometimes if they place him in a area where a powerhouse fight is going down example Darksed and World Forget

Like honestly how'd Batman survive Darkseid destroying the city block or Superman punching the World Forger.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Martian Manhunter, easily.

Cyborg and Jessica Cruz should be on the JL instead.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-30-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    The only good Plastic Man I've seen in recent years was Kyle Baker's series (and his appearance in Scooby Doo Team Up by Sholly Fisch was great too).
    Yeah, 100%

It's hard to think of any character who less deserved to be in the League than Lobo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Everyone is different. He's actually one of my all-time favorite League members.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Morrison’s Orion. He was an absolute boor, and a hideous bastardization of Byrne’s work on the Fourth World work.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

Cyborg and Jessica Cruz should be on the JL instead.
    Yeah! Nope. We did that. It was awfull. Current run is better.i hated "the hit me over the head" greek god parallels. As a guy, who is deemed "pagan". I don't like jl being connected to any gods in such an over the top manner. Give cyborg back to the titans.Build up the titans team again, Instead of wasting him on justice league. Justice league doesn't need vic. Titans need vic.
    Manhunter on the other hand destroys the gods parallels. Gives a legit refugee doing good and finding family narrative.cruz on the other hand is welcome regardless.

Gives a legit refugee doing good and finding family narrative
    It's far too entrenched to be removed, but I don't like his race being dead. Too Superman-like for my purposes, even if he was an adult that knew his home. Also, it was adding angst, tragedy, and misery to the background of a character that didn't previously have it. Because no one can be hero with a happy backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    It's far too entrenched to be removed, but I don't like his race being dead. Too Superman-like for my purposes, even if he was an adult that knew his home. Also, it was adding angst, tragedy, and misery to the background of a character that didn't previously have it. Because no one can be hero with a happy backstory.
    Superman doesn't need a family, Not like j'on does.clark always had a family and still does.j'on is stranger to this world.
    Even if that were true,they could do the whole have the green martian be alive and in a civil war against the white martian over race thing.the raceism between the two martians races can be explored. J'on and his white martian "niece" can be refugee of the war who escaped seeking a better life on earth.they could even have the jon finding earth by accident and being stuck bit.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Superman doesn't need a family, Not like j'on does.clark always had a family and still does.j'on is stranger to this world.
    Even if that were true,they could do the whole have the green martian be alive and in a civil war against the white martian over race thing.the raceism between the two martians races can be explored. J'on and his white martian "niece" can be refugee of the war who escaped seeking a better life on earth.they could even have the jon finding earth by accident and being stuck bit.
    Still trading a happyish/normal background for a miserable one (as has happened with so many characters). And if they were refugees that had to leave the entire planet because of the war, then it kinda means they left the rest of their planet to misery instead of making any effort to stay and make things better. I mean, they don't have super powers (relative to the rest of the population) there, so it does make some logical sense. But it does mean they wrote off their own people to a degree.

EDIT: Also, if his niece comes with him at the start, why isn't she sufficient family for J'onn?
    Last edited by Tzigone; 09-09-2019 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Still trading a happyish/normal background for a miserable one (as has happened with so many characters). And if they were refugees that had to leave the entire planet because of the war, then it kinda means they left the rest of their planet to misery instead of making any effort to stay and make things better. I mean, they don't have super powers (relative to the rest of the population) there, so it does make some logical sense. But it does mean they wrote off their own people to a degree.

EDIT: Also, if his niece comes with him at the start, why isn't she sufficient family for J'onn?
    Dude, refugees leave homeland because the living situations become unbearable . As if stopping people from going to war is easy. They didn't write of anything. They need to be alive, inorder fix things. If they would have stayed. They would be killed. and nothing would change by dieing in such a futile manner. So, they do that on earth. Its not like mars connection will be gone.
    Have clark take him in. I mean, clark basically did in dcau. There was this episode where j'on was celebrating Christmas with kents and singing a martian song.Either way, cyborg is no substitute for j'on in justice league .justice league should naturally have large number of alien immigrants and refugees Like thanagarian hawks, martians, kryptonIans.. Etc.it is only natural because of clark being the goto guy of the team.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Been awhile here, but I *think* we got a little bit answered in that white power arc. I stopped reading JLA after Kelly left, though, so I don't know if they expanded on her at all (or if she disappeared completely).
    Yeah, I dropped the book after Kelly's run and didn't jump back on until the final six issues,
    Up until then, we still had no idea what her deal was or why Batman vouched for her to be a member.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.