Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Haha, yeah Snapper was always lame, an attempt to put some hip young "everyman" character in there to appeal to god knows who.

Probably Green Arrow. Not saying he's a bad character, but besides his attitude and chemistry/no chemistry with the other members, I never liked him being part of JL missions.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Faith.

I have no idea what her power set was, who she was or what her deal was.
    Did we EVER find out??
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Hm. That's a toughie because there's different answers for the different eras.

The grand champ has to be Vibe, who was simply an embarrassment from the get go.
    Having just reread the debut of the Detroit era Justice League recently, I can agree with this. Vibe was awful, and I wasn't really sure about that version of Steel, either. The other new members at the time (Vixen, Gypsy) seemed ok, but I only have the issues that debuted the Detroit League, so I don't know how it developed after that initial intro.
    Just re-reading my old collection, filling in the occasional gap with back issues, not buying anything new.

Currently working my way through 1990's Flash, Impulse, and JLA, and occasional other related stuff.

Astonishing Member

The Atlantean Power Girl who was in the JLE. Not to be confused with the Kryptonian one who was in the JSA.

I simply refuse to believe they were even the same character.

Martian Manhunter it’s a character I’ve never warmed to

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    The Atlantean Power Girl who was in the JLE. Not to be confused with the Kryptonian one who was in the JSA.

I simply refuse to believe they were even the same character.
    I liked post-Crisis Power Girl. I never read much with pre-Crisis Power Girl, so I don't know just how much they changed her, but it wouldn't surprise me if she's completely different. Just think of them as two different characters. Kinda like the different Supergirls.

Speaking of which, and completely off topic, but ironically, Matrix is actually my favorite Supergirl, mostly because of Peter David's great solo series for her.
    Just re-reading my old collection, filling in the occasional gap with back issues, not buying anything new.

Currently working my way through 1990's Flash, Impulse, and JLA, and occasional other related stuff.

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

Red Arrow. Just never felt right. I mean I did not enjoy that entire era in general, but Roy just felt really transparently pushed to me.

Take a guess

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I haven't seen anyone figure out how to make this character work for me. Waid's idea that he was the League's resident fix-it man was OK, but the character still felt superfluous.
    I agree about Snapper in JLA, though I think he did have a meta purpose and that was to give young readers a way in like Robin does for Batman. It works that way about as well as Vibe did which is to say poorly.

I loved him in Hourman by Peyer and Morales though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fromper View Post
    Having just reread the debut of the Detroit era Justice League recently, I can agree with this. Vibe was awful, and I wasn't really sure about that version of Steel, either. The other new members at the time (Vixen, Gypsy) seemed ok, but I only have the issues that debuted the Detroit League, so I don't know how it developed after that initial intro.
    I would also go with Vibe as the worst.

Gypsy while not a bad character was imo also out of place in the Justice League. A teenage run away girl with some weak illusion powers is not really Justice League Material, especially when the setup for the teem was to create a League with full time members to defend earth from alien invasions and similar stuff ...

Damian Wayne (He technically joined in No Justice)
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Probably Green Arrow. Not saying he's a bad character, but besides his attitude and chemistry/no chemistry with the other members, I never liked him being part of JL missions.
    Different strokes. I really enjoyed him in satellite era. I also really got a kick out of Atom riding his arrows. Don't know why.

Martian Manhunter it’s a character I’ve never warmed to
    He's the sort of character I don't have much feeling for - good or bad. Obviously, my favorite era of the JLA did not feature him, so his place on the team doesn't matter to me. Some of his silver age stuff was entertaining, but nothing standout. I don't like the "sole survivor" or dead family revamps that came later, but DC loves their tragic backstories.

Haha, yeah Snapper was always lame, an attempt to put some hip young "everyman" character in there to appeal to god knows who.
    Well, I hated the finger-snapping. But more than that, I dislike the concept. He's a mascot, really, and that's just an insulting place to put someone. He's either a hero sort that belongs as full-fledged member of the team (hey, he did save 'em few times) or he's not, and he gets treated as a helpful fan for a story and sent on his way. Keeping a character around that's explicitly lesser than all the others is just not a dynamic I like. Which is not to say I think his turn made sense.

Booster Gold. He's just lame.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Snapper Carr for being associated with the most embarrassing depiction of Cheetah.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I agree about Snapper in JLA, though I think he did have a meta purpose and that was to give young readers a way in like Robin does for Batman. It works that way about as well as Vibe did which is to say poorly.

I loved him in Hourman by Peyer and Morales though.
    I think Snapper can work in brief appearances that lean into the sad sack nature of the character, such as when he showed up in the superlative Dial H For Hero recently, but I have never really wanted to see more of him beyond that.