Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

I thought the Over Monitor was like some giant body and it noticed a problem so it created a Monitor to investigate that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    I prefer Wolfman's version, Morrison fan that I am, but Wolfman was first, so, yeah. This got me to thinking...remember when the Monitor first began appearing, all those years ago, and none of us knew wtf to make of him? I think I saw him first in a Teen Titans issue, and wrote him off as some new and mysterious TT villain. Then he began popping up everywhere, on all Earths, in all timelines, and you just knew there was something more to this guy.

After it was all said and done I always felt there should be a statue, a monument of some sort somewhere in the DCU to the guy. His existence was just that major.
    That was so much fun. Great way to lead into COIE, IMO. The Monitor's appearances here there and everywhere--not to mention the red skies--got me to pick up pretty much everything DC was putting out. I'm not so gullible these days!

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    That was so much fun. Great way to lead into COIE, IMO. The Monitor's appearances here there and everywhere--not to mention the red skies--got me to pick up pretty much everything DC was putting out. I'm not so gullible these days!
    Yes, it was quite fun to be reading DC at the time, with no clue as to what was coming. One of the highlights of my comics experience.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I'm hoping that when Morrison fleshes out the story of the Monitors, he'll incorporate rather than discard Wolfman's original ideas.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I don't think there's major contradiction. Morrison just fleshed out the Monitor backstory and frankly made it even more grand in scale.

Does anyone know if the Monitor from COIE is indeed Dax Novu? Novu was supposed to be the first probe the Over-Monitor sent into the germ worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I don't think there's major contradiction. Morrison just fleshed out the Monitor backstory and frankly made it even more grand in scale.

Does anyone know if the Monitor from COIE is indeed Dax Novu? Novu was supposed to be the first probe the Over-Monitor sent into the germ worlds.
    Additionally, if all the Monitors have proper names (as appears to be the case), what was the Anti-Monitor's proper name?

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Additionally, if all the Monitors have proper names (as appears to be the case), what was the Anti-Monitor's proper name?

The Monitors were originally identical and nameless. As time went on they became unique and eventually gave themselves names. Nix Utan noticed that their contact with the multiverse was changing them. Probably an effect from the Monitors syphoning off the Bleed and the stories of the individual universes.

It's possible the Anti-Monitor was created before the Monitors named themselves. He was kind of the first flaw or splintering of the Over-Monitor probe.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The Monitors were originally identical and nameless. As time went on they became unique and eventually gave themselves names. Nix Utan noticed that their contact with the multiverse was changing them. Probably an effect from the Monitors syphoning off the Bleed and the stories of the individual universes.

It's possible the Anti-Monitor was created before the Monitors named themselves. He was kind of the first flaw or splintering of the Over-Monitor probe.
    Anti-Monitor was also the most unique of the Monitors. All the other Monitors looked like variations of the Monitor seen in COIE...e.g. approximately human, and even demonstrating human emotions such as love and compassion. The Anti-Monitor not only did not physically resemble any of the other Monitors, but seemed to have no capacity for emotion other than hate and anger.

BANNED

Are we going to get an explanation on how 52 Monitors were born when it has been implied in the past that there was only one Monitor?

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    The only way to handle that is to consider that Darkseid and the New Gods were already dead, which is affecting reality. Darkseid's fall screwed with reality.

Or just try to not read either tie-in. They aren't very good.

The Over-Monitor predates Krona. Krona couldn't have created the universe that he exists in. The Over-Monitor came first. It is the absolute form. Nothing comes before or after, above, or below it.

Wolfman's Monitor concepts are not the 'true' versions, they're like projections of the Monitors in the multiverse.
    Chicken or the Egg concept.

Nobody remembers than the original Monitor was capable of contain five universes inside him and tus save them? (One, two, x, four, S) He then was represented as a white void too. Could be than Morrison started from that point?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin