Mighty Member

Default Question about Conner vs Superboy Prime

Hello
    I have a question:

Superboy Prime has the armour which boosts his power.

BUT! Conner has TTK who he can use to dissassemble things and he also has already dissassembled such armours.

So it would have been better if he would have stripped Superboy Prime of his armour and then fight against him or?

Spectacular Member

Armor doesn't matter. He's 10 times stronger than Conner. And would beat him senseless regardless of armor.

I mean... Conner gave Superboy Prime a good ol' Sunday Punch back in Legion of Three Worlds. I think the whole "pre-Crisis powers" thing is really blown out of proportion.

That said, well, any Super with Super type powers might well wear armor, but rarely does it do that much work in protecting them, whether that's the pre-Crisis baby-blanket suit, or the New 52 Kryptonian relic armor from Brainiac's ship. If Kon could disassemble Superboy Prime's armor, and I suspect that he could do so with relative ease, it still probably wouldn't give Kon that much of an advantage, if I had to guess.

I mean especially considering that I'm pretty sure at least one version of that armor is just a museum prop that Clark-33 put on to improve his Villain Aesthetic.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I mean... Conner gave Superboy Prime a good ol' Sunday Punch back in Legion of Three Worlds. I think the whole "pre-Crisis powers" thing is really blown out of proportion.

That said, well, any Super with Super type powers might well wear armor, but rarely does it do that much work in protecting them, whether that's the pre-Crisis baby-blanket suit, or the New 52 Kryptonian relic armor from Brainiac's ship. If Kon could disassemble Superboy Prime's armor, and I suspect that he could do so with relative ease, it still probably wouldn't give Kon that much of an advantage, if I had to guess.

I mean especially considering that I'm pretty sure at least one version of that armor is just a museum prop that Clark-33 put on to improve his Villain Aesthetic.
    I thought the armor wasn't so much to protect Prime as to store solar energy and keep Prime's powers from fading when he was out of direct sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I thought the armor wasn't so much to protect Prime as to store solar energy and keep Prime's powers from fading when he was out of direct sunlight.
    Oh yeah, that's right. Well, considering how little Normal Clark's powers fade overnight, and how much of a boost he can apparently get just by standing heroically in the sun for a few seconds, I still don't think it probably does all that much for Clark-33 overall. But still, very good catch! I can't believe I forgot that! haha

Astonishing Member

Oh yeah, that's right. Well, considering how little Normal Clark's powers fade overnight, and how much of a boost he can apparently get just by standing heroically in the sun for a few seconds, I still don't think it probably does all that much for Clark-33 overall. But still, very good catch! I can't believe I forgot that! haha
    One of the little differences of Clark-33 was that he got a major boost from direct sunlight. I know one of the One-Shots in either Countdown or Green Lantern dealt with the heores needing to take him down before dawn as the moment he was hit by the light of day his powers would return to Pre-Crisis levels and they'd be unable to stop him then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    One of the little differences of Clark-33 was that he got a major boost from direct sunlight. I know one of the One-Shots in either Countdown or Green Lantern dealt with the heores needing to take him down before dawn as the moment he was hit by the light of day his powers would return to Pre-Crisis levels and they'd be unable to stop him then.
    Well I can't beat myself up for forgetting that one, I'm pretty sure that's totally new to me. Interesting.

Like I said though, I think that the difference between the Pre-Crisis and later power levels is overblown, except for Superman's ability to travel through time at will, I always sort of think the real fluctuation in his powers don't happen with reboots, retcons or retellings of Kryptonite Nevermore, but just with what kind of story the writer wants to tell. If Clark-33 was really as strong as Pre-Crisis Superman at the height of his powers, he could just destroy a whole planet by sneezing out the sun if he wanted to, but he never seems to do anything like that...

Unless of course, he did at some point, and that's just another story I missed. which having missed the sunlight thing, I'll admit is absolutely, totally possible!

Mighty Member

I read the following:

Superboy Prime needs CONSTANT EXPOSURE!!! to the yellow sunlight, because he, unlike other Kryptonians CANT!!! store the sunlight in his body.
    If he is not exposed to the YELLOW sunlight he will depower almost instantly.

The Armor BOOSTS his powers and EXPOSES him CONSTANTLY to yellow Sunlight.

This was also the cause why he lost the fight: the two Superman Versions flew with him trough Rao and his armor melt away.

Mighty Member

It was said that he needs CONSTANT EXPOSURE to the yellow Sunlight otherwise his powers will fade INSTANTLY!!!!!!!
    The Armor exposures him CONSTANTLY to the yellow sunlight.
    Because of this he also lost the fight...he melted away when flying trough the red sun.

Mighty Member

Conner dissassembled other armours with ONE FINGER https://i.imgur.com/voPZA48.jpg and also MAGICAL items http://i.imgur.com/i8gitLU.jpg

The Armour was given to Superboy Prime, because he needs CONSTANT exposure to the yellow sunlight, otherwise his powers will fade almost INSTANTLY.
    Superboy Prime lost the fight because they flew him trough the red sun and his armour melted and he lost his powers.

You saw that as he was trying to use Heat Vision and then it faded and he saw his armour melted and he lost his powers.