Thread: Comic Keys

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Comic Keys

What comics would you say are ones to be on the lookout for?

Venom #3 - 1st appearance of Knull is one I feel might grow as Cates continues his story.
    I’m assuming Moon Girl #1 will begin rocketing up in price now it’s been announced as a show.

I don't really see characters that are show exclusive or rogues as valueable long term, they tend to tank pretty hard on the market after a year or so.

But ignoring whether you're looking for a long term book to sit on or short term one to quickly cash in i'd go for Wolverine before he gets casted.

Aside from his 1st and 2nd, most of his other keys are dirt cheap. These are some of the books i'm hoarding and keeping a lookout for.

X-Men 118-1st Mariko
    Old Man Logan 31-1st Scarlet Samurai
    Goes around 10 quid for it's dollar variant and base for her SS appearance. Seeing how she's alive and is going by a super alias i'd say she's one to keep a look out on.

Daredevil 197-1st Yuriko
    Alpha Flight 33-1st Lady Deathstrike
    Being in his top 5 most important rogues and at 15 quid i'd put her on a must buy list, although her book was half it's price last year, it will only go up higher as we get nearer to Wolverine's casting.

Wolverine Origins 10-1st Daken
    The book is jumping over the place at around 10 to 50 quid. Oddly enough out of all the other Wolverine derivatives, Daken's book is the cheapest, X-23, Gabby and Reine are all more expensive, nevertheless i find it likely he'll be used at some point, although not for a long time as i can't see him being used before others like Sabretooth or SS etc.

If i can find any of these roughly around base price again i'll pick them up.

Say is your WBN 32 picking up nicely?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post

Venom #3 - 1st appearance of Knull is one I feel might grow as Cates continues his story.
    I’m assuming Moon Girl #1 will begin rocketing up in price now it’s been announced as a show.
    Now a days comics are always collected as tpbs and later omnibus. So price of singles won't ever rocket, in my opinion.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Early appearances of Miles Morales, and Kamala Khan can net you a fistful of dollars but it can vary significantly. Ultimate Fallout #4 is an easy sell to a shop for $200.00, but the shop will likely sell it for $400.00. Online I've seen copies go for as little as $75.00, and as much as $750.00 since Into the Spider-Verse came out. Variants, and graded copies are all over the place, but provided they aren't second printings will usually sell for more regardless of condition.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    I don't really see characters that are show exclusive or rogues as valueable long term, they tend to tank pretty hard on the market after a year or so.

But ignoring whether you're looking for a long term book to sit on or short term one to quickly cash in i'd go for Wolverine before he gets casted.

Aside from his 1st and 2nd, most of his other keys are dirt cheap. These are some of the books i'm hoarding and keeping a lookout for.

X-Men 118-1st Mariko
    Old Man Logan 31-1st Scarlet Samurai
    Goes around 10 quid for it's dollar variant and base for her SS appearance. Seeing how she's alive and is going by a super alias i'd say she's one to keep a look out on.

Daredevil 197-1st Yuriko
    Alpha Flight 33-1st Lady Deathstrike
    Being in his top 5 most important rogues and at 15 quid i'd put her on a must buy list, although her book was half it's price last year, it will only go up higher as we get nearer to Wolverine's casting.

Wolverine Origins 10-1st Daken
    The book is jumping over the place at around 10 to 50 quid. Oddly enough out of all the other Wolverine derivatives, Daken's book is the cheapest, X-23, Gabby and Reine are all more expensive, nevertheless i find it likely he'll be used at some point, although not for a long time as i can't see him being used before others like Sabretooth or SS etc.

If i can find any of these roughly around base price again i'll pick them up.

Say is your WBN 32 picking up nicely?
    What is WBN 32??

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Thanos 13 (First appearance of cosmic ghost rider).

Although I'm not sure what the future holds for him after this arc in Avengers ends.
    Baby Thanos

BANNED

What are comic keys?

What is WBN 32??
    My bad, Werewolf by Night 32, the first appearance of Moon Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    What are comic keys?
    Key comics tend to be first appearances, deaths and important storylines of a character. Like some of the stuff me and others have recommend over here.