Default Question about batman lore

I usually never rely on the forum for this kind of thing but I tried googling it andcame out empty

is there an origin for "Criminals are a superstitious cowardly lot."?

I know that this is pretty much what Bruce says when he decides to become batman

but this part is omitted on both Year One and Year Zero and I just dont recall if it was mentioned on any other points

is there any other mention in any other comics that gives out the source, for example was this something that his father told him once or Alfred or something else?
    Last edited by Arnoldoaad; 08-28-2019 at 08:49 PM.

gong82whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    I usually never rely on the forum for this kind of thing but I tried googling it andcame out empty

is there an origin for "Criminals are a superstitious cowardly lot."?

I know that this is pretty much what Bruce says when he decides to become batman

but this part is omitted on both Year One and Year Zero and I just dont recall if it was mentioned on any other points

is there any other mention in any other comics that gives out the source, for example was this something that his father told him once or Alfred or something else?
    Actually, in Year One, Bruce Wayne is shot, and almost dies, and he manages to get back to Wayne Manor, while still bleeding, unsure how to make criminals fear him, since he went out without a way to terrify crooks, and right there, a bat crashes through his window, and then Bruce Wayne decides that he should become a bat.

I haven't read Zero Year, so I don't know what they did in that.

Quote Originally Posted by gong82whatever View Post
    Actually, in Year One, Bruce Wayne is shot, and almost dies, and he manages to get back to Wayne Manor, while still bleeding, unsure how to make criminals fear him, since he went out without a way to terrify crooks, and right there, a bat crashes through his window, and then Bruce Wayne decides that he should become a bat.

I haven't read Zero Year, so I don't know what they did in that.
    A version of this same scene exist on both Year One and Year Zero but do not include the phrase "Criminals are a superstitious cowardly lot" which is what I was asking.

I was trying to get if maybe this was mentioned anywhere else since it is considered a pretty famous phrase for Batman.