Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Use a Superman sequel to TRULY take advantage of a shared universe. Brainiac is the bad guy. Have Lois, Jimmy and Perry and Ma. Luthor and Brainiac meets at the end as, after the final battle, Luthor “saves” Brainiac. At Luthor’s side is Deathstroke andBlack Manta. The four give us a hint at a Legion of Doom founding.

Fastforward to Black Adam movie where Cheetah from WW1984 appears and hints at more LOD stuff.

Flash Movie has a similar scene with Grodd.

Then, you have Justice League: Legion of Doom movie which begins a bigger storyline eventually introducing Darkseid properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    Use a Superman sequel to TRULY take advantage of a shared universe. Brainiac is the bad guy. Have Lois, Jimmy and Perry and Ma. Luthor and Brainiac meets at the end as, after the final battle, Luthor “saves” Brainiac. At Luthor’s side is Deathstroke andBlack Manta. The four give us a hint at a Legion of Doom founding.

Fastforward to Black Adam movie where Cheetah from WW1984 appears and hints at more LOD stuff.

Flash Movie has a similar scene with Grodd.

Then, you have Justice League: Legion of Doom movie which begins a bigger storyline eventually introducing Darkseid properly.
    Exactly, the shared universe is not so difficult to pull off, the MCU does it all the time... It's just WB who complicate and or rush everything. Maybe they need better writers and more daring and intelligent directors.. It's so frustrating to be a Superman and DC fan these days..

My ideal direction would a sequel with Cavill set some months after Justice League. He wants to propose Lois properly. They are in love, and we see them doing a great job as reporters at the DP and working together sometimes. They go out on a date when suddenly something is really wrong in the world. The computer systems maybe. Brainiac is trying to take control, but he also appears to be a friend. So many possibilities.

Lex is hiding and trying to investigate. At the end we discover he continues to form The Legion of Doom. I wish WB does the LoD movie before the MCU copies the concept.... sigh

I'm also fine with a reboot or soft reboot as long as the next Superman movie is amazing with a great plot, a good story, fantastic action, more entertaining with some levity, and a lot of heart and inspirational moments showing why Superman is our friend and the best. No more deconstruction and moral complexity. Superman is not a grey character. He should struggle with some decisions a bit but he shouldn't be so indecisive and confused anymore. He can get angry, but he is responsible with his actions and careful not to hurt innocents. He was a bit reckless in Man of Steel.. Yes it was his first time as a superhero, but some things felt off. His portrayal is of utmost importance.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 08-31-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    Well, by next movie, I assume you mean a reboot, so...

Cut out The Daily Planet. It's really not that interesting and hell, we might actually get an opportunity to do something new with Superman.

Like seriously, honest question - who the hell actually enjoys Clark Kent the newspaper man s**t in Superman comics? It was created a way to let the story pause for a breath before jumping into the action, modern comics seem to have blown its importance way out of proportion, seemingly coinciding with the rising importance of Lois Lane too.

Come to think of it, ditch Lois and pick another one of Superman's love interests for the next movie. She's not that interesting either.
    I really like this idea.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

This was from episode 1 of Season 2.

I imagine you'd be more upset about Supes, SG, MM and Alex killing the two Metallos.

Hoechlin is basically the final form of all the downgrades Superman has gotten over the past many years. All that's left is a farm guy that's raising a family, dude basically doesn't do anything but things that reinforce his "humanity". Just the MAN stuff all the SUPER has been drained out.

Next Superman movie imo needs to get away from that. I mean Spiderman and Ironman got to have a space romp before him on the big screen, that's just embarrassing for the franchise and needs to be rectified.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

BANNED

After the head snap, Superman's pretty much dead to me so kill him again, shov some kryptonite up his.... :P

I would try to adapt All Star Superman.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 09-08-2019 at 06:52 AM.

Now making All Star Superman isn't very feasible imo. That is a great comic book. But it can turn out to be overlong and without the parts which i would want to see in a Superman movie like saving Regan or the death of Pa Kent.

To simplify that i would take from Superman Adventures #11 and 12. 'The War Within'. It had a similar premise. Superman slowly loosing powers and dying. Lois Lane working with Star Labs in an European country torn by civil war to get the possible cure.. In short, my All Star would be a very unfaithful adaptation. Get the emotions and character right. While cutting out a lot.

I will cut off Lex Luthor, Lois in the Fortress and as Superwoman, Jimmy's issue, Bizarro world. I will keep the Kryptonian scientists, issue #10 and the Smallville section. Those parts can be explored in sequels if there are any.

I might end up angering a good number of fans for deviating so much. But imo that leads to a more streamlined film and the other fantastic parts can be part of sequels. Why have one All Star when you can have three?
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 09-08-2019 at 07:02 AM.

I'd like it if they went with the Kryptonian sleeper agents plot idea. IE, some of Zod's lackeys survived MoS and are scattered around in hiding. What made that plot interesting was that you had Kryptonians who aren't "heroes" that aren't actively being villains either. They're technically criminals since they were part of team Zod. But it was established in MoS that Superman only had one reason to stop Zod. Zod was trying to conquer Earth. If Zod had been content with building a city on the moon or something Superman wouldn't have cared.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I imagine you'd be more upset about Supes, SG, MM and Alex killing the two Metallos.
    Except Alex and Supergirl didn't kill Metallo. They merely destroyed his kryptonite heart. He showed up later on in the episode "Luthors" perfectly alive and sitting in a prison cell where he was given a new kryptonite heart
    by Lillian Luthor. He did die in that episode due to the kryptonite being defective, but Supergirl tried to save his life by trying to get him to remove his defective kryptonite heart. So really it was Lillian Luthor that killed Metallo.

Fast forward to the 2:12 minute mark.

Default Your Superman film series pitch

How would you do a Superman film series pitch? Say 3 or more films.

What villains and stories would you use to continue and develop the main characters, especially Superman, Lois and Lex?

Be as brief as possible, just the main outline. Would you do a total reboot and do an origin film again? Or would you just continue with an newly established Superman and new adventures?

I really think we don't need another origin so soon.. and I really want to see the character grow and evolve somehow.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 10-15-2019 at 08:57 AM.

Superman and the Legion of Superheroes - Prequel film with teenage Clark going to the future and space.

Superman: Man and Superman - Technically an origin film, but thanks to the prequel it won't feel like it! And that story was a good origin that skipped over the whole Krypton exploding and farm living and Smallville stuff we've all seen before.

Superman vs Brainiac - No brainer.

1st film would be clark arriving in metropolis and his struggle to find a job and place in the city. A focus on the farm boy/outsider trying to fit in and find his way aspect of clarks personality. His powers would be on a similar level to what they were during the max fleischer cartoons, though he won't develop the ability to fly only until the end of the film when he fully becomes superman. The antagonist will be the ultra humanite (his personality would be similar to his potrayal in the dcau), with toyman serving as the secondary antagonist. Lex and lois will appear in the film. A rivalry of careers would be established between lois and clark and a sort of friendship between lex and clark similar to smallville. Clark overall would be a reluctant hero, who just wants to live a normal life, but chooses to use his powers to help others and face ultra humanite. The film would be set in modern times and focus on metropolis and its attempts of being a pinnacle of technological advancement for humanity, while paying a great deal of tribute to the fleischer cartoons while taking cues from grant morrison's early new 52 comics and marv wolfman's man and superman comic.

2nd film would be a loose adaption of superman unchained. Focusing on the worlds overall response to superman's appearance. Introducing lois's father general lane and his super soldier wraith and them acting as the main antagonists of the film. It would also deal with clark questioning himself on what he should be and do as superman, not to mention delve into the mystery of clarks now slowly growing and developing powers and abilities. Martian manhunter would appear in the film to play the part as a former adversary of wraith and a mentor to clark, having lived on earth far longer than clark and being a member of the original justice society of America. As a attraction forms between superman and lois, the rivalry between clark and lois grows aswell as a friendship between them. Simultaniously, lex starts developing metropolis into the true city of tomorrow its meant to be, while his hatred of superman grows and the friendship between him and clark grows aswell.

between the 2nd and third film would be a batman, Superman, worlds finest film where lex's hatred of superman would develop to him becoming a villian and teaming up with the joker to kill both superman and batman.

3rd film would have mongul as the main villian along with the warworld and the gladiator draaga. Lois and clark would finally develop a relationship without her knowing he is superman.

All this would take place to develop superman on his own before he becomes part of the much larger dc cinematic universe and thus before the events of the death, reign and return of superman movie adaptation events. Brainiac will be the villian in a later film to introduce supergirl and krypto the superdog into clarks life to complete the superman family.

Next movie: We begin with Superman already established - we've done origin too recently for a repeat. Lois knows his identity by now (maybe engaged or married). Use the Daily Planet staff for support. I'd be thrilled with some investigating, if that could be done without limiting action very much. Maybe use Intergang. Have them with another villain for muscle. Metallo, maybe. But show that Clark is intelligent. I'm not keen on the "farmboy" naivete thing, which I think is late addition to his mythos, in the sense of it defining him or making him a fish out of water in the city or whatnot - it was just a common job when Clark would have been a child back in the early days, and even Superboy switched his folks to store-owners. Heck, Lois' parents were farmers, too, at one point. I do want us to see that Clark is very intelligent. Maybe set up Brainiac for movie #3. No more Lex or Zod - I want to see some other villains used well.