Default Ganondorf vs. Thor (MCU)

Composite of Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time Ganondorf.

Thor is pre Ragnarok with Mjolnir.

Arena
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

If Thor gets above 25% he's eating a goblin punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    If Thor gets above 25% he's eating a goblin punch.
    If you have a Switch and HAVENT shared your friend code with me, I demand it now!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB99V967qsY

I’m leaning G-dorf. Got whatever that castle-busting feat is in TP; either he no-sold the impact which was beyond what Thor’s been shown to take, or recreated his body in seconds, plus he can take the whole possession angle like with Zelda (Thor’s gotten messed up by mental shenanigans courtesy of Wanda.)

That and he either teleported or moved ridiculously fast to catch up to Link and Zelda after Midna teleported them herself, making a “pin him under Mjolnir” strategy dubious.

Ocarina feats—I guess Ganondorf’s the one levitating Hyrule Castle over a volcano that wasn’t there before. If that’s true his TK makes Ebony Maw look weaksauce.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    If you have a Switch and HAVENT shared your friend code with me, I demand it now!
    I don't own a Switch, two of my housemates have them so I play about on their consoles from time to time.

I also don't know their friend codes XD

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB99V967qsY

I’m leaning G-dorf. Got whatever that castle-busting feat is in TP; either he no-sold the impact which was beyond what Thor’s been shown to take, or recreated his body in seconds, plus he can take the whole possession angle like with Zelda (Thor’s gotten messed up by mental shenanigans courtesy of Wanda.)

That and he either teleported or moved ridiculously fast to catch up to Link and Zelda after Midna teleported them herself, making a “pin him under Mjolnir” strategy dubious.

Ocarina feats—I guess Ganondorf’s the one levitating Hyrule Castle over a volcano that wasn’t there before. If that’s true his TK makes Ebony Maw look weaksauce.
    I have my doubts he was using TK to levitate the castle. He had a number of off-screen spellcasting moments. I always assumed it was something more passive like that.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I have my doubts he was using TK to levitate the castle. He had a number of off-screen spellcasting moments. I always assumed it was something more passive like that.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qpaCtKfj2Ug

Maybe. Zelda says around 11:15ish that the SEEMINGLY dying Ganondorf is trying to crush them in the castle ruins. Of course he ends up being a 2-phase boss. He also levitates himself in the Ocarina fight and shifts the floor with his power. Ganondorf also appears to telekinetcally blow Midna across the room while in Zelda’s body in that Twilight Princess cutscene I linked earlier.

I think that’s decent evidence of him having active TK. Not Darth Nihilus level but debatable.

EDIT: Worth noting that Zelda TKs the gates in Ganon’s castle during the escape, and she has the Triforce of Wisdom, not the far flashier Triforce of Power.

EDIT 2: Er, I say that not to say that Ganon gets Zelda’s feats by proxy, but rather to support the idea that he was telekinetically controlling the castle.
    Last edited by Harbinger19; 08-25-2019 at 02:06 PM.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Spectacular Member

Ganon's spontaneous casting is noticeably more limited and less powerful than what he does off-screen. If he doesn't pull it in the middle of a fight, I'd assume that it's something that he prepared or set up beforehand.

I always took Ganon tearing down the castle as ending the spell that was holding it up, not actively wrecking it with force blasts himself.

I also thought that Ganon was using Zelda's powers when he was possessing her. Mostly irrelevant, but he fought a bit differently than how he does in his own body.

Twilight Princess Ganon apparently can't be injured permanently by anything short of one hell of magic weapon. This gets into the question of someone without the specific anti-badguy weapon can actually hurt him. I don't like using no-limits fallacies, but Ganon shrugs off being chewed up by a magic wolf and stabbed by Midna within a few minutes, so being blasted to pieces doesn't seem to be the answer. I don't know if the Triforce of Power gives him any other powers, but it makes him pretty damn immortal.

Well, assuming that he got his immortality from the Triforce and not turning into a demon pig. Neither Link nor Zelda seem to get jack squat from their pieces, so I'm not sure why he's different.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fallman View Post
    Well, assuming that he got his immortality from the Triforce and not turning into a demon pig. Neither Link nor Zelda seem to get jack squat from their pieces, so I'm not sure why he's different.
    I thought that was his "THING". L&Z get the perpetual reincarnation, Ganon gets the "keep coming back no matter how hard you killed me". Which keeps him trucking pretty well until you kill him too.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Spectacular Member

Link and Zelda don't have pieces of the Triforce in every game. In games where they lack it, they're about as effective as ever. Reincarnation seems to be separate from the Triforce.

Breath of the Wild never mentioned the Triforce in so many words, but Zelda used what looked an awful lot like the complete Triforce, and she was way more powerful than usual. Ganon, on the other limb, was easily the most powerful he's ever been, even if he lacked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallman View Post
    Link and Zelda don't have pieces of the Triforce in every game. In games where they lack it, they're about as effective as ever.
    Yeah, Ganondorf is perfectly capable of getting the crap kicked out of him with mundane weapons or even just slamming him around with brute force. Maybe Link couldn't kill/seal him without the Master Sword but he could KO him just fine.

I have a hard time believing Ganon doesn't just get laid out after the first hit.