Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default El Camino: Breaking Bad-The Movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZKqMVPlDg8

As previously assumed, the film will reveal what happened to Jessie after he escaped (The car he escaped in was an El Camino, hence the title). The trailer features Skinny Pete-Jessie's friend (and also a co-conspirator of Walt's as well) being interrogated by the DEA (Kind of obvious due to the pictures of Hank and Steve on the door).

It was Bob Odendirk who revealed that they're pretty much finished with the movie a week or so ago, so I'm wondering if that means Jimmy/Saul/Gene will show up in some form. No word on Cranston or the rest of the cast (living or dead) appearing in cameos or bigger starring roles. I'm guessing with Pete back Badger is also very possible. There's also rumors that Jane (Kristen Ritter) appears in some form. I'm also wondering if we'll perhaps see Jessie's family return, who kind of vanished halfway through the series (especially his brother).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 08-25-2019 at 09:48 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

I just hope it doesn't end up going somewhere dumb like revealing that Walter's still alive or somesuch.

I can dig this El Camino Movie. I think it represents complete closure for the Breaking Bad Series. I was never interested in what happened to Jessie, I just kinda thought he rode off into the sunrise to Mexico. But I can kinda see something like this happening, the DEA chasing after him so yeah I'll give it a go. JUST NO WALTER WHITE, HIS STORY IS FINISHED!!

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I just hope it doesn't end up going somewhere dumb like revealing that Walter's still alive or somesuch.
    Ditto'd.

I'm pretty excited tho.

Funny story- I thought Skinny Pete was played by DJ Quaid for a bit.

DJ Qualls does appear in Breaking Bad in Saul's first episode as the officer who arrests Badger.

My biggest and only real disappointment with the Breaking Bad finale was Jesse's end as it felt incomplete. I wanted to see a final scene of him in Alaska at a sobriety meeting so you could actually think that maybe this time he'd get clean and start a new life, especially since after everything he'd just been through it was far more likely and realistic that he'd fall right back into the escape of drugs. So I'm optimistic that maybe this movie will give his character some closure.

At this point, if there's a creative team I trust, it's these guys. Better Call Saul has been amazing, and far, far better than I ever expected.

So if they feel they have a story worth telling, I'm willing to watch it.

Amazing Member

Default El Camino

Anyone else super hyped for this?

New clip just revealed that Joe the scrap yard owner is back (Perhaps best known for the "Magnets" scene). Think that brings the returning characters up to five now. (Jessie, Pete, Badger, Mike and now Joe)

Wasn't quite as good as I had hoped. Too much jumping around. Although some of the cameos were great.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

I saw it and liked it.

Its a nice epilogue but not really necessary to me. But i don't regret watching it and it made me go "YEAH BITCH!!!"

Not to body shame or anything, but Jessie Plemon's significant weight gain was a bit distracting. Flashbacks/prequels of course tend to have problems like this when filmed years later: Ian Holm in The Hobbit for instance, clearly doesn't look the same as Bilbo in the first hour of Fellowship of the Ring. Also the filming was kind of secret and done quickly so unlike other movies (Like say, Harrison Ford getting back in shape for playing Indy and later Han again), Plemons didn't have time to lose weight to get back to how Todd looked in Felina.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Not to body shame or anything, but Jessie Plemon's significant weight gain was a bit distracting. Flashbacks/prequels of course tend to have problems like this when filmed years later: Ian Holm in The Hobbit for instance, clearly doesn't look the same as Bilbo in the first hour of Fellowship of the Ring. Also the filming was kind of secret and done quickly so unlike other movies (Like say, Harrison Ford getting back in shape for playing Indy and later Han again), Plemons didn't have time to lose weight to get back to how Todd looked in Felina.
    Yeah, I tried to mentally make an excuse like, well, Jesse was a prisoner for a while so maybe Todd gained some weight and lost it again by "Felina" but it kept taking me out of the story. On the other hand, Todd was just as evil and creepy as always--Plemons is an excellent actor.

Loose ends that bothered me as well: did Jesse ever pay back Badger and Pete? They lost money out of pocket as well as possible legal expense. I would have liked if there was a moment when Jesse gave Ed some instructions to send money to Badger and Pete. (RIP Robert Forster, who played Ed and died the same day El Camino premiered on Netflix.) I also felt sorry for Jesse's parents. I know they were stupid to leave with police on their tails, and if Jesse had really met them at that lake, they'd have led the police right to him. But I still felt sorry for them--they will never hear from or see their son again, and they weren't bad parents.

I rate El Camino on par with a middling episode of "Breaking Bad." Not the worst, but nothing like the best that Vince Gilligan is capable of. I enjoyed it because I'm glad Jesse got closure.

My favorite part; Jesse tearing apart Todd's apartment. There was something really gratifying about that, knowing how Jesse killed Todd. Also, I thought the flashbacks and Jesse's PTSD were handled really well.

I might've prefered a new story set with Jesse already in Alaska but I'm not sure what the plot would be.

Oh well, i dug the movie anyway.