Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Jessie Plemon's significant weight gain was a bit distracting.
    Same here, I'm sure they could've, at least, tried to hide it, but it clearly wasn't a concern (there a sequence were he's wearing a short T-shirt and the camera angle even allowed for the belly to be seeing from below).

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    did Jesse ever pay back Badger and Pete?

(RIP Robert Forster, who played Ed and died the same day El Camino premiered on Netflix.)

I rate El Camino on par with a middling episode of "Breaking Bad." Not the worst, but nothing like the best that Vince Gilligan is capable of. I enjoyed it because I'm glad Jesse got closure.
    He did leave them a more pricey car, isn't it?

One of those coincidences, do we know if he got the opportunity to see the end product?

That's a summary I can get behind.

Funny thing is the film was the first time in a while we've heard about Jake, Jessie's younger brother who pretty much appeared in one episode and then pulled a "Chuck Cunningham" and was never seen again, even when the parents showed up again.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Same here, I'm sure they could've, at least, tried to hide it, but it clearly wasn't a concern (there a sequence were he's wearing a short T-shirt and the camera angle even allowed for the belly to be seeing from below).
    Yeah, I hate to be that shallow guy -- it's to be expected that someone like Aaron Paul would put on a few pounds because it's only natural for the body to do so after 6 years. But Jesse Plemons took me out of it.

But then again, Plemons slipped into that creepy role like a comfortable pair of old shoes, and I loved to hate him once more. He did very well here.

(plus, I like Plemons' work in general)

wow, you guys... i noticed his weight gain in fargo. but time passed, so it didnīt bother me at all.
    are badger and skinny pete together now? they live together and behaved like and an old couple
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

BANNED

Man, these guys really know how to play in this universe. Solid movie.

Has me excited for Saul to return too.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    wow, you guys... i noticed his weight gain in fargo. but time passed, so it didnīt bother me at all.
    are badger and skinny pete together now? they live together and behaved like and an old couple
    His weight gain isn't a surprise, it's that his flashbacks are supposed to echo his slimmer self because of the time period -- time didn't pass for him because all his scenes were obviously pre-death flashbacks. It would be as if Star Wars had modern day Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford flash back to a scene between Eps. 4 and 5 -- too much natural physical change prevents that from being believable as their 20-30something selves, disrupting the suspension of disbelief.

Plus, it's even more noticeable for the folks who binge watched in preparation for the movie. The juxtaposition is natural. While some aging is to be expected, his was by far the most drastic change. That so many viewers and critics noticed it means that people aren't being nitpicky but that it's a common enough observation.

Now, I'm not saying he should have been recast or such, and I praised his work earlier. The choice was to either eliminate him from the story, recast him, or have him reprise the role in service of the story and accept the consequences that came from it. I'm glad they went with the last option but that never would have removed the most noticeable change. What helped was the strength of the material and performances in the first place.
    Last edited by Cyke; 10-26-2019 at 12:04 AM.