Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Nightcrawler or Iceman
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Iceman.

also Nightcrawler, but I know there's no way that either of them would be allowed to be the leader.

I'd like to see Jean Grey as an Avenger
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I'd like to see Jean Grey as an Avenger
    Honestly, that's not a bad idea.

She's an incredibly powerful mutant, often the centerpiece of huge Marvel-wide stories, she's kind of a symbolic figurehead of the X-Men, so her being on the Avengers makes sense and would serve as an ambassador/representative for the X-Men better than most anyone else could. She could easily join on the basis of "mutants need someone to look up to, they need to see one of their own on Earth's Mightiest Heroes".

I kinda hope someone thinks of that down the line.

Jean would be a natural fit among the Avengers, during the Red serie they happened to work really well together, seeing more of that would be pretty nice.

Personally, I'd pick either her or Warren.
    I also like the idea of Nightcrawler being part of the Avengers, he would be an excellent fit, much more than the likes of Rogue, Sabertooth or Wolverine have ever been.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Jean, Emma or Betsy

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    he would be an excellent fit, much more than the likes of Rogue, Sabertooth or Wolverine have ever been.
    Jean would be a great choice. I honestly think she's the best option if you want an X-Men on the Avengers. Nightcrawler would be too. And I wouldn't argue with Colossus either.

But what was wrong with Rogue on the Avengers? I didn't read Uncanny Avengers (or whatever book it was that had her in the Avengers roster) so it's a dynamic I've never seen. But I always thought she'd be a good fit.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Jubilee. And yes, I know I say "Jubilee" when asked for an X-Man for anything. But I thought it would be interesting or at least funny to have her on a different team than the X-Men to have a contrast between how she works and acts with one and the other. I mean, the X-Men are her family, so like what if she approached the Avengers as if it were more of a job.

[Location: Avengers HQ. Jubilee's being shown around by Captain America and Iron Man]

Cap: "It's been a while since we did that mission with the vampire Nazis together. What brings you to our neck of the woods?"

Jubilee: "Well, I saw online that a couple members of the Avengers left after the last mission and that you were looking for some new members. So, I thought I'd come down and apply for the job."

Iron Man: "Well, we don't really have an application process, per se."

Jubilee: "I brought a resume and references" [hands Tony a couple off pieces of paper]

Iron Man: "Look, Jubilee [glances at paper] Wait, you know Patsy Walker?"

Jubilee: "I was her personal assistant for a little while."

Cap: "Jubilee, what's this really about?"

Jubilee: "Look, it's just like I said. I need a job. The X-Men are my family, but things have been kind of crazy with them lately. And they have about a bajillion members already. So, I set out on my own for a while. But not a lot of places are hiring people whose main skills are fighting mutant terrorists and blowing up purple genocide robots. So, I could really use a paying gig."

Iron Man: "Okay, so we'll take these [holds up papers] and we'll think about it. Anything else?"

Jubilee: "If I do make the team, I don't suppose there's in-house daycare is there?"

Cap: "No, but maybe we could get Luke and Jessica to recommend someplace."

Astonishing Member

Persuasion. What a waste of a good character.

Rachel Summers. Even Captain America thought that she would become "one of the greats".
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Unfortunately adherents of the HoxPoxDox will never stand for any X-Man or mutant to join the Avengers ever again.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Fantastic Member

Karma, Magik, Dani, Magma, Cypher, Wolfsbane would be great Avengers if written by Ewing
    Red Queen Kate Pryde and White Queen Emma Frost would be interesting for an Avengers type pirate book
    X-23
    Nightcrawler, Angel, Monet, Vulcan (can never have too many kings (assuming he retakes his throne) on your team), Husk, Jean, Polaris, Prestige

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    Rachel Summers. Even Captain America thought that she would become "one of the greats".
    I think being in the Avengers (or another high profile franchise) would actually be good for her, because honestly she tends to get overshadowed by Jean. Or teen Jean or whatever.

I think getting away from the X-Men a bit might be a good opportunity for her to maybe grow a bit. If nothing else, she wouldn't be in a group which had like 5 or 6 other people with the same power as her.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Has Betsy Braddock ever been an Avenger? If not, she's my next best pick after Maddy Pryor. Especially now that she's all Captain Britain-ish.

Since the X-Men apparently went technophobic, maybe Danger could find a new home with the Avengers.