Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch,...
    Wolverine. Deadpool.

The Avengers may not have such low standards as to have admitted Sabertooth, Mystique or Magneto, yet, but they have tons of ex-criminals and 'bad-guys' like those three, or Wonder Man, Black Widow, Namor, etc.

Cyclops. Its makes a statement for Mutants, and would strangely be probably the most combustible.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-26-2019 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Wolverine. Deadpool.

The Avengers may not have such low standards as to have admitted Sabertooth, Mystique or Magneto, yet, but they have tons of ex-criminals and 'bad-guys' like those three, or Wonder Man, Black Widow, Namor, etc.
    Heck, even Spidey rogue Sandman was an Avenger in the '90s.

Nightcrawler and Jean Grey are the first that come to mind.

Danielle Moonstar as Valkyrie with the Avengers has always been an idea of mine.

Kitty Pryde joining the brain trust alongside Tony and Reed would be cool too.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    He had reformed and lost membership when he became a villain again

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Cyclops. Its makes a statement for Mutants, and would strangely be probably the most combustible.
    A new Unity Squad led by Wanda and Cyclops would be interesting

If that goes against the grain for ya, then you'll be amazed how Madame Masque got in.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    A new Unity Squad led by Wanda and Cyclops would be interesting
    Would love to see this happen.

I was just pointing out that the Avengers have always been a halfway home for ex-villains to get redeemed. I'm actually kinda bummed Sandman's redemption didn't stick.

I was just pointing out that the Avengers have always been a halfway home for ex-villains to get redeemed. I'm actually kinda bummed Sandman's redemption didn't stick.
    Agreed. I miss his friendship with Ben Grimm. Also, I meant no offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Wolverine. Deadpool.

Actually, Sabertooth was a member of the Unity Squad in the second volume of Uncanny Avengers if I recall correctly. It was post AXIS where he was inverted for a bit.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

That book only lasted a single arc before Secret Wars curtailed it. It's understandable if you don't remember it.

Sabretooth stayed inverted for some time, but after Secret Wars went back to the X books (Uncanny, then Weapon X).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    A new Unity Squad led by Wanda and Cyclops would be interesting.
    Would love it, and only halfway because of all the heads asploding on the internet.

I'm actually kinda bummed Sandman's redemption didn't stick.
    Ditto. Although, in retrospect, he's also a pretty great Sinister Six member, and occupies a similar niche to Dust, who might not have been as likely if Sandman remained a prominent hero at the time of her creation.

You could make one heck of an Avengers team out of ex-cons or ex-villains or ex-foes.

Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Wonder Man, Vision (for, like, half a second, but still...), Songbird, Sandman, Namor, Moondragon (Madame MacEvil? Hah!), Ares, Rogue, Deadpool, etc. Thanks to Civil War, half of them, even Captain America, technically count as criminals...

But, back on topic, Angel/Archangel would be interesting. He's another X-peep who is kind of wasted over there, and has gotten some pretty great showings guesting in the Thunderbolts, and experience with other teams like the Defenders and Champions. Even his limited 'Angel' powers are still equal to regular Avengers like the Falcon, and one more power than Hawkeye or Captain America bring to the table.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 08-26-2019 at 05:46 AM.

Cyclops would probably be the most interesting option, given the reaction that might generate.

One thing about Cyke of course, is that he's no longer 100% loyal to the X-Men. He remembers his time displaced adventures, and therefore his membership on the modern Champions. He's probably be more receptive to invitations to join other teams now, as well as positions where he isn't the team leader (he deferred to Jean, Beast, and Ms. Marvel when on the All-New, Blue and Champions teams, not leading any team while in his future).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I think Gambit would make a great fit for a Secret Avengers team, his thievery skills would be of great use for a covert Avengers team.

What about Xorn, a heavy hitter like him would be a great counter point to Thor, similar to Hyperion.