Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Which X-Man would you like to see become an Avenger?

Wasn't sure to post this here, or the X-Men forum. But since it refers to the idea of Avengers more, I chose here.

It's not super common given that Marvel likes toe keep them distinct corners, but there are some occasional cases of X-Men joining the Avengers in the past, such as with Beast, Wolverine, Storm, Sunspot, Cannonball, Rogue, and Havok. If looking past "X-Men" and into mutants in general, we can't forget Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch being Avengers without being X-Men.

This question refers to X-Men who have never been Avengers before. It could open up new possibilities and dynamics, and see how they act in different situations. I really liked Hickman's run and seeing Sunspot and Cannonball be Avengers, so that's what I had in mind.

For me personally, I'd love to see Kitty Pryde (and Lockheed) join the Avengers. She's a long-serving X-Man, and in more recent years has served on the Guardians of the Galaxy as Star-Lord (granted, this may have happened due to Bendis' creepy obsession with her and a desire to get her in anything he possibly can...). I think it'd be neat to see her in Avengers-related stories, and you could even make it a plot point in that she joins the Avengers to "give people like her" someone to look up to. Plus, imagine her in the large-scale Avengers stories dealing with threats ranging from the Masters of Evil or Ultron, and trading snark with the other Avengers.

What about you guys?

Danielle Moonstar

I would love to see Nightcrawler. The Avengers rarely have teleporters

Extraordinary Member

Agreed on Danielle Moonstar. Also Iceman just because he's the only one of the three Amazing Friends who's never been an Avenger.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Agreed on Danielle Moonstar.
    Magic, psychic, mutant, leader, archer, native American, horror themes, sci-fi themes, fantasy themes, SHIELD, Asgard-adjacent... she checks an effton of boxes.

Iceman and Nightcrawler would make great Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Iceman and Nightcrawler would make great Avengers.
    I vote for both, at the same time.

Out of the two, Bobby has had at least a brief stint with a couple of "non-x-men" teams-- Champions, and the Defenders-- though the latter was certainly semi-X-Men with Angel and Beast involved.

I'd like to see Nightcrawler make the choice to step outside of his mutant comfort zone and be with a team like the Avengers.

Gambit, cherie
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Cyclops. I'm not a particular fan of the character, but it would be good to read the bedwetting on here.

Ultimate Member

Someone that the X-offices aren't using well (or at all) and someone who has a powerset and / or personality not already covered by regular Avengers. Someone colorful and dynamic and four-colored and competent and not at all 'dark' or gritty or overly serious or dour. (Sorry Bishop!)

So yes to Nightcrawler or Iceman, but even more yes to someone like Banshee or the Dazzler or Polaris.

BANNED

No one. I prefer X-Men to be X-Men.

Northstar gets my vote.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Jean Grey. She has so much to offer.

I vote for Karma.

Archangel. Like Iceman, he's been on the Champions and Defenders, so he's been on non-X teams before... and he was actually a solo hero called the Avenging Angel before Xavier recruited him. He has the Avenging adjective in front of his name and isn't an Avenger? That needs fixing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman