Default Silver Age (and beyond) Star Sapphire (Carol Ferris) Appreciation

NOTE: Not to be confused with the earlier Golden Age Star Sapphire (https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Star-Sapphire) who originally was a foe of Golden Age Flash (Jay Garrick).

First appearance of Carol Ferris = Showcase #22 (September-October 1959):

First appearance of Carol as Star Sapphire = Green Lantern #16 (October 1962):

And from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. XXII (December 1986):

Carol Ferris deserves a spotlight! Pilot, business woman, longtime love of Hal Jordan, former queen, former villain, Star Sapphire - Hero!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Carol Ferris deserves a spotlight! Pilot, business woman, longtime love of Hal Jordan, former queen, former villain, Star Sapphire - Hero!
    I appreciate that this design still retains the thigh-high boots .

A few more pages from Green Lantern #16 (October 1962):

Hal really shot himself in the foot. Carol didn't just happen to fall for the hero because he was so impressive. Hal deliberately set out to pursue her as Green Lantern since she turned him down as Hal Jordan (went all professional-only on him after her father left her in charge of the business). He refused to accept "no" as an answer, and then tried to get around it without thinking about the obvious consequences. That started them on what would turn out to be a messy road.

I see here we have the Star Sapphire thing - a big component of her character over the years, but not one I could ever really warm up to. Not, I admit, that I've read a lot with her in the role - though I have read some. I don't like good people made into villains, brainwashed or magiced, or whatever. Not long term, anyway. And hers was very long-term. And the hero thing with the same name sounds a little odd, given the history.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Carol Ferris aka Star Sapphire on GL:TAS.

StarSapphireGLTAS.jpg

(A) Star Sapphire shows up in the new "The Green Lantern" #11. I haven't read it yet, but I love the space pulpy look she's sporting there. Not forever, but it's a great variant.