The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default Is "For the Man Who Has Everything" back in Jason Todd's continuity?

Though it was primarily a Superman story, Alan Moore's "For the Man Who Has Everything" also featured one of Jason Todd's finest moments as Robin. Jason saved the day by turning the tables against Mongul with the latter's own ultimate weapon: the Black Mercy flower.

"For the Man Who Has Everything" was a Pre-COIE story, and I don't know whether or not it survived intact into Post-COIE and Post-FLASHPOINT continuity, specifically insofar as Jason's involvement. Is the story still in Jason's present continuity? If it is, it'd be interesting if Jason (now as the Red Hood) has a new encounter with Mongul and the alien conqueror recognizes him as the Boy Wonder who once thwarted him.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I believe so. I vaguely remember a reference to it in an issue of RHATO (the new 52 version I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Though it was primarily a Superman story, Alan Moore's "For the Man Who Has Everything" also featured one of Jason Todd's finest moments as Robin. Jason saved the day by turning the tables against Mongul with the latter's own ultimate weapon: the Black Mercy flower.

"For the Man Who Has Everything" was a Pre-COIE story, and I don't know whether or not it survived intact into Post-COIE and Post-FLASHPOINT continuity, specifically insofar as Jason's involvement. Is the story still in Jason's present continuity? If it is, it'd be interesting if Jason (now as the Red Hood) has a new encounter with Mongul and the alien conqueror recognizes him as the Boy Wonder who once thwarted him.
    If I'm not mistaken, they implied it still was back in the New 52 run of RHATO, when Superman went to met with Roy, Kori and Jason somewhere in an island. And I vaguely remember that story being also briefly nooded somewhere else a bit more recently than that time. And I think they mentioned the story too post-COIE, but I'm not sure if I'm remembering wrong that (Countdown, maybe?).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-01-2019 at 08:31 AM.

I'm 80% sure Mongul using the Black Mercy on Superman is still in-continuity. I think it was mentioned in the Rebirth Trinity run since Ivy re-purposed it.

Extraordinary Member

"For the Man Who Has Everything" was referenced (as Superman Annual #11) post Rebirth in RHatO Vol2 #14, when Jason, Artemis and Bizzaro were in the Fortress of Solitude using the Door Bizzarro build.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

It has been canon since the N52

RHATO v1 #14

As mentioned above, RHaTO references it in issue#14 of the second volume:

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    It has been canon since the N52
    Weird coincidence that both times it got referenced it's from an issue #14 huh?

It’s never left canon as far as I’m aware.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s never left canon as far as I’m aware.
    Well, it definitely wasn't canon between 1986 up until Infinite Crisis.

Astonishing Member

It ought to be, as it's probably Jason's crowning achievement during his tenure as Robin.

He did team up with Batman, Superman and Supergirl and confront Mongul back in the New 52 Batman/Superman run. Can't remember if there were a lot of referential bits or not. Feel like there might have been some callbacks.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com