Spectacular Member

Default Need thoughts on this, is a Secret Wars #8 cgc 9.4 signed by Stan Lee and Michael Zeck.....

I was wondering if a Secret Wars #8 cgc'd at 9.4 and signed by Michael Zeck and Stan Lee is worth $200 shipped? The reason I ask is I have an opportunity to purchase one, and being it has Stan Lee's signature on it I was highly interested, but it also has the Black Costume artist's signature as well. Just want to know what a fair price or round about price for a comic in this condition would be.

It seems like a fair price, but google around and see what people are charging for this comic at this cgc grade, and for other Stan Lee signatures.

Just make sure that the signatures are certified.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Spectacular Member

Yea it is CGC signature series certified(yellow label). I have been watching ebay prices, and such and most CGC Stan Lee secret wars #8 seem to run around $300 alone....but I was seeing what the pro's on here think.

All-New Member

not a pro, but if I had $200 to spend on a colelctible comic and a stan lee signed CGC secret wars #8 showed up at that price? I would bite for sure. If you have any buyer's remorse, you can flip it for what you paid very easily.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by scottydanger View Post
    not a pro, but if I had $200 to spend on a colelctible comic and a stan lee signed CGC secret wars #8 showed up at that price? I would bite for sure. If you have any buyer's remorse, you can flip it for what you paid very easily.
    Yea I don't think I will have buyer's remorse but I am kind of a newbie. The reason why I bought it is it's one of my favorite spidey covers of all time, and its my first Stan Lee signed cover comic. Plus it has the added bonus of Michael Zeck's signature.

The thing to remember with CGC books post the silver age is the real money is in 9.8 grades or higher. The 9.4 grade isn't super high.

Also where are the signatures? I'd make sure they don't interfere with the presentation of the cover. I have a Stan Lee Signature on 238 where Lee signed right over top of Roger Stern. The book was also signed by John Romita Sr and Jr. The Lee signature is a huge bummer.

I'd say all things considered, $200 is a decent price. Right now Lee charges around $100 for his signature alone. Then you add in grading fees and shipping and your right around $130ish. That doesn't even account for the Zeck signature or the book itself.

Again though- check presentation of the book.

Spectacular Member

secretwars8.jpg This is it.

Quote Originally Posted by rckstr1253 View Post
    secretwars8.jpg This is it.
    That's pretty sweet. Not to spend your money for you, but I say go for it. Sounds like you want it and, if you can afford it, i doubt you will regret it.

Spectacular Member

Yea I do want it, and I paid for it. I think the signatures are in good spots not across the artwork, or major areas of artwork. A lot on ebay have stan lee signed across the spider-man on the cover which to me doesn't look appealing.

Yea that sig placement is perfect. Nice find!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. View Post
    Yea that sig placement is perfect. Nice find!
    Thanks! =) It's the first Stan Lee signed comic I own. IS it better to have a comic signed in black sharpie, silver or other color?