Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Come up with an all new X-Team or Villain group.

What kind of team would you guys make if you could use any X-Men character to make a new team.

Only rule is you can't just make a new pure X-Men team, such as Blue, Gold, or Red team. Make a new separate group such as X-Force, X-Factor, etc.

Personally I'd make the X-Men version of the Thunderbolts/Suicide Squad, lead by Cable.

Cable
    Deadpool
    Sabretooth
    Juggernaut
    Black Tom
    Spiral
    Sage

haven't really settle on a name, maybe the X-pendables.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

So you're basically saying "Invent a new Team archetype" ok

Thats gonna be tough lol I don't really have an idea right now

I liked the "Science Squad" and the "XSE" as being different archetypes for X-teams

X-Factor as a detective agency was also pretty different and worked really well

X-Force as a militant head cracking squad is a well worn path at this point

Hellfire Club as amoral mercenaries who want to just own everything and be in control is OK but never really did it for me, reminds me too much of real world evils and that's just spooky

Brotherhood as a purely megalomaniacal world conquest organization is sooooooooo primitive and 1960s

The rebooted Brotherhood/Freedom Force is a LOT more compelling, as is Acolytes

I don't know I kind of like the X-Men BLUE squad they have going. It's like, a bit more hard edged than GOLD is but not quite equivalent to WEAPON X. I think it's a happy medium.

The XMEN RED team type of like "mutants on the run, have to go place and place and solve individual problems" is pretty cool idea actually looking forward to how that pans out
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member

Criminal mutants who have saved the world or were superheroes in the past, allowed to get out of jail much earlier by working for SHIELD or SWORD in dangerous missions.
    Something similar to Suicide Squad.
    Imagine if Cyclops and Emma had ended up there instead of escaping prison.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Criminal mutants who have saved the world or were superheroes in the past, allowed to get out of jail much earlier by working for SHIELD or SWORD in dangerous missions.
    Isn't that "sort of" like Freedom Force?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

I'd still go with my counter-intelligence spin on X-Force:

X-23
    Gambit
    Shogun
    Psylocke
    Hellion
    Dr. Nemesis

The story begins with the Kingmaker resurfacing, and Laura being asked to investigate since since his connections make it impossible to work through normal channels. Realizing she can't do it alone, she turns to Gambit for both his skills as a thief, and for help assembling a team. Betsy agrees to lend a hand (because a psychic ninja would be invaluable for espionage work) and she tracks down and recruits Shogun, because of his extensive special forces training (Laura needs to confront him with the fact that had he just ASKED for help during the Logan Legacy, she would have. He didn't need to hold the trigger words over her head). Dr. Nemesis joins on as well to be their Q. And because there's no such thing as enough Nemesis.

During their first operation, they uncover information that reveals Hellion's parents are involved with the plot. Laura seeks out Julian because she feels it's his parents and he deserves to know, and because they might be able to use that connection to find out what Kingmaker is up to.

Spectacular Member Wolvie valley's Avatar

My new X-team would be based on post-Logan movie

X-23
    Rictor
    Jubilee
    Gabby
    Warren
    Gambit

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'd still go with my counter-intelligence spin on X-Force:

X-23
    Gambit
    Shogun
    Psylocke
    Hellion
    Dr. Nemesis

The story begins with the Kingmaker resurfacing, and Laura being asked to investigate since since his connections make it impossible to work through normal channels. Realizing she can't do it alone, she turns to Gambit for both his skills as a thief, and for help assembling a team. Betsy agrees to lend a hand (because a psychic ninja would be invaluable for espionage work) and she tracks down and recruits Shogun, because of his extensive special forces training (Laura needs to confront him with the fact that had he just ASKED for help during the Logan Legacy, she would have. He didn't need to hold the trigger words over her head). Dr. Nemesis joins on as well to be their Q. And because there's no such thing as enough Nemesis.

During their first operation, they uncover information that reveals Hellion's parents are involved with the plot. Laura seeks out Julian because she feels it's his parents and he deserves to know, and because they might be able to use that connection to find out what Kingmaker is up to.
    Given how Laura's only character arc is the Facility and her past as an assassin and tool I admit I am beginning to think that giving her a solo book is looking like a bad idea because once you take that all away what's next? And what sort of role can Hellion play in this? I supposed as Laura's battle partner but what else can he do because he doesn't have any particular skills aside from leadership. Also I'm loving this line up and story.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Isn't that "sort of" like Freedom Force?
    It would be different, they would be condemned criminals, every time they save the world they would get closer to freedom.
    IIRC Justice (Vance Astrovik) went to jail for accidentally killing his father with his telekinesis (his father was attacking him), and he served the whole sentence.

Give Gillen a SWORD book with Emma and Scott and a few others forced to obey the orders of Abigail Brand to regain their freedom and it would have been much better than the Bendis stuff we got.

BANNED

Cyclops working for SHIELD would be like Captain America working for the Red Skull.
    SHIELD has always chased the X-Men, always treated them as a threat, built sentinels, hunted, trapped and killed mutants.
    Scott "agent of SHIELD" would be a high treason.
    So, no thanks.

It would be different, they would be condemned criminals, every time they save the world they would get closer to freedom.
    IIRC Justice (Vance Astrovik) went to jail for accidentally killing his father with his telekinesis (his father was attacking him), and he served the whole sentence.

Give Gillen a SWORD book with Emma and Scott and a few others forced to obey the orders of Abigail Brand to regain their freedom and it would have been much better than the Bendis stuff we got.
    No, thanks.
    I prefer Bendis's Scott fighting for Mutant Rights than he working for the government. The same government that hunts mutants, lock them up in jail and kill them.
    Last edited by CuteClops; 03-31-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Cyclops working for SHIELD would be like Captain America working for the Red Skull.
    SHIELD has always chased the X-Men, always treated them as a threat, built sentinels, hunted, trapped and killed mutants.
    SHIELD built Sentinels? I don't remember this. But it's hardly a deal-breaker, because I do remember Shaw, of the Hellfire Club, getting in on the Sentinels production gravy-train, and Emma being part of it, so it would hardly be out of character for Scott to get in bed with someone who makes Sentinels.

Anywho, I'd like to see an X-Men 'PR team,' full of telegenic mutants (and not necessary all 'pretty' ones that can pass for humans) and mutant allies whose job is explicitly to get on camera doing good stuff, operating as sanctioned heroes, like the Unity Squad started out as. Morally sketchy people (Deadpool), those who explicitly scare people (Wolverine), people who totes lots of guns and / or have a 'shoot first, ask questions later' sort of military mindset (Cable) and those who leave trails of bodies behind them (again, Deadpool and Wolverine), etc. need not apply.

They'd be the opposite of a 'black ops' team, one formed to get attention, and focus on the good mutants are doing, to reassure people (and set a good example for young mutants who could use a role-model who isn't Magneto or whatever). Despite his rollercoaster characterization since getting his metal wings, I feel like Warren Worthington would be an interesting choice to head up such a team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    SHIELD built Sentinels? I don't remember this. But it's hardly a deal-breaker, because I do remember Shaw, of the Hellfire Club, getting in on the Sentinels production gravy-train, and Emma being part of it, so it would hardly be out of character for Scott to get in bed with someone who makes Sentinels.
    Yes, SHIELD produces and uses sentinels. Read the X-books.

Well, Scott went to bed with a genocidal who is currently a terrorist who invades countries, attacks police forces, release a terrorist and uses kids as soldiers.
    So, yeah, it's okay.
    But working for the government or being an Avenger? No thanks. They are genocidal monsters that hunt, arrest and exterminate mutants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Given how Laura's only character arc is the Facility and her past as an assassin and tool I admit I am beginning to think that giving her a solo book is looking like a bad idea because once you take that all away what's next? And what sort of role can Hellion play in this? I supposed as Laura's battle partner but what else can he do because he doesn't have any particular skills aside from leadership. Also I'm loving this line up and story.
    Hellion would be the sort of "in over his head" newbie getting dragged along for the ride, and I can imagine a number of situations where TK would be of use. There's also the character drama. Laura and Julian being the most obvious, but the clash of egos between Julian and Nemesis would be a sight to behold.

Hellion would be the sort of "in over his head" newbie getting dragged along for the ride, and I can imagine a number of situations where TK would be of use. There's also the character drama. Laura and Julian being the most obvious, but the clash of egos between Julian and Nemesis would be a sight to behold.
    Wow sounds involved you really thought this through since spy work is not one Julian's strong points. And seeing Laura and Julian go nuts because of their past would b egreat. I've got to ask how close are you to that next chapter for New Class?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Wow sounds involved you really thought this through since spy work is not one Julian's strong points. And seeing Laura and Julian go nuts because of their past would b egreat. I've got to ask how close are you to that next chapter for New Class?
    Unfortunately, I don't know when I'll ever be getting back to it. Right now I'm finish up the first draft of a novel, then I've got a novella needing rewrites so I can rerelease it as a full-length novel, another novel in need of a reedit so I can get it back into print, (the publisher, who I wasn't happy with, closed up) and ANOTHER novel that still needs publishing.

Unfortunately, I don't know when I'll ever be getting back to it. Right now I'm finish up the first draft of a novel, then I've got a novella needing rewrites so I can rerelease it as a full-length novel, another novel in need of a reedit so I can get it back into print, (the publisher, who I wasn't happy with, closed up) and ANOTHER novel that still needs publishing.
    Ah business before pleasure I understand take you're time I'll know soon enough when New Class is updated.