Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The Great Lakes Avengers shouldn't be there since they were retconned to not be mutants.
    Wasn't that just Squirrel Girl?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Guess we're in for another round of "Emma isn't part of the Marauders team because she's the villain".
    There ain't no rest for the evil editors.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I think I spotted Cecilia Reyes but can't be sure (tiny figure, below Phantazia and Karma and to the lower right of Dani's large head).

Anyone find Neal Shaara/Thunderbird?
    Sixth cover above Dazzler in his Revolution costume.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I really dug this week's column after a weak one last week IMHO, when a number of creators seemed mostly uninterested in the X-Men and in answering questions about them.

I must say I'm quite unfamiliar with the writing of the majority of the writers of the Dawn of X books (save for Duggan and Brisson, both of whom I enjoy) but from this interview they certainly come across as insightful, enthusiastic and smart, and I'm now officially pumped for all the books.

glorious. im constantly torn between love and hate for bagley's style but mad respect for the chutzpah

BANNED

Huh, go figure. Neal is next to Kwannon/Psylocke on the far right, in his Revolution costume with goatee.

Looks like a tiny Franklin Richards in his FF duds below Amahl Farouk/Shadow King, to the left of Kitty.

Who is the tiny figure to the right of Feral supposed to be? It can't be Evan, I'd spotted him already.

Maggott is just above Bishop and below Emplate.

Is that Rusty Collins below Gateway? I wonder where Skids is.

BANNED

Who is the blonde supposed to be below Chamber and Sunspot (I think)? Loeb-era X-Force Boom-Boom? Doug with Warlock arm is just below her, Illyana is to her left.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    May as well. Just adding the cover pix to the thread.
    Hoo ha. Well done, Marvel. I only recognize about half the characters here. Here we go (characters I recognize, from left to right and top to bottom):

Across the top, I see Battering Ram and Abyss. Moving down, I see Adam X, Magneto, Feral, Oya?, Living Monolith, Onyxx, Skids, Harry Leland, Ever, Silver Samurai, Shark Girl, Cyclops, Mr. Sensitive, Loa, Mentallo, Sluk, Wolf Cub, Fan Boy, Paulie Provenzano, Isaac Javitz, Pixie, Skin, Professor X, Radius, Aurora, Quill?, Persuasion, Leech, Layla Miller, Blob, Paradigm, Kylun, and Hemingway...

...Pete Wisdom, Healer, Big Bertha, Red Guardian (formerly Vanguard), Glob Herman, Fabian Cortez, Hellion, Scanner, Prodigy, Murmur, Gateway, Broo, Bloke, Storm, Polaris, Banshee, Caliban, Micromax, Ricochet, Rusty Collins, Emplate, Transonic, Madrox, Amahl Farouk, Shadowcat, Justice, Maggott, Eye Boy, Sunder, Frenzy, Thunderbird, Franklin Richards, Peepers, Namor, Bishop, Iceman, Bevatron?, Pyro (St. John Allerdyce), Xorn, Darkstar, Sunfire, Black Box?, Vulcan, Shatterstar, Mandrill, Malcolm, Magma...

...Blowhard, Threnody, Surge, Forge, Dead Girl, Exodus, Fever Pitch, Neophyte, Skids again?, Stepford Cuckoos, Thornn, Vivisector, Azazel, Rictor?, Daken, Omega Red, Sunfire again?, Masque?, Zeitgeist, Boom Boom, Snowbird, Captain Britain (Betsy), Jubilee, Morph, M, Archangel, Ursa Major, Tempus, Wiz Kid, Dust, Rockslide, Genesis, Havok, Joseph, Warlock, Gambit, Apocalypse, Sabretooth, Hope Summers, Mastermind, Rogue, No-Girl, Avalanche, Maverick, Sebastian Shaw?, Marrow, Changeling...

show off

I'm actually not a fan of the Bagley image. Nice to see Synch and other characters that are forgotten, but at the same time some of these wallpaper character or loose ties to the X-Men really don't need to be there. With all of the clutter and misshaped sizes there is no central focus.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Rogue looks off model and that Marrow looks old as hell

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I'm actually not a fan of the Bagley image. Nice to see Synch and other characters that are forgotten, but at the same time some of these wallpaper character or loose ties to the X-Men really don't need to be there. With all of the clutter and misshaped sizes there is no central focus.
    I agree it's not GREAT art, but it's still fun to see some of these characters acknowledged even if it is 100% fan service and that's it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    ...Toad, Brute, Wallflower, Riptide, Fantomex, Tommy, Firestar, Mole, Carmella Unuscione, Stacy X, Silver, Fenris, Anarchist, Quentin Quire, Sage, Black Tom, Viper, Cyber, Holocaust, Selene, Wolverine, Beast, Thumbelina, Diamond Lil, Scrambler?, Strong Guy, Legion, Jean Grey, Domino, Synch, Arclight, Colossus, Amelia Voght, Harpoon, Destiny?, Hump, Lady Mastermind, Cannonball...

...Feedback, Siena Blaze, Alchemy, Velocidad, Outlaw, Annalee, Dragoness, Mercury, Tyler Dayspring, Sumo, Cipher, Berzerker, Callisto, Armor, Mist Mistress, Mondo, Chamber, Trance, Jenny Ransome, Northstar, Magik, Sunspot, Darkhawk, Primal, Mystique, Tarot, Dani Moonstar, Wild Child, Cypher, Phantazia, Siryn, Angel Salvadore, Typhoid Mary, Stinger, Cecelia Reyes, Blockbuster, Prism, Flatman...

...Locus, Sanctity, Mikhail Rasputin, Mammomax, Jonas Graymalkin?, Venus Dee Milo, Empyrean, Blindfold, Gargouille, Nightcrawler, Skein/Gypsy Moth, Cylobel, Vanisher, Vertigo, Cable, Icarus, Tar Baby, Kwannon, Sinister, Rachel, Thunderbird (Neal Sharra), Gamesmaster, U-Go Girl, X-23, Dazzler, Blink, Elixir, Gaia?, Emma, Indra, Shinobi Shaw, Black Box, Dr. Nemesis, La Lunatica (from X-Men 2099), and Lila Cheney.

As for the rest, your guess is as good as mine!

Mighty Member

... why Mark Bagley?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I usually like Mark Bagley's art but I don't think this ensemble piece is his best work exactly. I don't think he makes his characters look sufficiently different from one another to pull off something like this. Kudos for the effort, mind you, but next time call Phil Jimenez.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Ricochet's a mutant?

Every cell of my body aches looking at that spread.
    "Cable was right!"