Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Default THE RISE OF SKYWALKER Trailer #2 (2019) STAR WARS

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Oh they are being super sneaky with this trailer. I am definitely interested in seeing where this goes.

I can't help but notice that the clips they show are in order of their release date, and not in episode order. I bet George is pissed.

Rey at the end screams of a cave vision, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I can't help but notice that the clips they show are in order of their release date, and not in episode order. I bet George is pissed.

Rey at the end screams of a cave vision, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this when it comes out.
    Yep, whole scene at the end of Rey was very similar to Luke's cave vision in Empire. Complete fake out to make people wonder if Rey is going dark.

That was amazing. Enough already, take my money!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Yeah, count me in on the list of people who think this is an equivalent to Luke's cave-vision. Which is a pity, because I'd love to see Darth Rey become canon.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Yeah, count me in on the list of people who think this is an equivalent to Luke's cave-vision. Which is a pity, because I'd love to see Darth Rey become canon.
    I don't know, seeing Rey confront an evil Force vision of herself could be very interesting, more so then Rey herself falling. Thing is, the movies haven't really set up a Rey falls story at all; while she's had brushes with the dark side, she's always choses to stay on the side of the angels with little hesitation. They'd have to set this all up in one movie and that's a lot of story that I doubt they have the time for. Her simply getting a vision of how she could've turned out had she made the wrong decision (like joining Kylo in the last movie?) would fit her story better and would be a heck of a visual sequence.

Also, I remember how the TLJ trailer ended making it look like she was going to join Kylo and that was a no-go. I'm pretty sure that the Darth Rey ending was just to get people talking and will play out differently then what is obviously implied. Heck, for all we know, the movie may try to "reveal" that the dark side is not actually evil, so Rey with red saber is not her fallen, but rounding out her education, or something.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

That was lame

Not a fan of the flip out sabre. Otherwise looks good.

Extraordinary Member

Literally every single person on the internet thinks the dark Rey clip is either a vision or some type of clone. So any outcome that isn't Rey turning is going to be viewed as deliberate misdirection and lacking in courage for doing something gutsy. Kinda think they put themselves in a corner here.

Mighty Member

If there's one thing I'd like to see is Rey - and Kylo - becoming the equivalent of Grey Jedi, or doing away with the Jedi altogether and creating something new. Neither of them are fully dark or light, just as no one is truly good or evil (although history has given us a few exceptions) and I would like to see them break away from the frankly rigid and unnatural demands of the Jedi code without becoming like the Sith.
    I'd also like to see a slightly less 'saintly' version of the Resistance as well.
    Oh, and I'm an unashamed Reylo fan.

Astonishing Member

The trailer looks great.
    Had very few scenes of the new movie but i liked the collection of scenes from the previous eight Star Wars movies.

So red eye C3-PO huh?

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    If there's one thing I'd like to see is Rey - and Kylo - becoming the equivalent of Grey Jedi, or doing away with the Jedi altogether and creating something new. Neither of them are fully dark or light, just as no one is truly good or evil (although history has given us a few exceptions) and I would like to see them break away from the frankly rigid and unnatural demands of the Jedi code without becoming like the Sith.
    I'd also like to see a slightly less 'saintly' version of the Resistance as well.
    Oh, and I'm an unashamed Reylo fan.
    I think the books touched on this a bit, but I feel like this is the most common outcome of long term peace. At least in terms of the Force not trying to always balance itself out between good and evil, which leads to each side getting more extreme. Thus, the right answer is to make a group of Jedi be in the middle and always keeping balance. As we saw in Episodes 1-3, things aren't always hunky dory when the good guys are in power too.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    As we saw in Episodes 1-3, things aren't always hunky dory when the good guys are in power too.
    Well a big part of that is, it is clear that the "good guys" are really quite alien. Annakin goes to Yoda for advice about his fear of a loved on dying, and Yoda advises him to let go of attachment and rejoice at them rejoining the living force. It's obvious that after 800 years of immersing himself in Jedi religious beliefs, that there is nothing human left in Yoda. He is utterly, utterly alien in a way that has nothing to do with his species.

So the "good guys" are more than a little creepy. They really do believe that you should feel nothing except a kind of beatific duty towards the will of the force.